2018 Bills free agents not good

2018 free agent class is  absolutely horrible.

Star- played on skates Sunday.

Gaines- worse defensive player on field ( other than star)

Murphy- few snaps

McCarron- on other team

Davis- inactive

Bodine-back up

Newhouse- backup

Ivory- overpaid backup

No faith in us having 80 million in cap space, just more ways to screw it up.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, remembersthegoodtime said:

Murphy- few snaps

McCarron- on other team

Davis- inactive

Bodine-back up

Newhouse- backup

Ivory- overpaid backup

Yes because those free agents cost sooooooo much

With the exception of Star the rest of those guys are peanuts players.....and have 80 million (which could be more like 100 million if certain high priced aging vets are let go) would allow us to compete for the bigger fish.

Not that it really matters....because teams are biult through the draft with free agents sprinkled in.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

With the exception of Star the rest of those guys are peanuts players.....and have 80 million (which could be more like 100 million if certain high priced aging vets are let go) would allow us to compete for the bigger fish.

Not that it really matters....because teams are biult through the draft with free agents sprinkled in.

Any idea who the higher priced guys are that they can let go to get an even higher cap number in 2019?

I am just asking because wouldn't releasing some of these guys be a cap hit in themselves?

Newhouse and Ivory were signed to be backups. Bodine was signed as a backup with a chance to start.

Star didn't play bad. Did you see Milano and Edmunds flying all over making plays? They don't do that if Star isn't doing his job.

Murphy was on a snap count coming off injury...ya know ease him back a bit so he doesn't get hurt again. AJ is gone...but we do have something to show for it in a 5th rounder. Excellent throw in pick to trade up a few spots and grab a player we covet.

The CBs, well I wasn't a fan of either signing. Can't win em all. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, remembersthegoodtime said:

Murphy- few snaps

McCarron- on other team

Davis- inactive

Bodine-back up

Newhouse- backup

Ivory- overpaid backup

I guess I missed when the NFL switched to a one game schedule....any no one cares about how much faith you have.

31 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Star played very well on Sunday. I do not understand the narrative on him. He was constantly doubled and still got a great push. Did you watch him every play? I went back and did and you are incorrect.

Agreed...It is the guys who couldn't set up the edge and rush the passer and our LBs couldn't cover!  Star was not a problem last Sunday

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Id like some of those 7 million a year peanuts Murphy makes 

Edited by CaptnCoke11

Perhaps this board needs a restriction on creating new threads if your account is less than X months old or something. 

And yeah, after rewatching some of the game I'm in the "Star played well" camp also. I think it's too late for that though, he's already been labeled the whipping boy.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, QCity said:

Perhaps this board needs a restriction on creating new threads if your account is less than X months old or something. 

And yeah, after rewatching some of the game I'm in the "Star played well" camp also. I think it's too late for that though, he's already been labeled the whipping boy.

You are spot on there, I would love to see some limits on letting some of these fools start new threads constantly that are designed specifically for attention and trying to start drama. I get it’s a message board but some of those guys are trash. 

Maybe every new thread should be passed to a mod to approve before it goes live. 

• Like (+1) 1