Prediction: Bills will go no huddle on Sunday

MAJBobby

I

36 minutes ago, JPP said:

Dont know if this is effectively the solution but i will agree they need to do something drastically different to even have a chance against the chargers......playing ultra conservative and safe will not cut it!  Nothing to lose at this point is how i see it......

Oh there is a lot to lose. Like Allen himself. 

2 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Very re-assuring, considering how great all the other things things they practiced all summer have worked out.

No reason to worry about 31 other flavors when you can't do vanilla right. Just play a normal game and RUN THE BALL.

Wheels, this makes no sense.   Just because  guy  cant block doesn't mean he can't line up and learn the play call.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Wheels, this makes no sense.   Just because  guy  cant block doesn't mean he can't line up and learn the play call.  

because you don't see the basic logic of the post doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

when trees fall in the Forest, they do make noise when noone is around to hear it...

No Huddle only works if they are getting first downs and staying on the field. If not it has the opposite effect of wearing our defense down since they are back on the field so quickly.

Although it would be really smart if they did what McVay did with Goff last year...hurry to the line so he could see how the defense was aligned and then coach him through some quick pointers before the helmet communication was turned off. No idea why more teams don't do this with young QBs, its brilliant.

Edited by matter2003

7 hours ago, The_Dude said:

There's a HUUUUUUGE difference between McVay and McDermott. I wont look for that. I'll look for the Bills to do the opposite, because McDermott is not a forward thinking individual like McVay. 

Could you elaborate on this? At first, I just passively read it and agreed. Then, I began to disagree. Then I REALLY started to disagree, but I’m not quite 100% sure why I disagree. Just wondering what exactly brings you to this conclusion that McDermott is not forward thinking.

28 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think if they ran no huddle for an extended time, and the line is sitting there in formation as I would hope they would to eat time, it will be an issue for them penalty wise. Again my view is we'd need sit there, and roll clock, playing some ugly, time-consuming football to have any chance win. And if we do, I think they false start. You can disagree but it's not hard to follow.

You apparently assume our line is simply bad physically but NOT bad/raw mentally, and I don't see why you do. Newer unit "gel-wise", not that talented, not that strong. I'd just call the damn plays in the huddle, go out, and freakin' run block. A-B-Cs, 1-2-3s, because it's all I think they can handle. I think that deflects some of our weakness (line) and plays to our strength (LeSean).

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I think if they ran no huddle for an extended time, and the line is sitting there in formation as I would hope they would to eat time, it will be an issue for them penalty wise. Again my view is we'd need sit there, and roll clock, playing some ugly, time-consuming football to have any chance win. And if we do, I think they false start. You can disagree but it's not hard to follow.

You apparently assume our line is simply bad physically but NOT bad/raw mentally, and I don't see why you do. Newer unit "gel-wise", not that talented, not that strong. I'd just call the damn plays in the huddle, go out, and freakin' run block. A-B-Cs, 1-2-3s, because it's all I think they can handle. I think that deflects some of our weakness (line) and plays to our strength (LeSean).

I don't agree but you may be right. 

On September 13, 2018 at 10:23 AM, MAJBobby said:

Here me out this is why. 

1.  It gives Josh a little help reading defense presnap with the OC in his ear to help (think they shut it off with 10 seconds to go right). 

2.  Will slow down passrush. The No huddle always does that because it is harder for rotation. 

3.  To clarify I am not talking throw it all over the yard but more of a Huddle at the line like College does (that is where the game is going IMO). 

Finally the first play from him I would love to see is 4 wide. Under center. Play action to Shady (they will likey be thinking run to protect the rookie), all WRs run gos. Hits the top of his drop and lets it fly. (Ala the Carolina game). 

I like!! I'd go deep on my first 2 plays. Let teams know that if they keep that safety in the box, you're liable to get burned.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:23 AM, MAJBobby said:

Here me out this is why. 

1.  It gives Josh a little help reading defense presnap with the OC in his ear to help (think they shut it off with 10 seconds to go right). 

2.  Will slow down passrush. The No huddle always does that because it is harder for rotation. 

3.  To clarify I am not talking throw it all over the yard but more of a Huddle at the line like College does (that is where the game is going IMO). 

Finally the first play from him I would love to see is 4 wide. Under center. Play action to Shady (they will likey be thinking run to protect the rookie), all WRs run gos. Hits the top of his drop and lets it fly. (Ala the Carolina game). 

