Sarcastic Peterman Hit-piece makes Colin Cowherd a scumbag

13 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Pretty funny and spot on.  He's flip flopping alot with Allen though.  Keeping Tyrod for a year or 2 was the right move.  Hopefully, Allen develops fast.

Tuhrod/Tyrod please get over it say it the way it's spelled not the way mom called him after 3 yrs of calling him Tyrod just stop !!

There now the foolish thing is that even thought they didn't want to keep Tyrod because they were going to have to pay him a S**T ton of money they had a veteran QB they signed for little money in comparison & pulled a premature evacuation move when they should have at the very least kept him for a couple weeks to see how this would play out given Peterman's history & the fact that they had a supposed plan for Allen !! 

Not the best move made by the coach !! 

I feel bad for Peterman he plays good in preseason and practice and can't translate it to the regular season. Which keeps tricking our Coaches into thinking he can do it. Unfortunately he will be forever thought of as a flop and anyone throws five picks in the first half  it will now be called pulling a Peterman.

14 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Perhaps I have read the numbers wrong, but his guaranteed base salary in 2017 wa$465,000, plus a $239,508 signing bonus, and his 2018 cash payout is $555,000, plus base salary. There's more to it, and I'd be lying if I said I understood it. But, his total contract worth is reported at over $2.6 million. 

Whatever. It really doesn't matter. Let's say he only made $500,000 over the last two years. He's 24 years old. 

Maybe I'd feel sorry for him if he had been good at what he does, like so many other NFL prospects who don't make it in the league. Or, if he had been good, but just hit a batch of bad luck. But, that is not the case.

He stinks. On ice.

Thats a little more than I thought. I don't expect him to play out his entire contract.

i don't like counting other people's money, but while we're at it peterman made a lot of money for other people during his college career.

its strange to me that people think any amount of abuse and ridicule is justified either because Nate doesn't deserve his money or is rich. By all accounts peterman has overachieved for his natural talent and draft position.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I find Cowherd highly annoying and decided I couldn't listen to him when his radio show was on WGR 550 every day.   And I swear to God the guy couldn't go more than 7 minutes without uttering the name "Urban Meyer."   LOL.  

But he is not a dummy.

And he uttered the word  Bellichick every 2 minutes,, and Brady every 10 seconds, and Kaitlyn Jenner every 2.35 seconds, the one week  I listened to him..See, he has an obsession with those teams, gms, owners, persons and players who succeed year and year, and he has a hatred and apathy towards those who fail. He sees himself as one who is a hardworker and who succeeded, so he relates to those types. He despises failures and lacks empathy for them. His lack of self esteem in other ways, likely with his looks and manhood, is why he needs to put down those who fail; to build his ego up. His drooling over the successful persons pumps himself up more, too. I am his doctor, and am following his mental health progress, so I should know...Just joking cowterd.

14 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I never felt like Tyrod could put the team on his shoulders and “will” them to a victory when his supporting cast wasn’t up to par (don’t mean to imply Peterman could), so long term he was never going to be a franchise answer—for that matter after the Steelers gifted him with +5 turnover margin he still couldn’t force the Bud Light lockers to open last week...

Tyrod is terrible.

I was all for taking a shot with Peterman last year. Then he threw 5 picks in a half and demonstrated that he was overwhelmed playing QB in the NFL.  

What concerns me is that this coaching staff decided to trade 1 QB and start another based on meaningless, totally useless, pre-season game play.  They are supposed to be the pros who are smarter than that.

Allen is a RAW prospect who was never supposed to be ready to start this early this year.  And now he is your starter and we have no backup to go to if he is equally in over his head.

If he really struggles tomorrow and we get blown out, again, then where do you go?

Back to Peterman?!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Cowherd pretty much gets all of this right-- even the pronunciation of "Tyrod." The "Best for Last" segment was a little mean spirited, but so what? Peterman's career is, indeed, over. I'm pretty damn good at my job-- I've been doing it for over thirty years-- and I'm just solidly middle class. Peterman's made millions (right out of college!) doing something he truly sucks at. Call me cold-hearted, but if all Late Nate has to deal with is a little bit of ridicule, he can go ahead and cry himself all the way to the bank. He gets no sympathy from me.

