Is Ruben Brown the most underrated/forgotten Bills player of all-time?

BigDingus

2 minutes ago, DCBongo said:

Nope, every critical drive you would hear "holding, number 79, offense, 10 yard penalty repeat 2nd down".  My father and I still prefer to any offensive holding as the Ruben Brown memorial penalty. ?

..."momentarily detaining the opposition" sounds much more palatable IMO...............

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I remember at the time even Bills fans said he only got to the pro bowl so often based on reputation

This is what I remember also. My dad used to go on and on about this. I met him once as a kid, really great guy. Wish I could say that about some others but anyways.

As I've gotten older I've noticed my dad's sports opinions are awful. Much like mine lol

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

The most underappreciated Bill of all time is Robert James.

Wrong.  

He was voted to 3 pro bowls and 2 All APro Teams while playing on a very crappy team. This means he was widely recognized by the league and the sports writers.  He was a shutdown corner before they came up with the term.  He was the reason they outlawed the bump and run.   

James is on the Bills Wall of Fame after a 6 year career. This is both recognition and appreciation.  They can get no higher honor. 

Had and he played 10 years he may have been a Hall of Fame player, but like many, many, others players injuries shortened a great career.  

He he was not underappreciated but time moves on. 

Honestly I think he might be the most OVERRATED player...he was good, and great for a few years maybe but a lot of those pro bowls toward the tail end were coming from name recognition...he probably only deserved 3, maybe 4 of them based on his actual play.  He was definitely NOT as good as you would think  based on his resume.

Edited by matter2003