UB-42 Rutgers-13 Bulls 4-0

PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Some of the play calling in the 2nd half was weak. A few short 3rd downs and they decide to throw deep low% jump balls.  Simple short hook would work fine.  Anyway, all good.  Rutgers is bad. The O looks different , obviously, when AJ isn’t in there.

UB just might be shade below the real good G-5 teams, like UCF and USF.  But they are right at their heels.  Fun team to watch, and hopefully they continue to get better. Beat Army! 

We still haven't given up a sack....one of only three teams in the country.Maybe Lance considers that stat to be more important than ballooning Jackson's numbers.Tyree could have tossed for over 400 yards today...big daddy,first round pick number but Lance pulled the plug on that.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

And it also matters to teams like UB come bowl selection time.I don't want a stinking MilkBone Bowl that's played on a Wednesday night in Pittsburgh..televised on ESPNU.

Damn right. New Year's Bowl or Bust!!  How many more wins before UB gets a sniff of the Top 25?  FYI, for all the hype I gave this game I couldn't even watch it. I had an event to manage while it was on. I did follow the live stat feed though. Anyone know where I can find a replay of the game?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Damn right. New Year's Bowl or Bust!!  How many more wins before UB gets a sniff of the Top 25?  FYI, for all the hype I gave this game I couldn't even watch it. I had an event to manage while it was on. I did follow the live stat feed though. Anyone know where I can find a replay of the game?

I’ll look around 

19 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

You should look at what Meyer just did...up 35-6 at the 50 with two minutes left in the half....just like the position we were in....Lance sent the team to the locker room...OS put up another 7.

Then become an OSU fan if u like his coaching that much 

Urban has done that for 20 years and Leipold will coach how he coaches 

im celebrating a victory , I really don’t care how Urban coaches. I care about them being prepared vs Army next week

i understand you wish they put up 60. Doenst always happen

Edited by Buffalo716

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2018/09/rutgers_gets_blown_out_by_buffalo_what_for_ru_star.html

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2018/09/rutgers-buffalo_politis_5_observations.html

"Buffalo quarterback Tyree Jackson threw one of the best passes I've ever seen in this stadium -- a frozen rope, on the run, that traveled 50 yards in the air and landed perfectly in the hands of preseason All-American receiver Anthony Johnson. This was an NFL throw to a future NFL receiver, and it raises a pretty good question: How the hell is Buffalo more talented than Rutgers?"

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Then become an OSU fan if u like his coaching that much 

Urban has done that for 20 years and Leipold will coach how he coaches 

im celebrating a victory , I really don’t care how Urban coaches. I care about them being prepared vs Army next week

i understand you wish they put up 60. Doenst always happen

Give the two polish guys,especially Zebrowski,the keys to sporting the Bulls elite offensive unit and we would hit ESPN SC highlights much like Boise St did before they went nationwide.You bring up 60 points..pfft...this offense could have put up 70 today....that will get you some national recognition,high profile telecasts and more people in the seats.This offense has no weak link...they could straight up go undefeated because of them...you flaunt it...you don't hide.

14 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Give the two polish guys,especially Zebrowski,the keys to sporting the Bulls elite offensive unit and we would hit ESPN SC highlights much like Boise St did before they went nationwide.You bring up 60 points..pfft...this offense could have put up 70 today....that will get you some national recognition,high profile telecasts and more people in the seats.This offense has no weak link...they could straight up go undefeated because of them...you flaunt it...you don't hide.

Sure they could’ve scored 70... they also could’ve given away plays they don’t want to show yet

UB isn’t going to be getting many more butts in the seats. It’s been the same 20000 loyal fans for 20 years

and every coach around the country knows who the UB Bulls are and that is all that matters, they are a program now not a laughing stock 

ive been with this program since day 1 when they restarted. This is the fruits of 20 years of painful work. This is the beginning of a program

Kids in Compton want to play for the Bulls, kids in Detroit want to play for the Bulls... not just any kids, good kids

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ha, it was a fun game to watch but easy on the Top 25 talk.  I mean, Kansas did the same thing to Rutgers a week ago. They beat Central Michigan too. But Kansas got beat pretty well by a not so great Baylor team today.

I'm happy they're winning though. I got to catch the 1st half and was flipping back and forth between them and Georgia-Mizzou

PS. I heard a blurb that it was the first time since 1981 that they started 4-0.

Damn, they were D-III back then. My brother was on that team and I knew a few other guys.

7 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Ha, it was a fun game to watch but easy on the Top 25 talk.  I mean, Kansas did the same thing to Rutgers a week ago. They beat Central Michigan too. But Kansas got beat pretty well by a not so great Baylor team today.

I'm happy they're winning though. I got to catch the 1st half and was flipping back and forth between them and Georgia-Mizzou

PS. I heard a blurb that it was the first time since 1981 that they started 4-0.

Damn, they were D-III back then. My brother was on that team and I knew a few other guys.

But not just 4-0, averaging 40pts/gm, plus only FBS team not to give up a sack. The Temple and EMU wins we're good ones.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Bills should be in the Big 10, Rutgers and Maryland just feels wrong, put them in the acc.

Bulls and Syracuse in Big 10.

Buffalo is more midwestern than east cost. They would be a great fit in the B1G Ten except for budget and tradition. But obviously the B1G is willing to lower it's standards for Rutgers. Academically UB fits the profile of the B1G Ten. They added Rutgers for the New York market, but UB has just as many downstate alums as they do.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.