Sarcastic Peterman Hit-piece makes Colin Cowherd a scumbag

17 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, not life changing money at all. But still ... I had to add up all my salaries in my life, standardized to 2018 dollars, in order to calculate an expected retirement benefit. Let's just say I was a whole lot older than 24 (Peterman's current age) before I hit even 500K ... we really shouldn't feel sorry for these guys who wash out of the NFL after a year or two. If they've been trying at all in school, they're in their mid-20s with a nice chunk of change in their pockets to get a jump on life and a new career. 

Yeah,.You had your job for 30 years...But the 500K he earns now has to be split over the next 30 years assuming he gave everything to the NFL and doesn't have an option other than to go back flipping burgers.

Nate Peterman is a Buffalo Bill.  He has worked hard to be the best QB he can be.  He has put his blood sweat and tears into this team and has taken a pounding in the process. I agree with most that it looks like he will not be able to transition from the college to the pro game.  He tried and failed.  It happens.

It's one thing for some national sports talk show hack to bag on Peterman, but we shouldn't be piling on too.  He is a part of the family, he wears the uniform that represents our city.  It's kinda like I can hit my brother but if you touch him, I'm gonna pop you.  

I'm not saying you can't be critical of a player's performance, but a lot of the Nate Peterman vitriol simply crosses the line of human decency and what should be expected from people who claim to be a part of the Bill's Mafia.  We shouldn't rally around our players just when they do great, we need to stand with them when they fail too.  Maybe Nate Peterman isn't a good NFL QB, but he's still a Buffalo Bill,  and we need to have his back and not pile on.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Steve Billieve said:

Nate's not even gonna come close to 1 mil after taxes let alone millions.

Perhaps I have read the numbers wrong, but his guaranteed base salary in 2017 wa$465,000, plus a $239,508 signing bonus, and his 2018 cash payout is $555,000, plus base salary. There's more to it, and I'd be lying if I said I understood it. But, his total contract worth is reported at over $2.6 million. 

Whatever. It really doesn't matter. Let's say he only made $500,000 over the last two years. He's 24 years old. 

Maybe I'd feel sorry for him if he had been good at what he does, like so many other NFL prospects who don't make it in the league. Or, if he had been good, but just hit a batch of bad luck. But, that is not the case.

He stinks. On ice.

26 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Yeah,.You had your job for 30 years...But the 500K he earns now has to be split over the next 30 years assuming he gave everything to the NFL and doesn't have an option other than to go back flipping burgers.

He's 24 years old! He transferred as a graduate student to Pitt!  Aren't we the pessimistic one ... flipping burgers is his only non-NFL future?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Might not even make $1m before taxes if this is his last year.  What does a fifth round pick earn?  It ain’t life changing money.

He has already made a million over last year and this years contract... minus taxes and whatever his agent gets.  Good money for doing ****.

If Peterman was QB for any other team, people here would be bagging on him and you wouldn't give two craps about Cowherd doing this segment. Sorry, but Peterman sucks and we now have 2 of the worst performances by a starting QB in NFL history and its not EJ Manuel.

34 minutes ago, ganesh said:

He has plenty of options.  For one he has a college degree in something.  For two he can invest his money in something.  For three he can join minor leagues and still make a buck.  There are other sports related things he can do too I am sure.

This is a big story for NFL fans, they actively followed the Peterman starts in the news. It's gonna be discussed in the national media, and the producers want Colin to talk about it. So he keeps it humorous and talks about how he feels: saddened, confused. 

Another dummy talking head smarter than Beane. Jim Rome did the same thing. Damn!

27 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

If Peterman was QB for any other team, people here would be bagging on him and you wouldn't give two craps about Cowherd doing this segment. Sorry, but Peterman sucks and we now have 2 of the worst performances by a starting QB in NFL history and its not EJ Manuel.

And folks would be making fun of the team/organization itself for starting Peterman in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

"This time around, Peterman came out HOT...leading the Bills on several long drives deep down the field if you include the yardage on punts."

"His most impressive drive came right before the half...when he led the team 98 yards through the tunnel and into the locker room."

"Peterman's performance was truly historic. His passer rating of 0.0 is a record surely never to be broken."

"In the end, the Bills lost to the Ravens 47-3. But the score didn't truly reflect Peterman's tremendous efforts...because Buffalo kicked that field goal long after Peterman had been benched."

