2019 Draft

Mark92

I really hope the Bills turn it around and contend for a playoff spot, but I really can't see that happening for a while. A top 5 pick is  quite likely. We have our QB and now need to build at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the the ball. No more high round DBs, WRs, etc until this gets fixed. RBs can't run without holes, QBs can't throw without time. DBs can't cover all day. It will take a couple years. Trade out of top 5 and stockpile later rounds and later years. Talented OL are tough to find in FA.. Draft OL and sign DL.

3 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

I really hope the Bills turn it around and contend for a playoff spot, but I really can't see that happening for a while. A top 5 pick is  quite likely. We have our QB and now need to build at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the the ball. No more high round DBs, WRs, etc until this gets fixed. RBs can't run without holes, QBs can't throw without time. DBs can't cover all day. It will take a couple years. Trade out of top 5 and stockpile later rounds and later years. Talented OL are tough to find in FA.. Draft OL and sign DL.

I agree with everything except we should absolutely take a high round WR within the next two drafts...as long as they do their homework and get the right guy.  When you get a guy with an arm like Allen you owe it to him to go out and find the next AJ Green or Julio Jones 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, twist_to_open said:

I would have no doubt, based on our very early projected drafting order that McDermott would grab him up. But seeing how we got our QB last draft I would like to see Beane trade down and build the trenches with several picks.

Trading down would be a priority given the number of players they need.  WR(2), OL(2-3), CB, LB and RB.... wow

It should be an interesting off-season no matter how this season goes.  The 90 mil of cap space and probably a top 10 pick.  

The only thing I don't like is that the JETS also have a ton of cap space so they seem to be a step ahead of us.  Ugh..... 

There are some good young trench players in FA  They have money to make a few long term FA investments and dont have to do it all in the draft  Just make sure they continue to add several quality grade starters each draft.   Its well worth a top 5 pick to get a elite LT/pass rusher/shut down corner

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Agree they should slide out of the top 3 to accumulate picks, if at all possible.  They need to come out of the first three rounds with help at pass rush, CB, WR and o-line.

Arguably that seems to Beane's stregnth, trading and negotiating draft picks. It would be good to have 5 or 6 picks in the first two rounds.

21 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Arguably that seems to Beane's stregnth, trading and negotiating draft picks. It would be good to have 5 or 6 picks in the first two rounds.

Need some top QB's to emerge for 2019 if they want to trade down

and do a better job with the haul than the Browns  This is what the browns ended up with in the Wentz deal  Ugghh is there even two decent starters in that list?

Corey Coleman
Shon Coleman
Cody Kessler (Since traded for a late round pick)
Derrick Kindred
Spencer Drango
Ricardo Louis
Jordan Payton (Since released)
Jabrill Peppers
Deshone Kizer (Since traded, along with picks, for Damarious Randall and picks)
Denzel Ward
Chad Thomas

Just now, Skins Malone said:

I was actually gonna start a thread about this and Bosa.  I dont watch college football much so all i have our highlights of Bosa.  Just wondering what people think about him...how he stakes up to other pass rushers in the draft...and if he should be a lock at one?

I think he is the best pass rusher right now. And no I dont think he is a lock for one right now 

2 hours ago, Mark92 said:

I don't normally watch many Ohio State games but I plan on watching tonight's primetime game just to get a look at Nick Bosa.  Anyone else? 

Michael Jordan*, G, Ohio State  
Height: 6-6. Weight: 312. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.20. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.

According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Jordan checks in at 6-foot-6, 312 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.20 seconds. His arms measure at 34.63 inches, his hands at 10.25 inches, and his wing span at 84 inches. He has excellent size and length for guard, and his measureables would fit as a tackle. 

Dre Mont Jones DT for OSU - Projected 1st

Kevonte Turpin WR for TCU - 2nd

Mike Weber RB OSU - 2nd to 3rd

Isaih Prince OT OSU - 3rd to 4th

those are the players in early top 100 lists 

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

Need some top QB's to emerge for 2019 if they want to trade down

and do a better job with the haul than the Browns  This is what the browns ended up with in the Wentz deal  Ugghh is there even two decent starters in that list?

Corey Coleman
Shon Coleman
Cody Kessler (Since traded for a late round pick)
Derrick Kindred
Spencer Drango
Ricardo Louis
Jordan Payton (Since released)
Jabrill Peppers
Deshone Kizer (Since traded, along with picks, for Damarious Randall and picks)
Denzel Ward
Chad Thomas

Drew Lock

Ryan Finley

Are already top graded QBs. If they perform like that and are top QBs your the 1st and 2nd pick will be a haul if a team holds them that already is happy with their QB

• Like (+1) 1

If you are watching the Ohio State game there are a few others to keep an eye on that haven’t been mentioned yet.

Parris Campbell plays the Percy Harvin role in Meyer’s offense. He’s an explosive playmaker when the ball is in his hands.

Kendall Sheffield is a JUCO transfer CB. He is a former 5 star and is probably next in the list of great OSU corners.

Isiah Prince is another OL that was a high end recruit that will be on an NFL OL. 

Mike Weber, Johnnie Dixon & Austin Mack are a few more skill players that will play at the next level.

There are some younger guys too that aren’t eligible yet that will be great pros (Chase Young especially). 

Also, I strongly, strongly encourage those of you that don’t follow college football to check out the college football forum. There is a lot of good conversation from people that pay close attention. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1