Reasons to sign Tebow

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm not sure what you are posting this for?

He was 7-4 as a starter in the regular season, then 1-1 in the playoffs, including beating the 12-4 steelers, whom he threw for 316 yards, rushed for 50, and was responsible for 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing) against the #1 defense in the league.

He threw for about 150 yards per game, rushed for about 50 yards per game.

12 passing TDs 6 rushing TDs.

He also had 5 comebacks in the 4th quarter and 6 game winning drives overall that year.

Again, I'm not saying he got a raw deal from denver (they signed peyton f*cking manning).

I'm also not saying he got a raw deal in the NFL afterwards.

I'm pointing out that he meaningfully contributed to many of their wins that year.

That's literally all I'm saying.

He obviously couldn't swing it afterwards as an NFL QB, so yeah, that's because he wasn't really that good at the other teams he went to, career over, RIP TIM.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

He was 7-4 as a starter in the regular season, then 1-1 in the playoffs, including beating the 12-4 steelers, whom he threw for 316 yards, rushed for 50, and was responsible for 3 TDs (2 passing, 1 rushing) against the #1 defense in the league.

He threw for about 150 yards per game, rushed for about 50 yards per game.

12 passing TDs 6 rushing TDs.

He also had 5 comebacks in the 4th quarter and 6 game winning drives overall that year.

Again, I'm not saying he got a raw deal from denver (they signed peyton f*cking manning).

I'm also not saying he got a raw deal in the NFL afterwards.

I'm pointing out that he meaningfully contributed to many of their wins that year.

That's literally all I'm saying.

He obviously couldn't swing it afterwards as an NFL QB, so yeah, that's because he wasn't really that good at the other teams he went to, career over, RIP TIM.

He sucked for most of those games and yes sometimes he would make a play late to help them win after stinking it up all game long.  In the playoff game he made a few nice plays, but 10-21 is not what I'd call impressive.  He's right where he should be.  Out of the league. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He sucked for most of those games and yes sometimes he would make a play late to help them win after stinking it up all game long.  In the playoff game he made a few nice plays, but 10-21 is not what I'd call impressive.  He's right where he should be.  Out of the league. 

At least we agree on that.

I'm just saying that he did some nice things that year, and was a big part of their wins, but I think it was more a "lightning in a bottle" thing than anything.

I'll say that most of his "nice plays" with denver were due to this receivers getting wide open deep a lot.

Stacked oline, mcgahee at running back (1200 yards)

Eric Decker, Demariyus Thomas, Brandon Lloyd were dusting people all year.

He pretty much just heaved it up, I remember a stat about him saying that he had the highest comp % on deep balls that year.

Know who else had a nice deep ball, ran well, but couldn't make the "tough throws" short/across the middle when needed?

I'll give you one guess, he played for the bills recently.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

At least we agree on that.

I'm just saying that he did some nice things that year, and was a big part of their wins, but I think it was more a "lightning in a bottle" thing than anything.

I'll say that most of his "nice plays" with denver were due to this receivers getting wide open deep a lot.

Stacked oline, mcgahee at running back (1200 yards)

Eric Decker, Demariyus Thomas, Brandon Lloyd were dusting people all year.

He pretty much just heaved it up, I remember a stat about him saying that he had the highest comp % on deep balls that year.

Know who else had a nice deep ball, ran well, but couldn't make the "tough throws" short/across the middle when needed?

I'll give you one guess, he played for the bills recently.

No idea at all who you're talking about 0:)   Back to the real that Tebow is a ludicrous idea in 2018 as you know.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No idea at all who you're talking about 0:)   Back to the real thatTebowis a ludicrous idea in 2018 as you know.

Yep.

Seriously.

I honestly can't believe this is an actual thread.

Actually, Jeff Blake is Zay Jones' uncle, maybe we should give him a buzz?

He's 47.

Probably could still beat out peterman.

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Yah.  I heard he had an awesome W-L record for the Titans.

Dang right he did! I mean, Mariota...? Who's this chump?!

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, hey, VY publically implied he's better than Fitzy, so....

"I'd see a quarterback and be like, 'Dude is garbage, and I'm over here in the kitchen cooking turkey necks!?'" Young told Sports Illustrated.

"I hate to name-drop, but [Ryan] Fitzpatrick is still playing!? He leads the league in interceptions, and he's still f------ getting paid? I mean, what the f--- is going on?"

....get 'er done, Beane!

I think we're onto something here, Hapless... Tebow... Young... put Allen on the practice squad for a couple of years to grow with the 4th stringers. 

Somebody wake up Buddy! There's some Bills Mafia brilliance brewing! Best idea since getting blasted through a flaming table!

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Because he sucks. But we at least gave him a chance.

Au contraire mon frere!!! Tebow, Young, Druckenmiller.... these are family jewels in the rough. 

#wwtd

Reasons to sign Kaep - Bills will be the talk of the entire nation. Bills jersey sales will break records. Kaep is better than Peterman. Kaepernick is also mobile. We’d get to see videos of stupid people burning Bills jerseys.  Because it would be awesome.  

11 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

As we all know, Coach McDermott is a Christian. Unlike Belicheat*, certainly unlike Rex Ryan. He just hasn't been part of an organization that didn't want him to fail.

I feel like I'm getting elaborately trolled, but I'll take the bait anyway: 

If your main point is that Tebow is better than Peterman, than basically every quarterback that has ever played in the NFL meets your criteria (and likely a lot of college QBs too).  Out of all of those, why Tebow?  If your main argument for signing Tebow is that he is a Christian (this isn't a logical reason to sign someone to QB a professional football team), then once again:  there a lot of them out there.  Why Tebow?  There are so many other quarterbacks out there that are better than Tebow, Christian and still actually play football  

59 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Cuz the QB prospect guru said so. 

Funny  the support for TT with a winning record and none for TT. 

Tuhrod first TT

Tebow second TT

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:
  • Mobile, which is an asset when the OL can't give a pocket.
  • Stays in shape playing baseball.
  • Better than Peterman
  • Would be a good mentor for Josh Allen
  • Has won more playoff games than the Bills have for the past 22 years.

Ok sure great stupid idea