Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

If he hasn't done anything to warrant a suspension, I can see him taking a 'prove-it' contract with an eye on cashing in at the end of the season. Beane will surely do his due diligence, and he could step in at #1 pretty quickly. But I see him going to the Pats. he'd not only have a better chance of racking up stats and earning a ring, but once Belichick sprinkles his magic fairy dust on him, the blinding Patriots aura will make him worth millions more on the open market. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's subject to the waiver claim process and the Bills should be at or near the top if they want him. 

I think but I'm not sure that it goes to this season after three weeks. Right now it is last season's. I could be wrong about that but I think I read that a while back.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

WR as a whole and most of the best ones are DIVAS. I have said this a bunch of times but I can't think of any team in any sport that won anything with a bunch of boy scouts. You can sign him and say we have a zero tolerance policy for this entire year. No screws ups or you are gone. If you play the whole year we reevaluate.

I think there is a gray area between Boy Scout and josh Gordon. The Bills are clearly within that, we don’t have many Boy Scouts between Shady, Zay,KB. They welcome PED guys, etc. The Bills don’t want Boy Scouts. They want football character. Guys that will do anything to win for their teammates. 1/11 and all that. Gordon is so far away from the type of player they want. not worth the time. They had to beg him to play at Baylor. He’s a liability and a waste of a roster spot for a rebuilding team.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think there is a gray area between Boy Scout and josh Gordon. The Bills are clearly within that, we don’t have many Boy Scouts between Shady, Zay,KB. They welcome PED guys, etc. The Bills don’t want Boy Scouts. They want football character. Guys that will do anything to win for their teammates. 1/11 and all that. Gordon is so far away from the type of player they want. not worth the time. They had to beg him to play at Baylor. He’s a liability and a waste of a roster spot. 

Good point. You may be right. I would still do it. Lay down the law. You have one chance to do what you need to do.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think there is a gray area between Boy Scout and josh Gordon. The Bills are clearly within that, we don’t have many Boy Scouts between Shady, Zay,KB. They welcome PED guys, etc. The Bills don’t want Boy Scouts. They want football character. Guys that will do anything to win for their teammates. 1/11 and all that. Gordon is so far away from the type of player they want. not worth the time. They had to beg him to play at Baylor. He’s a liability and a waste of a roster spot. 

Winning!

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe, but Gordon does not love football... never had. Just can’t see him fitting in with this team or this regime. Waste of time imo. 

'Nuff said. Nobody on earth can make him love football. The first ingredient of football character is passion for the game. I don't want him anywhere near my favorite football team. Let somebody else buy his fool's gold. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i have this working theory.....

McBeane knew Gordon was gonna get released today so they pre-emptively cut Kerley...

i'm still working on the rest of it.....help a dude out would ya

If so, expect Beane to offer a 6th round pick to the Browns before he is released Monday.....

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

WR as a whole and most of the best ones are DIVAS. I have said this a bunch of times but I can't think of any team in any sport that won anything with a bunch of boy scouts. You can sign him and say we have a zero tolerance policy for this entire year. No screws ups or you are gone. If you play the whole year we reevaluate.

He's also the perfect player for Josh Allen.

Except Gordon isn't a diva.  He's a derelict.   A bum.  The opposite of a diva.  As someone else pointed out, he doesn't even care.  He just needs a paycheck to pay for his habits and errors.

3 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

I called it

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

If so, expect Beane to offer a 6th round pick to the Browns before he is released Monday.....

Except Gordon isn't a diva.  He's a derelict.   A bum.  The opposite of a diva.  As someone else pointed out, he doesn't even care.  He just needs a paycheck to pay for his habits and errors.

Hey... We’re paying a bunch of guys to play for other teams!  As long as he’s doing his drugs in WNY we should be good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1