La Canfora: Bills Had No Choice But to Bench Peterman; Monitoring Waiver Wire and Depth Charts for QBs

26CornerBlitz

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I for one hope that they add a vet and cut NP. Matt Moore is my choice. Peterman isn’t an NFL player and it sounds like the Bills finally realize what many of us already knew.

Matt Moore seems as good as a fit as any. As has ties to Carolina, ties to Daboll and been a solid NFL backup. I'd welcome him. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Likely not, but they need someone who can at least come in and not throw up allover themselves.  So I'd say it does matter. 

I wouldn't waste the cap space to bring in someone just because he might not throw up all over himself.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wouldn't waste the cap space to bring in someone just because he might not throw up all over himself.

Peterman isn't viable so he's kind of forcing the Bills hand to find a competent backup who could also mentor Allen.  Never Ready Nate cannot be trusted. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...surprised that in keeping with the valuable "Carolina Connection", McBeane hasn't called Derek Anderson who spent the last six years there behind Cam....

Rodney Peete is slimming down to football shape

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wPJY/lipozene-losing-a-lot-feat-holly-robinson-peete-rodney-peete

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman isn't viable so he's kind of forcing the Bills hand to find a viable backup who could also mentor Allen.  Never Ready Nate cannot be trusted. 

Again no backup they can get will win games for them.  If, god forbid, Allen goes down, the season is over and might as well get the best pick they can in next year's draft.

Just now, Doc said:

Again no backup they can get will win games for them.  If, god forbid, Allen goes down, the season is over and might as well get the best pick they can in next year's draft.

The Bills brass simply aren't thinking about throwing away the season in that scenario. 

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

...better "fit" on the OL?........we could get Lorenzen and have TWO former QB's on the OL.....historical first..................

Moore or Derek Anderson would be fine.  Josh needs a second person to go to and its not Nate. It has to be a QB who knows what success looks like. He has to have someone other than Daboll.  You can't vent about your boss to your boss. 

I bet McCown's relationship with Darnold is a large part of the development.    It has to be someone who is comfortable being a back-up. 

I am in the camp of dont kill Allen this year.  Stick with Peterman.  Get the #1 pick.  Trade down several times.  Get some WRs, OL, TE and DBs in FA/Draft, and set ourselves up for 2019.

Exposing allen to a beating is just going to mess with his head and make it that much harder for him to be the QB of the future.

• Like (+1) 1