Would love to see that kind of stick it to you aggressiveness and am a big believer in how it presents opportunities to dictate pace to the defense and puts them on their heels when run competently, but somehow I doubt a conservative McD will let that happen this early? Kelly’s Bills didn’t even start running the no-huddle as their primary system until sometime during the 1990 season (against Randall Cunningham & the Eagles) so 4 seasons in 

18 hours ago, iinii said:

I have to agree. DCs are going to stop the run first and force Allen to beat them with his arm. The next two weeks are going to be a tall order, the Chargers and Vikings play very well on defense. Throwing a rookie into that environment especially on the road next week is a very risky proposition.

Expecting Allen to carry an offense at this stage with inferior surrounding cast is asking for trouble. Short drives, three and outs and/or turnovers is going to make for long afternoons. Sending McCarron to Oakland was a huge mistake. Read the SI article on Mahomes and how a year watching is paying dividends. 

Swimming in a pool infested with sharks doesn’t necessarily mean you will become a great swimmer. If Allen gets eaten alive physically and/or emotionally then the franchise is set back two more years and the Williams’ era will almost look appealing. 

Trading McCarron was a HUGE mistake imo.  So we have proven now Peterman isn't ready and may never be.  Now even if they didn't want to, if they want any pretense of winning, they have to start their future behind a dismal line with dismal receivers.  Allen has a good shot at getting hurt behind that line, imagine the entire season with Peterman at the helm.  And what if Peterman gets hurt, he got hurt last year with highly limited play behind a better o line.

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Trading McCarron was a HUGE mistake imo.  So we have proven now Peterman isn't ready and may never be.  Now even if they didn't want to, if they want any pretense of winning, they have to start their future behind a dismal line with dismal receivers.  Allen has a good shot at getting hurt behind that line, imagine the entire season with Peterman at the helm.  And what if Peterman gets hurt, he got hurt last year with highly limited play behind a better o line.

McCarron wouldn't have gotten the Bills the win and likely wouldn't win too many games if he were starting.  Better to just get the Josh Allen era started.

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If the goal this year is to really win games what happens if Allen gets hurt or proves he is no better than Peterman...0-16.

I didn't see much from McCarron in pre-season to give me any indication that he would be any better than Peterman.  I also think the outcome of the Ravens game is still the same and they still turn to Allen. 

18 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's no huddle, not hurry up. You just call the plays at the line I stead of the huddle.  The only rushing is that people have to get to the line promptly. 

They've practiced doung it all summer.  It isn't a big deal.  

I understand it is not hurry up but by your own admission, rushing people to get to the line promptly. This is the team that there starting #1 WR didnt know where to properly line up, a dysfunctional O Line that hasnt gelled, a questionable starting C.  For there to be an advantage, for the OC to get a good visual and then relay it to Allen, you probably have to get to the line with 25 seconds on the clock, that is asking waay too much.  Also DCs arent stupid, if the bills sit at the line with the headseats still active, DCs  will show multiple pre-snap alignments.  As Golden Wheels or someone else pointed out this is asking way too much of an ineffective O Line, we will have so many false starts it wont be fumy.

Our rookie QB has enough to worry about, trying to rush things is the last thing I would do.  

Just now, Doc said:

I didn't see much from McCarron in pre-season to give me any indication that he would be any better than Peterman.  I also think the outcome of the Ravens game is still the same and they still turn to Allen. 

MCarron has some real  experience and actually played somewhat competently in an NFL playoff game, Allen and PEterman have shown next to nothing and with this O line if both get hurt, which is a real possibility, then we turn to Logan Thomas, good luck with that.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

MCarron has some real  experience and actually played somewhat competently in an NFL playoff game, Allen and PEterman have shown next to nothing and with this O line if both get hurt, which is a real possibility, then we turn to Logan Thomas, good luck with that.

Do you think McCarron is good enough to get the Bills to the playoffs this year?

14 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I think seeing the lineman physically man handled over and over again is the indicator that they are not physically strong. That is a given.  Maybe they are not idiots though.  What makes you think playing "vanilla" would allow a bunch of idiots to gel better than no-huddle? 

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I wrote if the goal is to win games, not even considering the playoffs this year.

For me this season is about seeing what Allen can do.  Hopefully that involves winning games.  McCarron and Peterman are and never were the future.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

For me this season is about seeing what Allen can do.  Hopefully that involves winning games.  McCarron and Peterman are and never were the future.

Very reasonable. For me this season is about bringing Allen up when he is ready, unfortunately that game plan it out the window, i would be happy if he progresses through the year and doesn't get hurt, if we go 3-13 i dont care esp if we get pick #1.

• Like (+1) 1