If we start 0-6 just if

DKBills25

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well the COT was strong and in their mind TT was not an expiring asset. Kyle is. This IS his last year 

You'll have to pardon me, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of getting rid of Kyle. I understand what you're saying. But this guy's been the Bills since, well, forever.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

What if we start 1-5, 2-4, 3-3, 4-2 or 5-1?  The Steelers and Browns have proven we can start 0-5-1, 0-4-2, 0-3-3, 0-2-4, 0-1-5, 1-4-1, 1-3-2, 1-2-3, 1-1-4, 2-3-1, 2-2-2, 2-1-3, 3-2-1, 3-1-2, or 4-1-1.

We should have a plan for all scenarios and if the Pegulas aren't questioning McD about all contingencies every day we are in trouble.  For example, no team that has started 3-1-2 has ever made the playoffs.  Ever.  If that is our start then I say we tank.

what if we start 0-1-5?

It's only one really bad game and we have a murderers row for a schedule so it definitely could happen. This sounds allot like last year how we really thought at the beginning we were lucky to win a game. I will admit our team doesn't look as good as last year and we have some glaring deficiencies and youth in some key positions. That being said if we can get the oline to gel at all and Edmunds starts getting more comfortable and the secondary gets healthy we can at least be competitive.

At this point you start Allen all season. Theres no point in dragging this out. We need to see what we have. Hes gonna have clunkers and some bad games but within those bad games we’ll still get an idea of what he can do. Peterman is a complete waste of a roster spot and shouldnt play another game unless its due to injury. 

41 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well the COT was strong and in their mind TT was not an expiring asset. Kyle is. This IS his last year. 

Knowing what you know now if Bills were done by Deadline week would you have Moved Richie and Eric

I would be open to trading anyone on this team 30 and over, starting with Shady. 

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

FIRE JUAN CASTILLO.

DOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????

How much blame should he shoulder for losing 3 good starting linemen??? Not saying I'm for or against letting him go, but I doubt his potential replacement would get much more out of this group. 

Personally, I don't think during the season (this year/this team specifically) should be the time for any drastic changes, like firing Castillo or especially benching Allen. The Bills are tasked with winning games with a less talented roster and a 2nd place schedule. It was going to be a down year, to whatever extent, no matter what. It sucks watching your favorite team lose (or totally suck $#!+ like last week), but this team is being built for long term success. A lot of fans may not truly understand what McBeane is and has been doing, but its all with a purpose, to eventually acheive a higher goal. Unfortunately, patience in Bills fans is nearly non-existent, even after breaking the drought, and everyone wants everything right now, like the little spoiled girl in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Taking a quote from an Aerosmith song, "sometimes you gotta lose to know how to win". 

54 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You're very good at twisting what critics of the Bills say when you can't refute them honestly with facts.  What I wrote was, "The most NFL successful teams don't hire inexperience HCs, give them control of personnel, and then hire inexperienced GMs without experience in managing personnel to do their bidding."   Comparing what the Ravens did to the Bills are doing is a f$#&ing joke.  In fact, it is the exact opposite, which may be why the Ravens have won 2 SBs and fielded playoff teams with regularity while the Bills missed the playoffs for 17 straight years in that same time span.

FYI... Ozzie Newsome was the VP of Player Personnel (defacto GM) back in 2000 when the Ravens won their very first Super Bowl.  John Harbaugh wasn't hired as Baltimore's HC until 2008, and he was not given control of player personnel.  That remains squarely in the hands of Ozzie Newsome, who is retiring after this season ... and he'll be succeeded by his assistant GM next year.  The Ravens  (formerly the Cleveland Browns) has never had the HC in charge of player personnel, and have gone 190-162 with 2 Super Bowl wins in the 22 years since they moved to Baltimore.  Apparently former owner, the late Art Modell, learned his lesson about giving personnel control to HCs after his experience with Bill Belichick (36-44, 1 playoff appearance in 5 seasons) as defacto GM during the Browns (later Ravens) last years in Cleveland.  Modell promoted Newsome from Director of Pro Personnel with the move to Baltimore, and there he's been ever since while the Ravens have gone through three coaching regimes: Ted Marchibroda (3 years), Brian Billick (9 years) and John Harbaugh (10 years).  Billick was fired IIRC because his teams didn't perform up to snuff despite a SB win, and rumors persist in the NFL that Harbaugh will get the axe if his team doesn't at least make the playoffs this year.

How is that anything like the Pegulas hiring McDermott, a rookie HC and giving him control of player personnel, and then hiring Beane, who was in charge of logistics or facilities or whatever as assistant GM in Carolina, to do McDermott's bidding?

I could spend the rest of the day listing all the  successful HCs in the NF L that were "inexperienced" as a HC before they got the job.  I'll just start with a few guys named Lombardi, Landry, and Noll.  And we could add from there.  As for GMs there was a guy named Polian.  You may have heard of him before.  And a number of others.  Again, it could take all day.

The key is any organization, which I emphasized and which you in your usual way either refused to read or understand, is to have your HC and GM in synch.  The Bills have that now. We'll see how they do.  Oh, and to say Beane had no experience dealing with personnel is laughable.

