What if the defense allows more than 45 points vs Chargers

Cygnus99

Then they shoot for the top pick of the draft in every round.  Im ok with that.  They should be able to build out next season and start competing.  As long as Josh improves over the course of the year and continues to improve.  If he is a bust... well then things change.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

Allows more than 45 points against the Chargers , what needs to be changed ?

You propose this like it would be some type of wildly unpredictable calamity.

I think losing, and losing a lot, is part of the plan for this year.

2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

Can't keep blaming Whaley or not having "your guys", that is for damn sure.

...sure as hell wish that there was NO truth to this "my guys versus their guys" crap....BIGGEST waste of time, money and potential squandered talent ( maybe underdeveloped due to lousy coaching as one example)....if, IF it is the current case, we have the wrong guys in charge.....we let Train Wrecks get away with it and it cost this club two years.....Whaley was never a bonafide GM "in charge" IMO......he was dispatched to go find talent as directed...and he kept churning the roster.....I go back to Schwartz coming in as DC......he had a particular scheme in mind when he arrived, but adjusted it to fit the personnel he had to work with......pretty successful IMO......

17 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

If the Chargers score 45 it's simply part of the McDermott "process"

Which is what Build a defense with your guys to get throttled every weekend and not have an offense that can keep up?  That Process?

17 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

...I guess what is slowly becoming an irritating point about "Process Boy" is this defense.......pretty sure by most accounts he is defense leaning where the majority of his experience lies.......so now we have a defensive leaning HC and a DC who has been around for years....yet we are woeful...skip the convenient "no talent" excuse.....sure there are some soft spots, but 25 or so are just talentless empty suits raking in maybe $75 mil/yr?.......ZERO answers in the pre-season for opposition's running game and it continues.....did "Process Boy" and/or Frazier have any counter punches last week vs the Ravens?......NONE......and with Phillip in town after 424 yds passing and 541 yds of total offense, should we expect more of the same from this "Dynamic Defensive Duo"?.......and I sure as hell ain't clappin'..............

38 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

I am sure that the "process" guys already have processed this and franchise historic defeats are all part of the plan, oops, I mean process.

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

and I sure as hell ain't clappin'..............

It's bad enough to simply see a head coach of a football team obviously clueless on the sideline, but when he's continually clapping like a deranged seal on top of looking totally clueless when his team, in every aspect of the game is pathetic, is just embarrassing to the players, the organization and the fans. 

Edited by I am the egg man