How Safe Are Coach McDermott and GM Beane?

BuffaloRush

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Where there is smoke there is fire. The wheels are minus the lug nuts and the car is picking up speed, can't tell me the Pegulas are ok with all that has happened. I would not be surprised if the Pegulas have talked with current and former players who have been shipped out by McBean as to what is going on. 

Those saying there is “zero” chance McDermitt gets fired are kidding themselves.  If this team gets blown out week after week, which seems possible, and it becomes apparent that he has lost the team, then he most certainly can get fired.  Anyone who is unconcerned with what we are seeing needs to wake up.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Seems nuts, but as we know many sportswriters chose the Bills as most likely to regress. But the team has done more than regress; they’ve gone from playoff team to tire fire. This is a new era of the NFL, with billionaire owners that want fast results. They don’t care about eating hefty coaches contracts. I know it goes against what T- Pegs has stated in recent times, but this has gotten embarrassing. If the Bills don’t show marked improvement by years end, nothing is off the table. 

I know right.

How do you think that conversation went last year

McBeane.... Terry and Kim were going to be average this year(2017) but were going to get rid of all the young talent, replace it with old do nothings, have a huge dead money cap hit and go 0-16 and get blown out every week and not be a decent functioning team until 2020 at earliest, but we will have a lot of cap space.

Pegulas.... sounds great, i'm all in!

I don't think so, there is no way in hell the Pegulas signed up for that. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I know right.

How do you think that conversation went last year

McBeane.... Terry and Kim were going to be average this year(2017) but were going to get rid of all the young talent, replace it with old do nothings, have a huge dead money cap hit and go 0-16 and get blown out every week and not be a decent functioning team until 2020 at earliest, but we will have a lot of cap space.

Pegulas.... sounds great, i'm all in!

I don't think so, there is no way in hell the Pegulas signed up for that. 

You are correct in my judgment.  I would be shocked if the Pegulas were told anything like that or signed up for anything like that (or the way the season has gone thus far).

I will be surprised if McCoach gets fired this year, but all bets are off if we continue to get blown out and/or the franchise is embarrassed.

Edited by Peter

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

You are correct in my judgment.  I would be shocked if the Pegulas were told anything like that or signed up for anything like that (or the way the season has gone thus far).

I will be surprised if McCoach gets fired this year, but all bets are off if we continue to get blown out and/or the franchise is embarrassed.

Yeah, I doubt they would get fired this year unless the Pegulas felt they weren't as transparent as they had said. IDK if Terry or Kim feels as though they have been duped then all bets are off. Again I can't be convinced that Pegulas signed up for this disaster so what was really said by McBean last year is the question.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/14/2018 at 12:22 PM, BuffaloRush said:

IMO, the Bills can go 0-16 and there’s no way Coach is getting axed.  There are a plethora of reasons.  The first is practicality.  In his first year McDermott led the Bills to the playoffs. Period.  That was unthinkable a few years ago, and breaking that streak was huge for both Coach and this franchise.  

0% for these exact reasons. It's also Week 3. Let's give it a season and call it as we see it once we have some semblance of an OL, some WRs, DB help, and more of an effective DL...

Edited by ctk232