La Canfora: Bills Had No Choice But to Bench Peterman; Monitoring Waiver Wire and Depth Charts for QBs

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

I am in the camp of dont kill Allen this year.  Stick with Peterman.  Get the #1 pick.  Trade down several times.  Get some WRs, OL, TE and DBs in FA/Draft, and set ourselves up for 2019.

Exposing allen to a beating is just going to mess with his head and make it that much harder for him to be the QB of the future.

If he’s going to be ruined this quickly then he was never going to be good. I’d rather find out what this kid has sooner rather than later.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Again no backup they can get will win games for them.  If, god forbid, Allen goes down, the season is over and might as well get the best pick they can in next year's draft.

The trouble with that, is that there are guys who are supposedly putting their bodies on the line, in playing Sundays. Expecting them to do so with Peterman behind center again, is not going to endear the coaching staff to them, and that sort of thing gets around the league quickly.

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I for one hope that they add a vet and cut NP. Matt Moore is my choice. Peterman isn’t an NFL player and it sounds like the Bills finally realize what many of us already knew.

You want a vetranarian?  Just kidding Kirby.  You know I like you.  I do agree with you.  I just don’t know who’s out there.  One backup I always liked was Matt Moore.  He has a career completion rating of 60%.

i know he’s getting older, but he can’t be more than 34 yrs old.  I’d rather have him as my back up over Peterman.  His career is over.  Too bad as he seems like a nice kid, but he chokes.

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills brass simply aren't thinking about throwing away the season in that scenario. 

Why wouldn't they?  What does winning maybe a handful of games with a $5M/year backup do for the team in the long run?

29 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is Allen has half the success Watson did I would be thrilled, and Houston's O line last year was legendarily bad

But they have some of the BEST WRs in the league in possibly the best in Hopkins!!!! Our WRs won't make their PS.

4 minutes ago, Buddo said:

The trouble with that, is that there are guys who are supposedly putting their bodies on the line, in playing Sundays. Expecting them to do so with Peterman behind center again, is not going to endear the coaching staff to them, and that sort of thing gets around the league quickly.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They will need a viable backup/mentor beyond 2018 for Allen and they don't think like fans. 

So signing a guy who isn't already on a team and playing him will endear the players to the team and provide a mentor?  If that were the plan, they'd already have done it.

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...better "fit" on the OL?........we could get Lorenzen and have TWO former QB's on the OL.....historical first..................

Don't forget Jamarcus

Just now, Doc said:

So signing a guy who isn't already on a team and playing him will endear the players to the team and provide a mentor?  If that were the plan, they'd already have done it.

If you don't think their plans have been readjusted after Peterman's debacle in week 1 then I don't know what to tell you.  

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They will need a viable backup/mentor beyond 2018 for Allen and they don't think like fans. 

...as a 13 year vet, I believe vet minimum for Anderson is $1.015 million......not sure if you pro-rate it over remaining 15 games if signed............

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...as a 13 year vet, I believe vet minimum for Anderson is $1.015 million......not sure if you pro-rate it over remaining 15 games if signed............

Definitely pro-rated with players getting paid weekly by game checks and no vet salaries are guaranteed unless on a roster in week 1. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Process said:

I was admittedly a Peterman supporter....it was a momentary lack of sanity. I've come to my senses now.....grab EJ or Sanchez.....oh crap there I go again....

...any particular reason you omitted Cardale?.......just askin'...............

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Definitely pro-rated with players getting paid weekly by game checks and no vet salaries are guaranteed unless on a roster in week 1. 

...great point bud that I forgot about......thanks...:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Assuming this is all true, it is kind of astounding how far off the Bills FO and coaching staff were about Peterman's ability to be a starter and the related determination to trade AJ.

Well said. It also, is very comparable to past our regimes inability to recognize competent players...