Jump to content
The Bills Blog

Restaurants on Gamedays

Recommended Posts

Quick question. I have two season tickets this year and will be coming to Buffalo and back down to Maryland same-day each week. I'm pretty much bringing a new person with me to each game, and most of them have never been to Buffalo. Is there anywhere decent we can go after the game for traditional Buffalo fare (you know, wings and weck) without TOO much of a delay? Appreciate any insight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Quick question. I have two season tickets this year and will be coming to Buffalo and back down to Maryland same-day each week. I'm pretty much bringing a new person with me to each game, and most of them have never been to Buffalo. Is there anywhere decent we can go after the game for traditional Buffalo fare (you know, wings and weck) without TOO much of a delay? Appreciate any insight.

That is a lot of driving. Be safe. 

Send Plezmed a pm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schwabl's is ~6 miles from the stadium and has very good beef on weck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Schwabl's is ~6 miles from the stadium and has very good beef on weck.

Do you think it would be a nightmare to get into after the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Bills Blog said:

Do you think it would be a nightmare to get into after the game?

I went after a game last year for my fist experience. It got busy, but went pretty well overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bar Bill in East Aurora hands down best wings and good beef on weck as well, its not too far from the stadium just have to go east on Big Tree Rd/20A  about 9 miles but it is a smaller place and you could wait a while to get a table. Worth the drive though

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bar Bill in East Aurora hands down best wings and good beef on weck as well, its not too far from the stadium just have to go east on Big Tree Rd/20A  about 9 miles but it is a smaller place and you could wait a while to get a table. Worth the drive though

This..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Schwabl's is ~6 miles from the stadium and has very good beef on weck.

 

Went there straight from the airport when I goi in yesterday. As good as I remembered! It’s not that big, so I don’t know what it looks like on a game day. Also not too far from the airport if you’re  flying. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bar Bill in East Aurora hands down best wings and good beef on weck as well, its not too far from the stadium just have to go east on Big Tree Rd/20A  about 9 miles but it is a smaller place and you could wait a while to get a table. Worth the drive though

 

Last time I went,  thought both the wings and beef were phenomenal.  Could be a wait to get in though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Mighty Taco and Blasdell Pizza.  Schwabls is awesome, but this is other cheap options.  Unique to Buffalo.  

MIGHTY TACO? He said that he will be driving back to Maryland after the game. A meal at Mighty Taco will result in having to stop at every Sheetz in PA to use the facilities, because he and his friends will be suffering from "the sheetz".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

MIGHTY TACO? He said that he will be driving back to Maryland after the game. A meal at Mighty Taco will result in having to stop at every Sheetz in PA to use the facilities, because he and his friends will be suffering from "the sheetz".

He didn't specify driving or flying. They could take out a whole plane full of people locked in that flying tube of contained air! That should be on the FAA list of banned materials....but how do you test for it?  

 

I might hit there tomorrow....

 

What is wrong with me? I thought maybe stopping at the Mighty Taco on the way to Duffs tomorrow might be a good idea to check all my boxes, but I might not live till kickoff if I keep this up. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want walking distance from the stadium so you can hang out while traffic dies down, there’s several places. Danny’s would be my recommendation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Schwabl's is ~6 miles from the stadium and has very good beef on weck.

Beat me to it.... for beef on weck this is the best spot. No wings. But there's a Duff's a few miles from the stadium for that too.

 

Bar Bill is overrated and if heading to the airport, out of your way. 911 and Doc Sullivans in South Buffalo have great wings, 911 is a probably too long of a wait, notoriously slow. 

Edited by zonabb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I went after a game last year for my fist experience. It got busy, but went pretty well overall.

 

Very brave of you to post this on a sports message board.  Doesn't exactly make me want to eat there, though...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Quick question. I have two season tickets this year and will be coming to Buffalo and back down to Maryland same-day each week. I'm pretty much bringing a new person with me to each game, and most of them have never been to Buffalo. Is there anywhere decent we can go after the game for traditional Buffalo fare (you know, wings and weck) without TOO much of a delay? Appreciate any insight.

Stop and eat at the Tbd tailgate party.   Park with us 

we cook after the game 

Edited by mead107
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

 

Very brave of you to post this on a sports message board.  Doesn't exactly make me want to eat there, though...

Hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI....Bar Bill just accepts cash.

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds like a crazy undertaking. That's leaving at like 5 to be safe every Sunday and getting home at 1? Am I wrong?

 

Hope you enjoy it, but wow that sounds like some long days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×