You are so tied up in wanting to put a negative spin on every single thing done at OBD that you refuse to read.  Or you have no idea how to comprehend what you read.

Go back to ranting about how Terry could care less about winning and just wants money from you.  It's more amusing.

5 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fans 

I had another question pop up in my head and I wanted to read what you guys would say or think would happen if we started 0-6. 

Also I defiantly do not want us to go 0-6 and I’m also very hopeful for the season still with Allen starting 

but if we do start 0-6 what happens ?

Do we keep Allen in ? 

Do we fire someone if the problems are obvious offensive or defensive? 

Certain players traded ? 

Let me know what you think 

hoping that this doesn’t happen 

GO BILLS !!

image.thumb.png.722816fde03acf85ed3164718301f04d.png

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

They SHOULD sell every player that is Not part of the future and has value at the deadline. 

McCoy

Clay

Hughes

Kyle

Lorax

etc etc etc etc 

Outside of Shady there isn't any other player on the roster I could see another team wanting to give up a draft pick for. Clay and Hughes are on huge contracts and not the most productive. Lorax and Kyle aren't productive enough to warrant a team trading for them. 

I just don't see any other veteran players on big contracts that other teams would want besides Shady. That being said if this team is 0-6 and there is a 3rd round pick on the table for Shady I would consider it. 

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Outside of Shady there isn't any other player on the roster I could see another team wanting to give up a draft pick for. Clay and Hughes are on huge contracts and not the most productive. Lorax and Kyle aren't productive enough to warrant a team trading for them. 

I just don't see any other veteran players on big contracts that other teams would want besides Shady. That being said if this team is 0-6 and there is a 3rd round pick on the table for Shady I would consider it. 

...I'm thinkin' OBD should be creative, innovative and avant garde by listing the unwanteds on Ebay.....TBD pundits are in full bloom and it's only GAME 2 approaching.....this is gonna get gooder....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Sorry Dareus Huge Contract. Got a pick. 

Every person I listed has value 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I'm thinkin' OBD should be creative, innovative and avant garde by listing the unwanteds on Ebay.....TBD pundits are in full bloom and it's only GAME 2 approaching.....this is gona get gooder....

I was more so approaching it from a hypothetical scenario of the team being 0-6. If that's the case (and that's a big IF) then the team has to consider trading a piece for a future asset. Right now at Game 2 we are far from the team being 0-6.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Sorry Dareus Huge Contract. Got a pick. 

Every person I listed has value 

Dareus was still viewed as a productive player on a 5-2 team. I know everyone around here was shitting on him because he was not living up to his huge contract but he was anchoring the run defense and still by far the best interior D-line player on the team. The Jags gave up a 5th and were desperate for run defense help.  

Odds are if the team is 0-6 none of those players will not be having good seasons or be performing any type of specialty skill that a team might need. I just don't see those big contract players netting a pick for the Bills. 

11 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I was more so approaching it from a hypothetical scenario of the team being 0-6. If that's the case (and that's a big IF) then the team has to consider trading a piece for a future asset. Right now at Game 2 we are far from the team being 0-6.

Dareus was still viewed as a productive player on a 5-2 team. I know everyone around here was shitting on him because he was not living up to his huge contract but he was anchoring the run defense and still by far the best interior D-line player on the team. The Jags gave up a 5th and were desperate for run defense help.  

Odds are if the team is 0-6 none of those players will not be having good seasons or be performing any type of specialty skill that a team might need. I just don't see those big contract players netting a pick for the Bills. 

Kyle not viewed around the lague as a productive player. Really??

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Kyle not viewed around the lague as a productive player. Really??

I just don't think this team would trade Kyle for a 7th round pick. I also think that at Kyle's current salary and given the other younger players a team could trade a late round pick for at DT teams aren't going to be knocking down the door for an older rental player when they can find better options elsewhere. It's not to say Kyle isn't productive but rather would there be a market to rent a veteran DT who maybe is above average but once again IF The team is 0-6 odds are there aren't too many players having good seasons. 

Dareus was on a bigger contract but Dareus was much younger and still anchoring the run defense of the team. The Jags were a poor run defending team despite their pass rush and amazing secondary. The Bills also took on a good cap hit trading Dareus while the Jags only really had to deal with dead money for this season, IF Dareus was an issue for them they could cut him in 2019 with no cap hit. It was only the Bills who would have had a cap hit cutting him in 2019 had he stayed. 

Overall you can't compare the two players because the scenarios are different if the Bills are an 0-6 team. 

Edited by billsfan89

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

...I'm approaching it from a hyperbolic chamber scenario....it's to ease the pain from...(1) the TBD prognosticating pundits who authored 3-13, 4-12, 5-11, 6-11 forecasts yet are off the wall and on the Peace Bridge rails when Phillip torches our twin cheeks for 400+.......(2) prolifically LMAO at the post game threads after we're "Philliped" from the same prognosticating gang....

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Fun until people keep posting Bills playoff scenarios after perfect mathematical impossibilty

...are flash cards allowed???......

• Haha (+1) 1