This. Times a million. I dont believe in bashing so much but cmon. Cry to the !@#$kng bank you rich jock !@#$s.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ganesh said:

Yeah,.You had your job for 30 years...But the 500K he earns now has to be split over the next 30 years assuming he gave everything to the NFL and doesn't have an option other than to go back flipping burgers.

Peterman graduated from U of T in 3 years and completed an MBA from Pitt's Katz School of Business. 

I don't think burger flipping is in his future plans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t understand what makes him a scumbag here? Because he bashed our horrible QB? Is he wrong?

People can't handle the truth.

There's a lot of opinion that gets tossed around here as fact, hell I'm guilty of it at times.

This was not opinion.

This video was factual.

Peterman had a terrible, terrible game (again) and Colin ripped him for it.

Exactly what should have happened.

Peterman ripped for it, and benched.

Awesome title edit.  And yeah, Cowherd has a scummy streak.  

After the draft when he had him on, Cowhered was 100% trying to provoke Mayfield, who did a great job of shutting him up

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

People can't handle the truth.

There's a lot of opinion that gets tossed around here as fact, hell I'm guilty of it at times.

This was not opinion.

This video was factual.

Peterman had a terrible, terrible game (again) and Colin ripped him for it.

Exactly what should have happened.

Peterman ripped for it, and benched.

It’s quite the stretch to refer to that video as “factual” or “the truth”.  It was sarcastic comedy

Of course it had facts and truth at the core, which is a key feature of the best lampooning humor.

I thought it went a bit too far, and even Cowherd ack’d it was mean-spirited.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Peterman graduated from U of T in 3 years and completed an MBA from Pitt's Katz School of Business. 

I don't think burger flipping is in his future plans.

Thank you.

#1. ive always thought NP sucks balls. 

#2. I was on the "we shouldnt bench Tyrod in the middle of a playoff race for a 5th round rookie QB" train. Yeah Tyrod isnt good enuff but at least he wont lose you the game, and as we all know, he wont win it for you either...

#3  I hate when fans call bad players fry cooks or burger flippers. Talking down on someone else to make yourself feel better about your life is wrong, and sad.

#4 All of these players are making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, i dont feel bad for any of them

#5 I dont want NP any where close to my starting team but, I wish the kid the most of success in his life, especially as a football player. Good Luck Nate. Take a year off to realllly hit the gym (or Bradys supplier) (im dead serious too), level that arm strength up, fix your wide base stance and come back and earn a spot on someone else's 53. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Awesome title edit.  And yeah, Cowherd has a scummy streak.  

After the draft when he had him on, Cowhered was 100% trying to provoke Mayfield, who did a great job of shutting him up

It’s quite the stretch to refer to that video as “factual” or “the truth”.  It was sarcastic comedy

Of course it had facts and truth at the core, which is a key feature of the best lampooning humor.

I thought it went a bit too far, and even Cowherd ack’d it was mean-spirited.

So his reporting of the statistics during the game were not factual?

Peterman was god awful, and nothing colin said was not true regarding him.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

Is that OPs video? I wanna see that. Cowherds an @sshole but sometimes can be funny. NP is gonna go cry in his 6 figure bank account plus, he can always take a year off juice those the core and upper body muscles to get his arm strength up and try again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Nowhere did I assert that no content within the video was factual or accurate.  In fact I said “it had facts and truth at the core, which is a key feature of lampooning humor”

That’s different from referring to the whole piece as “the truth” or “factual”.  

It isn’t.  

It wasn’t intended to be.

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nowhere did I assert that no content within the video was factual or accurate.  In fact I said “it had facts and truth at the core, which is a key feature of lampooning humor”

That’s different from referring to the whole piece as “the truth” or “factual”.  

It isn’t.  

It wasn’t intended to be.

Agreed.

The issue most people seem to be having though is acting like it isn't a joke based on truth though.

oh well.

moving on.