2018 Bills free agents not good

5 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Who would we have cut to sign him? That’s what makes your plan impossible. We were spent to the cap with roster no room for the contract without cutting someone. 

How is that possible. When you Signed McCarron later. Traded for a 3.5M cap hit in Coleman and still have 8M in space. Not to mention the 2plusM paid to Bodine and the 5M paid to retired Davis 

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Sure. That's why all these rookie QBs are starting around the league. Means nothing!!! lol Stupid coaches.

Ok. So if Carr was destroyed with his 4.9 sacks a game. Why wasnt Goff in his 4.0 sacks a game. 

Or Kelly he is in the HOF absolutely getting destoyed in USFL and NFL early. 

Let me tell you why you are either good or your not. And Carr wasnt good.

is Allen Destroyed from Wyoming getting hit??

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

How is that possible. When you Signed McCarron later. Traded for a 3.5M cap hit in Coleman and still have 8M in space. Not to mention the 2plusM paid to Bodine and the 5M paid to retired Davis 

It sounds like they are going to get some of that money to Davis back, so there's that. Maybe the Pegulas will throw a monster party with it!

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok. So if Carr was destroyed with his 4.9 sacks a game. Why wasnt Goff in his 4.0 sacks a game. 

Or Kelly he is in the HOF absolutely getting destoyed in USFL and NFL early. 

Let me tell you why you are either good or your not. And Carr wasnt good.

is Allen Destroyed from Wyoming getting hit??

Goff didn't start as a rookie. Kelly didn't start as a rookie in the NFL. Nice try.

OTOH, look at Mahomes. I know, Andy Reid doesn't know beans...

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Because the money for those moves came from trading and not resigning other players. 

4 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Who would we have cut to sign him? That’s what makes your plan impossible. We were spent to the cap with roster no room for the contract without cutting someone. 

We spent more than $50MM on Star; another $15MM on Trent. Don't sign Trent, and don't sign Bodine, and you had the money for Pouncey. Why is this so hard to understand?

The cap space was there to sign Mike Pouncey this offseason. We just didn't. We signed two more defensive linemen instead - this was despite the fact that the offensive line lost three really good starters. 

4 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Because the money for those moves came from trading and not resigning other players. 

So they could have signed Pouncy. Thanks 

instead of Davis, Bodine and Newhouse they could have easily had Pouncy. 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Last year, the Rams signed an All Pro left tackle in Whitfield. So there's that.

Also, Goff didn't start until week 10 and the Rams were a 4-5 team at that point, not a virtual expansion team like the Bills are right now.

2 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

You said keep the players who we cut and traded and Sign Pouncey. I said that plan would have been impossible. 

No what was said is there was more than enough money in the Offseason to Sign Pouncy and address the Line with an actual GOOD player. This regime didnt 

Ive wondered this......was there really any savings with the trading Dareus and eating his signing bonus and signing Star?    Seems like when I go to the over cap site the Jags are only paying Dareus about 10 million----about the same we are paying Star.   I mean if all about the same think there's any personnel person in the NFL who would rather have Star over Dareus?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

perhaps you don't create the holes to begin with? Perhaps you retain some draft choices so you can bring in offensive lineman? Perhaps you don't allocate to one defensive tackle? Perhaps if you had even a little bit of money, you put it to work where the biggest holes occurred last offseason, and sign an All-Pro center instead of Russ Bodine?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No what was said is there was more than enough money in the Offseason to Sign Pouncy and address the Line with an actual GOOD player. This regime didnt 

That’s not what was said, to paraphrase the above retain and sign.  

Pouncey wanted to play for a contender anyway, I’m assuming that took Buffalo off the table for him.

4 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Ive wondered this......was there really any savings with the trading Dareus and eating his signing bonus and signing Star?    Seems like when I go to the over cap site the Jags are only paying Dareus about 10 million----about the same we are paying Star.   I mean if all about the same think there's any personnel person in the NFL who would rather have Star over Dareus?

Saved 2 million. We rolled over 6 from last year, save 2 this year and Star costs 6.

20 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Mike Pouncey, three time Pro Bowl center, signed a two year, $15MM contract with the Chargers.

Not signing him was a decision; it was valuing improvement in the defensive line over improving our offensive line. Sorry, but you are wrong. It was entirely possible. We settled for a center that has NEVER been any good. 

Who said Pouncey wanted to sign with us?  A team that lost 3 veteran offensive lineman this offseason and he would be protecting a rookie QB.  This isn't madden.  The player has to want to come here.  If I were him, I'd have chosen the Chargers if Buffalo and the Chargers offered a contract.  LA vs. Buffalo... A team looking to go to the playoffs versus a team clearly in rebuilding mode. I don't think we would have ever been an option.

23 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Mike Pouncey, three time Pro Bowl center, signed a two year, $15MM contract with the Chargers.

Not signing him was a decision; it was valuing improvement in the defensive line over improving our offensive line. Sorry, but you are wrong. It was entirely possible. We settled for a center that has NEVER been any good. 

21 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Thats what I quoted and if you could follow along it would be much easier. 

3 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

perhaps you don't create the holes to begin with? Perhaps you retain some draft choices so you can bring in offensive lineman? Perhaps you don't allocate to one defensive tackle? Perhaps if you had even a little bit of money, you put it to work where the biggest holes occurred last offseason, and sign an All-Pro center instead of Russ Bodine?

Pouncey wanted to play for a contender anyway, I’m assuming that took Buffalo off the table for him.

OOOOO SO NOW that it was showed they could have signed a better player you move the goalposts. TYPICAL

8 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Saved 2 million. We rolled over 6 from last year, save 2 this year and Star costs 6.

Yeah but Star is over 11 million next year, 10 million in 20 and still has 5 million in dead money in 21 if we cut him.   I just dont see a lot of savings there long term, especially for a guy with 0 tackles.

Edited by billsfan714

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Thats what I quoted and if you could follow along it would be much easier. 

OOOOO SO NOW that it was showed they could have signed a better player you move the goalposts. TYPICAL

Not moving the goal post, sticking to the original quote. About signing an pro bowl center. It was posted before you commented. Sorry you are having a hard time following.