Bills Release WR Jeremy Kerley; Sign DT Robert Thomas from PS

26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If this was the plan all along why did they resign Kyle and not trade/cut Clay etc?

I thought the process was "win now" and "win tomorrow".

What I want to know is why did Kyle come back. Did he want to help some young guys step into the role or is he planning on staying another year or so to be a part of a team that might go somewhere because it was pretty clearly not going to be this year.

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They don't make this move if Shaq Lawson goes on Sunday.  McDermott loves to rotate the DL, so it's a priority. 

I dont care what he loves. He obviously doesnt love offense. 

He paid Star 10M a year so he cant assume 4 more freaking snaps??

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought Kerley showed one of the better games of the WR last week.  Saw him open more than some others.

Spotrac shows him as carrying a $960,000 dead cap hit, meaning that his base salary is guaranteed

So we're now paying WR $4.5M to NOT play for us.

WTF are we, WR Divorce Court with automatic alimony?

This is all Whaley's fault, of course.?

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Salary cap floor maybe. 

No.  Bills have spent way more money than the floor average calculations.

The problem is they are spending a lot of money on players not on the team.

The issue is Beane could of signed one or 2 very good FAs long term this year instead of all these money costing short term moves.

That is what I don't understand.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

its a place holder year.  With 50 million of dead cap, the roster is going to be crap.  But it will be rolled over completely next year with virtually no dead cap and a franchise qB in Josh Allen to build around. 

And who caused that issue again?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What I want to know is why did Kyle come back. Did he want to help some young guys step into the role or is he planning on staying another year or so to be a part of a team that might go somewhere because it was pretty clearly not going to be this year.

If they weren't trying to win this year signing Kyle for 5.5 makes no sense.

14 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Then explain why we picked up a punter we hadn't actually seen punt, who also happens to be an ordained minister? 

Maybe because of his performance Sunday.  He averaged 50 yards a kick with a long of 58 and one of his punts caused a muff with that claimed left foot spin.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ALF said:

The warm weather Sunday , they really need to rotate the DL . I'm ok with going TE , miss O'Leary about now.

Ok lets for example say Yes The 10M dollar man, Rookie and Kyle cannot split up an additional 12 sanps. 

Why a WR over say Lacy, Dimarco or even Holmes (only played 16% last week compared to Kerley 66%)?

11 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

its a place holder year.  With 50 million of dead cap, the roster is going to be crap.  But it will be rolled over completely next year with virtually no dead cap and a franchise qB in Josh Allen to build around. 

Because we created dead cap while shedding talent.

Frankly are we better with star and dareus dead money, or dareus for another year and signing a player now? That’s 20m in cap hit at DT. 

Maybe throw vontaes money and stars money at a good CB and settle for dareus, for instance. 

Likewise, should we have just signed a $5m a year wr instead of Coleman/kerley? 

Tyrod and McCarron combine for 10m in dead space but we are blessed with peterman as a backup. 

Trent Murphy was just a bad signing. 

We couldve walked into next year generally every bit as able to make moves freely without inflicting so much pain on this year’s 53

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3