La Canfora: Bills Had No Choice But to Bench Peterman; Monitoring Waiver Wire and Depth Charts for QBs

26CornerBlitz

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

So signing a guy who isn't already on a team and playing him will endear the players to the team and provide a mentor?  If that were the plan, they'd already have done it.

I don’t think they expected Peterman to suck so bad that they couldn’t even feel comfortable trusting him as a backup. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, I might come off as a dick. But, I don’t want peterman on this team. I said it along with a few others on this forum that this off season that Peterman would be fighting for a roster spot. He played like his !@#$ was on fire during the preseason. But, then once again he soiled himself during a real game, that’s 2 out of 3 times. 

I’m surprised Moore hasn’t been brought in. 

45 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you don't think their plans have been readjusted after Peterman's debacle in week 1 then I don't know what to tell you.  

I haven't heard a peep about them bringing in any QB's for tryouts this past week. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mathematically, can't be worse.

Yeah but likely no better (in terms of wins).  So why waste the money?

Just now, drf1835 said:

Carson Palmer retired last year, but he would have been fine if he was receptive to playing again as a backup and mentor. Carson's brother taught Josh in the offseason too.

His rights are owned by the Cardinals, but if he wanted to play again he'd be starting somewhere.

Just now, Doc said:

I haven't heard a peep about them bringing in any QB's for tryouts this past week. 

Yeah but likely no better (in terms of wins).  So why waste the money?

Starter is Allen.  Who cares how many of his potential backups have won many games?  I bet they all have completed a game and likely won at least one.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Starter is Allen.  Who cares how many of his potential backups have won many games?  I bet they all have completed a game and likely won at least one.

I'm talking about in case of injury.  If he gets injured, the season is over anyway.

24 minutes ago, transient said:

I don’t think they expected Peterman to suck so bad that they couldn’t even feel comfortable trusting him as a backup. 

What does that tell you about this staff? He threw five picks in one half last year. Did you think he just had a bad day?