Give Allen His Weapons

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

22 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's not true at all. A lot of the older fans that are from the Rockpile days would love a team that runs the ball a lot and plays hard defense. 

Its not what I would want in today’s NFL, however I do think that’s how they have tried to build this team for years now. 

Our only shot at success is pound the ball and control the clock and keeping the defense as fresh as possible. It’s been built that way as long as I can remember. Marrone Rex and McD all seem to have the same philosophy as far as that goes. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Trade for Gordon

Sign Dez Bryant to a one year deal

Trade for Le'Veon Bell and Sign him to a 3-4 year deal at the money he wants.  It will expire before Allen needs a new deal if he ends up being legit.

You are still left with plenty of money next off-season and you won't have to give up too much in picks.

Pretty easy to fix when you're spending someone elses money.  You should be a politician !  LOL !

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

No one here has an obsession with 1960s football, Bobby. This is all in your head.

No it really isnt. We need this type of player because of the weather. 

Just lool at the posts. Run the ball play defense this this fan base’s mantra 

10 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Trade for Gordon

Sign Dez Bryant to a one year deal

Trade for Le'Veon Bell and Sign him to a 3-4 year deal at the money he wants.  It will expire before Allen needs a new deal if he ends up being legit.

You are still left with plenty of money next off-season and you won't have to give up too much in picks.

Why do people think McCoy needs to be replaced? He doesn't. What we need to do is keep all of our draft picks and draft a LT and C in the top 2 or 3 rounds because teams won't let good OL walk these days.  As far as Dez is concerned, he is an older version of KB. He might help a little, but not all that much.

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Wrong approach.  Trade for a C/G that can start.  QB makes the WR not the other way around.  Put Zay in the slot.  Split Clay and McCoy out wide.  Give Allen protection.

So Julio doesnt make Ryan Better

AJ Green doesnt make Dalton better 

Tyreek Hill doesnt make Mahommes better

It does seem like the Bills want a lot of "process Yes Men."   They believe the sum is better than individual parts. But the problem is the foundation of that sum needs to be "Star Level" players not "Star Lout." players.  They will take their time and draft stars for the O.  They are a Bosa away on D.  Let's hope they can use some of that cap on the OL and WR.

2 minutes ago, ThunderingHerd said:

Fix the o-line first...you can have the flashiest WRs and RBs, but it won't mean a thing if you can't block.

Thats going to happen next year. 

But wouldnt having a great WR be helpful to Josh Allen this year. I am not calling for a long term commitment. Just get him here this year to help Allen. 

He is cost controlled for two years. 

This year 790k

next year is an RFA tag him at original tender (cheapest)

Edited by MAJBobby

6 hours ago, White Linen said:

Not sure what exactly you meant by get them next year but you're not getting weapons.  They rarely become available.  

WR's and CB's are a lot more available than good OL, right? There are very few quality OL in the NFL right now.

Now is not the time to add weapons just so we can still miss the playoffs.  If they are going to suck then do it right for once.  There is a reason they purged all the high dollar underperforming players.  Why ruin that by doing the same as the last regime?  Let them suck.  Suck up the season and get on top of the draft next season also with a ton of cap room.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Why do people think McCoy needs to be replaced? He doesn't. What we need to do is keep all of our draft picks and draft a LT and C in the top 2 or 3 rounds because teams won't let good OL walk these days.  As far as Dez is concerned, he is an older version of KB. He might help a little, but not all that much.

Did I say anything about replacing McCoy?

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Now is not the time to add weapons just so we can still miss the playoffs.  If they are going to suck then do it right for once.  There is a reason they purged all the high dollar underperforming players.  Why ruin that by doing the same as the last regime?  Let them suck.  Suck up the season and get on top of the draft next season also with a ton of cap room.

Yes there is three reasons you add Gordon Right now. 

1.  Josh Allen Development 

2.  700k for an elite WR when on field, and RFA next year tender him low tender if someone comes with long term deal take the 2nd rounder and run. 

3. Josh Allen Development 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes there is three reasons you add Gordon Right now. 

1.  Josh Allen Development 

2.  700k for an elite WR when on field, and RFA next year tender him low tender if someone comes with long term deal take the 2nd rounder and run. 

3. Josh Allen Development 

I guess that makes some sense... if the guy can play, keeps his head on his shoulders, and doesn't get caught smoking pot guaranteeing he will never be in the NFL again.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Thats going to happen next year. 

But wouldnt having a great WR be helpful to Josh Allen this year. I am not calling for a long term commitment. Just get him here this year to help Allen. 

He is cost controlled for two years. 

This year 790k

next year is an RFA tag him at original tender (cheapest)

Is the OLine going to be completely addressed?  The FAs are either going to be crap or way overpriced unless you can trade for good player on the line, and that is not going to happen for any current players, because the team has very few good trade assets outside of picks.  So the draft right?  Well...they’ve had two drafts to address aging vets and a horrid right side - the vets retired and they traded away the only bona fide above average talent on the line.  Dawkins looked pretty good, but so did John miller in his first year.  So next year?  Maybe but they’ve got of holes they made themselves that they need to fix.  Apparently it wasn’t a priority to protect their QB of the future when they could have a MLB, who knows what other position might look more attractive for a trade up next year.  Remember they could’ve also not used a 2nd on Zay Jones and could’ve addressed the line then too ( I know Beane wasn’t the GM yet, but Castillo was). 

Oh and Castillo is not the guy you want grooming young linemen either.  So...I hope it all works out and I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Edited by Ayjent

5 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Is the OLine going to be completely addressed?  The FAs are either going to be crap or way overpriced unless you can trade for good player on the line, and that is not going to happen for any current players, because the team has very few good trade assets outside of picks.  So the draft right?  Well...they’ve had two drafts to address aging vets and a horrid right side - the vets retired and they traded away the only bona fide above average talent on the line.  Dawkins looked pretty good, but so did John miller in his first year.  So next year?  Maybe but they’ve got of holes they made themselves that they need to fix.  Apparently it wasn’t a priority to protect their QB of the future when they could have a MLB, who knows what other position might look more attractive for a trade up next year.  Remember they could’ve also not used a 2nd on Zay Jones and could’ve addressed the line then too ( I know Beane wasn’t the GM yet, but Castillo was). 

Oh and Castillo is not the guy you want grooming young linemen either.  So...I hope it all works out and I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Oooo i dont think it will. But thats what they are saying. And believe me I am all in agreement on Teflon Juan 

Giving Allen weapons isn't going to make a difference if he has no idea how to use them. He could have Jerry Rice, Gronk, and Barry Sanders out there and he'd still get sacked or chased out of the pocket every few plays because he has no idea where the rush is coming from. We can blame the o line all we want for that but the QB needs to be able to make pre snap reads and adjust the protections as necessary. Allen is still clueless in that regard.

Edited by VW82