Sarcastic Peterman Hit-piece makes Colin Cowherd a scumbag

Yeah, as Cowherd himself said, that was mean-spirited, but as a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. Cowherd may be a scumbag, he may not be a scumbag, but the linked piece is lampooning Nate Peterman.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"This time around, Peterman came out HOT...leading the Bills on several long drives deep down the field if you include the yardage on punts."

"His most impressive drive came right before the half...when he led the team 98 yards through the tunnel and into the locker room."

"Peterman's performance was truly historic. His passer rating of 0.0 is a record surely never to be broken."

"In the end, the Bills lost to the Ravens 47-3. But the score didn't truly reflect Peterman's tremendous efforts...because Buffalo kicked that field goal long after Peterman had been benched."

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 6

Cowherd pretty much gets all of this right-- even the pronunciation of "Tyrod." The "Best for Last" segment was a little mean spirited, but so what? Peterman's career is, indeed, over. I'm pretty damn good at my job-- I've been doing it for over thirty years-- and I'm just solidly middle class. Peterman's made millions (right out of college!) doing something he truly sucks at. Call me cold-hearted, but if all Late Nate has to deal with is a little bit of ridicule, he can go ahead and cry himself all the way to the bank. He gets no sympathy from me.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think it was all that funny. I'm all for bagging on Peterman, though.

But here's another example of a clueless media member talking up Tyrod Taylor. He said Tyrod led them to the playoffs and that he has a consistent floor and low ceiling. Garbage. Tyrod threw for less than 100 yards in multiple games and is statistically one of the worst QB's in the league at throwing for TD's and yards.

Literally the only thing he was good at was not turning the ball over, which is admittedly a great trait to have. I used to think he had a good deep ball, but that seemed to disappear.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Cowherd pretty much gets all of this right-- even the pronunciation of "Tyrod." The "Best for Last" segment was a little mean spirited, but so what? Peterman's career is, indeed, over. I'm pretty damn good at my job-- I've been doing it for over thirty years-- and I'm just solidly middle class. Peterman's made millions (right out of college!) doing something he truly sucks at. Call me cold-hearted, but if all Late Nate has to deal with is a little bit of ridicule, he can go ahead and cry himself all the way to the bank. He gets no sympathy from me.

Nate's not even gonna come close to 1 mil after taxes let alone millions.

Edited by Steve Billieve
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Nate's not even gonna come close to 1 mil after taxes let alone millions.

Might not even make $1m before taxes if this is his last year.  What does a fifth round pick earn?  It ain’t life changing money.

52 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

He said "Tuh-Rod" MULTIPLE times,  which killed the whole schtick for me.

This dude NEVER corrected ANYONE in college, in Baltimore,  nor Buffalo when pronouncing his name "Tyrod", and now all of a sudden he wants to change his name to "Tuh-Rod" now that the HBO cameras are looking at you? CMON MAN!?

F'N RIDICULOUS!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Might not even make $1m before taxes if this is his last year.  What does a fifth round pick earn?  It ain’t life changing money.

No, not life changing money at all. But still ... I had to add up all my salaries in my life, standardized to 2018 dollars, in order to calculate an expected retirement benefit. Let's just say I was a whole lot older than 24 (Peterman's current age) before I hit even 500K ... we really shouldn't feel sorry for these guys who wash out of the NFL after a year or two. If they've been trying at all in school, they're in their mid-20s with a nice chunk of change in their pockets to get a jump on life and a new career. 

easy to kick a guy when he's down...if he wants to analyze and criticize Peterman's performance, great, that's his job and it's fair game. But this kind of BS is just a low blow. But I wouldn't expect more from such an assclown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Over the years, this site has utterly devolved into childish posts and Kim Jong Un authoritarianism.. I'm no angel by any means but the decline in quality posters with informative opinions has decline and the one line snark responses to opinions people don't agree with is out of hand, and I am now stooping... can't beat 'em join 'em. But even worse than that has been the censorship and dictatorial approach of the owners/mods. Sorry but if Colin Cowherd is a Scumbag is vague, along with a host of other "vague title" flags, you're both illiterate and lost. What seems to be issue here is the blanching of this forum to appease advertisers. As well as the raging boner for the media who come here and demand respect and the mods who work hard to force everyone to adhere. I'll never respect Wawrow. You can warning point me to death. Aside from his vapid work, I had to watch his childish fanboy act at a Tommy Stinson show a few years ago and I was embarrassed for him an everyone who had to see his act.

• Like (+1) 2