:lol:

i find Cowherd to be an arrogant, condescending, pretentious douche...but this is dead on comedy gold right here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

He has a college degree.. this happens to TONs of NFL Fringe players every year. It's... How life works? Peterman could get a job and get 6 figures. The loads of young former NFL players that aren't in football join the workforce.. THE HORROR

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

This is a big story for NFL fans, they actively followed the Peterman starts in the news. It's gonna be discussed in the national media, and the producers want Colin to talk about it. So he keeps it humorous and talks about how he feels: saddened, confused. 

Another dummy talking head smarter than Beane. Jim Rome did the same thing. Damn!

I find Cowherd highly annoying and decided I couldn't listen to him when his radio show was on WGR 550 every day.   And I swear to God the guy couldn't go more than 7 minutes without uttering the name "Urban Meyer."   LOL.  

But he is not a dummy.

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I find Cowherd highly annoying and decided I couldn't listen to him when his radio show was on WGR 550 every day.   And I swear to God the guy couldn't go more than 7 minutes without uttering the name "Urban Meyer."   LOL.  

But he is not a dummy.

I just don't want to hear outrage about the Bills as if we don't have NFL fanbase following Peterman. The dude is trending extremely high on Twitter! Honestly it's kinda brutal I hope he doesn't have a Twitter account

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

And folks would be making fun of the team/organization itself for starting Peterman in the first place.

Yup its embarrassing, esp considering that Peterman did the exact same thing last year and a lot of suckers on this board fell for it. Peterman looked like a world beater in last years pre-season to the point where so many were clamoring for Tyrod to be benched before the season started. 

I would routinely make arguments that Tyrod was as good a bridge QB as the Bills could possibly get for Allen who would have zero pressure going into year 1 if a vet like Tyrod was anchoring the spot. But people were so against Tyrod on essentially a one year deal because they were so confident that any QB off the street was better than Tyrod. 

Now granted the Bills got a decent return for Tyrod on the final year of a contract and AJ McCaron could have been a decent game manager. So while I wouldn't have done the move I at least saw the effort to put into place a competent QB option in front of whichever QB we drafted. 

Instead they shipped AJ off for a 5th and banked on !@#$ing Peterman because he looked good in pre-season again. 

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think it was all that funny. I'm all for bagging on Peterman, though.

But here's another example of a clueless media member talking up Tyrod Taylor. He said Tyrod led them to the playoffs and that he has a consistent floor and low ceiling. Garbage. Tyrod threw for less than 100 yards in multiple games and is statistically one of the worst QB's in the league at throwing for TD's and yards.

Literally the only thing he was good at was not turning the ball over, which is admittedly a great trait to have. I used to think he had a good deep ball, but that seemed to disappear.

I never felt like Tyrod could put the team on his shoulders and “will” them to a victory when his supporting cast wasn’t up to par (don’t mean to imply Peterman could), so long term he was never going to be a franchise answer—for that matter after the Steelers gifted him with +5 turnover margin he still couldn’t force the Bud Light lockers to open last week...

Sometime in the last week or so he said "I can't remember the last time in the last 20 years the Bills haven't been the worse team in Football." Ummm, we haven't picked first since what 85?  And yes 2001 and 2010 we were terrible, but not last.

His phrasing was very mean spirited.  I could understand if he stated we were the most dysfunctional but he went with worse team. Do some fact finding, because we are the definition of below average.  

I feel he found an opportunity to take a shot at Buffalo and went with it.

9 hours ago, zonabb said:

Over the years, this site has utterly devolved into childish posts and Kim Jong Un authoritarianism.. I'm no angel by any means but the decline in quality posters with informative opinions has decline and the one line snark responses to opinions people don't agree with is out of hand, and I am now stooping... can't beat 'em join 'em. But even worse than that has been the censorship and dictatorial approach of the owners/mods. Sorry but if Colin Cowherd is a Scumbag is vague, along with a host of other "vague title" flags, you're both illiterate and lost. What seems to be issue here is the blanching of this forum to appease advertisers. As well as the raging boner for the media who come here and demand respect and the mods who work hard to force everyone to adhere. I'll never respect Wawrow. You can warning point me to death. Aside from his vapid work, I had to watch his childish fanboy act at a Tommy Stinson show a few years ago and I was embarrassed for him an everyone who had to see his act.

Youre making an assumption that he was ever good to begin with. I strongly disagree with that assumption 

The video was hilarious (especially the end of half drive where nate led the team 98 yards down the tunnel to the locker room).

The part that made me stop watching was Cowherd forcing himself to say, "Tuh-ROD."  After about the 15th time, I clicked the red X at the top right corner.