Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

25 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I kinda agree.  There is a CHANCE this may work out for the Pats, but I put that at well under 50%.  The Pats are taking on WRs the Browns don't want anymore, and one that the Bills got rid of pretty quick.

Also, I'm not saying that Brady can't adjust to differnet WR styles (I'm sure he can) but it seems the Pats offense is predicated on WR's that do not pay the game Gordon does.  They live on short slants, hitches, and the WR's knowing exactly what to do and being on the same page as Brady.  Cooks last year was a big time WR, downfield threat and the Pats didn't want him after just one year anymore.

Cooks was NOT getting paid by the Pats so a 1st for him was the best they could hope for.  Also Brady has had many crappy receivers look good, like Bug eyes Caldwell, and Brady also worked well with Randy Moss.

23 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Of all teams, dealing him to the ´Évil Empire´. WTH is wrong with Cleveland?! I hope that Godforsaken, tire fire of a franchise eternally burns in hell.

Well, Bill B is the master of the "Dark Side."  Perhaps this was done with a little telekinetic "persuasion."

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wonder what made Cleveland all of a sudden decide to part ways with him? Seems like odd timing to me.

They just decided after week #1 that it was time to part ways?

Hopefully they caught wind of another "random" test

IF the test was done before the trade I do believe that would nullify the trade if he failed  IF they knowingly hid the fact. (As in that he failed)

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wonder what made Cleveland all of a sudden decide to part ways with him? Seems like odd timing to me.

He injured his hamstring in a promotional event not sponsored by the team on fri night, couldn’t play vs Saints, and showed up late looking “under the influence” on Saturday 

• Like (+1) 1

!@#$ we didn't offer the Browns at least a 5th for Josh? I guess Mr Beane is satisfied with Kelvin, 2 rookies, Holmes at WR.  !@#$ CB, WR, and Oline.  Our Front Office has been ignoring these for years

THE FACT JOSH IS A PATRIOT FOR A 5TH- SAME OLD BILLS, SAME OLD PATS

We will send a 7th for Corey Coleman, but not a 5th for Josh- WTF??

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

!@#$ we didn't offer the Browns at least a 5th for Josh? I guess Mr Beane is satisfied with Kelvin, 2 rookies, Holmes at WR.  !@#$ CB, WR, and Oline.  Our Front Office has been ignoring these for years

Maybe they did offer something, who knows. But these two teams are in very different places. The Pats don’t care about the future. They don’t care about draft picks. They are ready to win another SB now and have a very tight window to do so. Brady is 41. The Bills are completely looking to the future. They aren’t trading draft picks for a guy with one foot out of the league,  and a very low chance of succeeding with a rookie Qb as has been proven for years. Any WR they pick up now should be on a multi-year deal and not a clown 

After what Vontae just did, do you really think that McDermott would want to bring in Josh Gordon? No question the guy is supremely talented, but who knows if you can

count on him for a game let alone a season. A perennial playoff/SuperBowl team, with a hard-nosed coach, a great QB, and tons of leadership (aka the Patriots) might be able to get something out of Josh and keep him in line long enough for him to help them. But the current Bills are still trying to find their way. They have a lot of young guys playing important roles, etc. They don't need any more distractions than what they are currently dealing with. One WR was not going to turn this team around this year...the only thing that will make this a winning season is the same thing as last year, character, leadership, not giving up, playing as a team, coaching. We don't have enough talent to just outplay other teams (at least the better teams in the league) right now and Gordon would not have put us over the top talent-wise, so why risk the headache. Especially knowing that it would most likely be just a 14-game rental as we have lots of picks and money to get WRs next year (and I just don't see Josh holding it together for two or more consecutive seasons). This wasn't a case of him doing some things to force his way out of Cleveland, all of the issues were just who he is, what he is dealing with. I wish the guy luck in his life (not necessarily with the Patriots). But it is obvious to me (and a good decision) why the Bills wouldn't be interested.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

They should have a very young club - maybe ditch the cancer before it taints other apples.

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

THE FACT JOSH IS A PATRIOT FOR A 5TH- SAME OLD BILLS, SAME OLD PATS

We will send a 7th for Corey Coleman, but not a 5th for Josh- WTF??

The bolded part is what is so maddening.