Sarcastic Peterman Hit-piece makes Colin Cowherd a scumbag

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:44 AM, Steve Billieve said:

500kish

So let me give everyone a choice:

You can either have a pretty good college career, go undrafted, get a 'real job' and always be proud that you played to a decent degree in college. Or you can enter the NFL, play a few games, be terrible, become a laughing stock, end up out of the league and always be remembered not for a respectable college career but for 7 ints and a 0.0 qb rating. But you get 500k in your back pocket. Even a million in your back pocket.

I honestly think I'd rather take the college career and become an office drone. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Inigo Montoya said:

Nate Peterman is a Buffalo Bill.  He has worked hard to be the best QB he can be.  He has put his blood sweat and tears into this team and has taken a pounding in the process. I agree with most that it looks like he will not be able to transition from the college to the pro game.  He tried and failed.  It happens.

It's one thing for some national sports talk show hack to bag on Peterman, but we shouldn't be piling on too.  He is a part of the family, he wears the uniform that represents our city.  It's kinda like I can hit my brother but if you touch him, I'm gonna pop you.  

I'm not saying you can't be critical of a player's performance, but a lot of the Nate Peterman vitriol simply crosses the line of human decency and what should be expected from people who claim to be a part of the Bill's Mafia.  We shouldn't rally around our players just when they do great, we need to stand with them when they fail too.  Maybe Nate Peterman isn't a good NFL QB, but he's still a Buffalo Bill,  and we need to have his back and not pile on.

I think that your post is great and I thank you for it. Imo however it misses one crucial element.

I agree that personal insults to Peterman are 100% wrong. Some even make light of his religious beliefs. This is particularly vile but might be a topic for a different board.

What I think that you miss is that a big majority of posters on this site knew that starting Peterman would be a disaster. On THIS WEBSITE!!! Don't you think that our coach/gm should have been able to figure this out? No matter who has been in charge for 20 years or more, they have managed to screw things up and it just doesn't change. This imo is what has people in a tizzy more than Peterman. NP is only the latest in 2 decades of major blunders by people who are paid millions to make good decisions.

In any event, your post makes some good points.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

You can either have a pretty good college career, go undrafted, get a 'real job' and always be proud that you played to a decent degree in college. Or you can enter the NFL, play a few games, be terrible, become a laughing stock, end up out of the league and always be remembered not for a respectable college career but for 7 ints and a 0.0 qb rating. But you get 500k in your back pocket. Even a million in your back pocket.

I think that I’d agree. 

20 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Nah, I'd still take the NFL gig. Peterman's to the NFL what van de Velde is to golf. He WILL be remembered forever! LOL

46 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

You can't just magically erase the production he brought on the ground. With those #'s factored in, he was a capable, avg NFL QB. He bailed out our offense numerous times and when you have a QB that can't (Nathan Peterpickerman), you lose 47-3 with a supposedly UPGRADED defense. 

We haven't gotten spanked that bad in decades. The saints and chargers game last year were bad, but this was historic. He gets a lot of national media credit, but it was a combo of him managing games and getting turnovers. The defense sucked last year, they just got the ball back. 

That's not true. Go add all of his rushing stats to his passing stats (even without doing that for other QB's) and he is still deficient.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

That's not true. Go add all of his rushing stats to his passing stats (even without doing that for other QB's) and he is still deficient.

What does that even mean? If I did that he would land at #17 in yards per game AND TDs per game. Average. Like most people who look at it objectively have it. 

What's not true about that.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that I’d agree. 

Not me! I'll take the BUCKS!!!