If we start 0-6 just if

DKBills25

3 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fans 

I had another question pop up in my head and I wanted to read what you guys would say or think would happen if we started 0-6. 

Also I defiantly do not want us to go 0-6 and I’m also very hopeful for the season still with Allen starting 

but if we do start 0-6 what happens ?

Do we keep Allen in ? 

Do we fire someone if the problems are obvious offensive or defensive? 

Certain players traded ? 

Let me know what you think 

hoping that this doesn’t happen 

GO BILLS !!

As I’ve said elsewhere IMO it matters how they go 0-16, not just 0-6

If the team plays hard and seems well prepared and well disciplined, but just doesn’t have the talent or catches a few bad breaks, I think it’s steady as she goes.

I think the Pegulas are prepared to be patient if they feel confident they’ve got the right coach and GM in the seats.

If the team shows a veritable Smorgasbord of Suckitude as last weekend with schemes that are being systematically exploited, and lead them to believe that they don’t have the right guys, who knows?

• Like (+1) 1

Of course it depends on the reason for 0-6. One example.....the play calling does not maximize the talent we have. Consider replacing OC. So many scenarios....so little time.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As I’ve said elsewhere IMO it matters how they go 0-16, not just 0-6

If the team plays hard and seems well prepared and well disciplined, but just doesn’t have the talent or catches a few bad breaks, I think it’s steady as she goes.

I think the Pegulas are prepared to be patient if they feel confident they’ve got the right coach and GM in the seats.

If the team shows a veritable Smorgasbord of Suckitude as last weekend with schemes that are being systematically exploited, and lead them to believe that they don’t have the right guys, who knows?

Suckitude....great term! Lolololol

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

What if we start 1-5, 2-4, 3-3, 4-2 or 5-1?  The Steelers and Browns have proven we can start 0-5-1, 0-4-2, 0-3-3, 0-2-4, 0-1-5, 1-4-1, 1-3-2, 1-2-3, 1-1-4, 2-3-1, 2-2-2, 2-1-3, 3-2-1, 3-1-2, or 4-1-1.

We should have a plan for all scenarios and if the Pegulas aren't questioning McD about all contingencies every day we are in trouble.  For example, no team that has started 3-1-2 has ever made the playoffs.  Ever.  If that is our start then I say we tank.

Thank God we're not in danger of a 3-1-2 or 4-1-1 start.  We can't handle another "curse!"

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Can NOT do that. He's the one untouchable.

Why he is NOT part of the future. Move him to a contending team for a mid round pick in his final football year. There really are very little untouchable players on this team. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Why he is NOT part of the future. Move him to a contending team for a mid round pick in his final football year. There really are very little untouchable players on this team. 

I realize that, but isn't he on a one-year deal?

Ugh. They should have tanked last year.

Just now, joesixpack said:

I realize that, but isn't he on a one-year deal?

Ugh. They should have tanked last year.

Yes he is. So you move him to a contending team that needs immediate DT help and say thank you to Kyle when you collect your mid round pick

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So what does keeing Kyle Williams on a 0 for team at the Trade Deadline do for this team. Nada

get the pick

If you remember, when they traded Sammy and Darby I was howling for them to trade Shady and Tyrod too.

Leading that charge. But I've never even considered trading Kyle. Don't know how they could face that locker room if they did that.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

If you remember, when they traded Sammy and Darby I was howling for them to trade Shady and Tyrod too.

Leading that charge. But I've never even considered trading Kyle. Don't know how they could face that locker room if they did that.

Easy. We traded our DT in his last year. Its a Business blah blah blah. 

Harrison it is your job now.  Fans get to married to their assets. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Easy. We traded our DT in his last year. Its a Business blah blah blah. 

Harrison it is your job now.  Fans get to married to their assets. 

Well, yeah. Kyle's been on the team for almost as long as my last marraige lasted, so...

:lol:

Could you imagine the apocalypse here if that happened?

The server may literally explode.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

Well, yeah. Kyle's been on the team for almost as long as my last marraige lasted, so...

:lol:

Could you imagine the apocalypse here if that happened?

The server may literally explode.

No I think more people would understand it is flipping an expiring asset for younger asset. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Baltimore hired Harbaugh with no HC experience, and when Ozzie took over he had never been a GM.  Just as one example.

You're very good at twisting what critics of the Bills say when you can't refute them honestly with facts.  What I wrote was, "The most NFL successful teams don't hire inexperience HCs, give them control of personnel, and then hire inexperienced GMs without experience in managing personnel to do their bidding."   Comparing what the Ravens did to the Bills are doing is a f$#&ing joke.  In fact, it is the exact opposite, which may be why the Ravens have won 2 SBs and fielded playoff teams with regularity while the Bills missed the playoffs for 17 straight years in that same time span.

FYI... Ozzie Newsome was the VP of Player Personnel (defacto GM) back in 2000 when the Ravens won their very first Super Bowl.  John Harbaugh wasn't hired as Baltimore's HC until 2008, and he was not given control of player personnel.  That remains squarely in the hands of Ozzie Newsome, who is retiring after this season ... and he'll be succeeded by his assistant GM next year.  The Ravens  (formerly the Cleveland Browns) has never had the HC in charge of player personnel, and have gone 190-162 with 2 Super Bowl wins in the 22 years since they moved to Baltimore.  Apparently former owner, the late Art Modell, learned his lesson about giving personnel control to HCs after his experience with Bill Belichick (36-44, 1 playoff appearance in 5 seasons) as defacto GM during the Browns (later Ravens) last years in Cleveland.  Modell promoted Newsome from Director of Pro Personnel with the move to Baltimore, and there he's been ever since while the Ravens have gone through three coaching regimes: Ted Marchibroda (3 years), Brian Billick (9 years) and John Harbaugh (10 years).  Billick was fired IIRC because his teams didn't perform up to snuff despite a SB win, and rumors persist in the NFL that Harbaugh will get the axe if his team doesn't at least make the playoffs this year.

How is that anything like the Pegulas hiring McDermott, a rookie HC and giving him control of player personnel, and then hiring Beane, who was in charge of logistics or facilities or whatever as assistant GM in Carolina, to do McDermott's bidding?

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Uh, have you seen there are STILL people complaining about trading Tyrod?

Well the COT was strong and in their mind TT was not an expiring asset. Kyle is. This IS his last year. 

Knowing what you know now if Bills were done by Deadline week would you have Moved Richie and Eric

Edited by MAJBobby