Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers - First Half

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen had made some terrible throws too. 

Of course. I said that he "makes big mistakes." But he's a playmaker with an arm, and Peterman doesn't have any compelling qualities. Trading McCarron based on Peterman's preseason results was folly. 

Well, it's pretty obvious the Bills are going to lose this game and the game next week.  It still looks to me as if Josh Allen has what it takes to develop into a solid starter in the NFL, with a shot at greatness, but he's not there yet.  I also think Tremaine Edmunds is going to be a good one at middle linebacker, but good offenses and smart QBs are going to fake him out and get him to bite on misdirection plays for a while.  The bottom line is if one wants to be a Bills fan, there is still some pain to be endured.  My questions are related to the offensive line.  Personnel wise, the talent level has slipped.  Richie Incognito may be a loony tune, but the man could play offensive guard.  Vlad Ducasse, not so much.  Eric Wood may have been maligned by Bills fans, but he was pretty good.  The Bills are also dealing with a lack of chemistry on the line because of all the switching that was done in the preseason.  The talent level is not going to change, but there is at least a chance that the chemistry will build some, and the line won't be quite ast putrid in a few weeks.

Then of course there is the schedule, which was stacked against the Bills at least in the first few weeks of the season.  At this point, I'm no longer expecting the Bills to make the playoffs, but with Allen and Edmunds having some time to develop, a fairly high draft position (middle of the pack or better) and plenty of cap room, I think they could do some real damage next year.