Restaurants on Gamedays

The Bills Blog

17 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Quick question. I have two season tickets this year and will be coming to Buffalo and back down to Maryland same-day each week. I'm pretty much bringing a new person with me to each game, and most of them have never been to Buffalo. Is there anywhere decent we can go after the game for traditional Buffalo fare (you know, wings and weck) without TOO much of a delay? Appreciate any insight.

You're driving round trip in one day?

15 hours ago, fansince88 said:

How many miles one way? WOW!

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This sounds like a crazy undertaking. That's leaving at like 5 to be safe every Sunday and getting home at 1? Am I wrong?

Hope you enjoy it, but wow that sounds like some long days. 

It's going to suck balls, no doubt. It's 4.5 hours one way.

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

You're driving round trip in one day?

Yessir, with the exception of the Monday night game

Edited by The Bills Blog

55 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Bar Bill for sure. -Shortest drive of all of the top shelf possibilities.

Went to Bar Bill last year about a half hour after a home game. It was somewhat busy but not crazy like I’ve seen there during their regular prime time hours.

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

It's going to suck balls, no doubt. It's 4.5 hours one way.

Yessir, with the exception of the Monday night game

I used to drive College Park to Amherst, and it was more like 6 hours.  But that was 40 years ago. 

I drive 6.5 one way to games.  Drive there on Saturday, back after the game. 

I think i will try Bar Bill tomorrow. 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:37 PM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Schwabl's is ~6 miles from the stadium and has very good beef on weck.

So overated 

On 9/14/2018 at 4:48 PM, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bar Bill in East Aurora hands down best wings and good beef on weck as well, its not too far from the stadium just have to go east on Big Tree Rd/20A  about 9 miles but it is a smaller place and you could wait a while to get a table. Worth the drive though

Overated place, from a former resident there.

2 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Went to Bar Bill last year about a half hour after a home game. It was somewhat busy but not crazy like I’ve seen there during their regular prime time hours.

If Bar Bill is packed you can always get take out from their counter around back and walk into Aurora Brew Works next door for a craft beer to go with the food. They’re happy to let you do that. 

21 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Im 252 in NNY. Bot as bad as I thought. I do it for every game. I always turn it in 1 day and am home by 10ish after the games. Usually stop for a bite out of town.

Also download the Waze app if you have not yet. Works great for letting you know where the traffic is flowing best and any police/accidents /potholes/detention due to traffic.  It is a community like this and everyone on the road can warn you of the above. Best GPS money can buy and it is free on your smart phone.  Got me out of a ton of traffic jams by offering detours before I got to them. 

Edited by fansince88

8 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Charlie the Butcher's (main location) was awful. The beef was room temperature, the bun had almost no caraway seed, and the sandwich was served without au jus on the side. Flabbergasted. MUCH better beef on weck at Duff's in Depew last month.

I never understood why people say Charlies beef on weck is the best, much less good. Way better off going to John & Mary's for a sub.