Prediction: Bills will go no huddle on Sunday

MAJBobby

35 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Ah, so I was correct about the Kay Stephenson part.  I do recall it being about the QB seeing the helmets, but didn't recall which QB.  I always hated the red helmets, glad they wen back to white.

Edited by PeterDude

Prediction, no it wont.

You DONT do a no huddle with your first time starting rookie QB and your O Line which has had multiple micues and miscommunications.  

Allens head will be spinning, you get him in the huddle so they can properly call the plays and everyone is one the same page.   This offense is not a "well oiled" machine which is necessary for the no huddle.  You dont want to rush the QB, for the OC to tell him what to look for they are going to have to rush to the line in time for the OC to get a look and the headseat is shut off with 15 seconds to go.

So if you are going to rush it every time, the just means the defense will have that much less time to rest between playing, a real real bad idea.  Last weekend the D was gassed by the end of Q1, LAST thing you want to do is speed the game up.

I cant think of a worse idea then to force an inexperienced QB into a no huddle situation.  He has enough to worry about.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Prediction, no it wont.

You DONT do a no huddle with your first time starting rookie QB and your O Line which has had multiple micues and miscommunications.  

Allens head will be spinning, you get him in the huddle so they can properly call the plays and everyone is one the same page.   This offense is not a "well oiled" machine which is necessary for the no huddle.  You dont want to rush the QB, for the OC to tell him what to look for they are going to have to rush to the line in time for the OC to get a look and the headseat is shut off with 15 seconds to go.

I cant think of a worse idea then to force an inexperienced QB into a no huddle situation.  He has enough to worry about.

I guess it would depend on what they give him.

I remember Jim Kelly stating they only ran about 7 different plays when they went no huddle.  Kept it very simple when they were hurrying.  Does that apply now, I'm not sure.

Someone must have said this by now, but if we go no huddle and don't hold onto the ball, you are putting a tremendous amount of pressure on the D, and that is pressure they don't need and probably can't handle.

They'll be burned out by halftime.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a good idea, but I'm not sure Daboll and McDermott have this much savvy.

Also, Josh Allen said something in one of this week's interviews about some of their play calls being quite lengthy (it's supposed to be an advantage of P-E to have short calls) so not sure it would be helpful if it hinders communication of the play

Yes, lest take our rookie QB and give him the extra challenge of a no huddle. At least let him calm down in the huddle and get the plays on correctly so everyone is on the same page.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I guess it would depend on what they give him.

I remember Jim Kelly stating they only ran about 7 different plays when they went no huddle.  Kept it very simple when they were hurrying.  Does that apply now, I'm not sure.

They had a very few number of plays out of multiple formations BUT they had two things this team doesn't, 1) superior athletes/players 2) experienced players that ran those plays flawlessly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

As an aside, and as has been discussed in the past regarding Patriots' cheating allegations...

Who monitors the electronic equipment used by these teams? I'm going to suggest no one.

Who verifies before and after games that the equipment is functioning as it is supposed to has not been tampered with?

I'm going to suggest no one.

If those 2 premises are correct, why in the world aren't we manipulating the headsets so that we can talk to the QB nonstop, whenever we want to?

Further, why isn't every team in the NFL?

I'm sure the smart organizations are.

Why do you think any of your premises are correct?

The NFL has officials who regulate and monitor radio frequencies at games. https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/gameday-behind-the-scenes/nfl-gameday-frequency-coordinators/

1 hour ago, PeterDude said:

Hmm, I thought Kay Stephenson was the coach who changed the color and Ferguson was already gone.

They changed from white to red in 1984.

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

And it only took 12 years to make the change for Ferguson...

49 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Prediction, no it wont.

So if you are going to rush it every time, the just means the defense will have that much less time to rest between playing, a real real bad idea.  Last weekend the D was gassed by the end of Q1, LAST thing you want to do is speed the game up.

Said perfectly.  Terrible idea. The only goal in this game is to keep Josh out of the hospital. For every sack given up, the Olineman runs 20 laps. 

Bills showed no huddle on their first possession last week but stopped. The issue with no huddle is if you can't move the chains then you could find being down a lot of points early. Which would take Shady McCoy out of the game again. And it will tire out your defense from being on the field more. You have to be able to show you can move the chains before you think of going to a no huddle or it could lead to another beat down. 

Why are we assuming that our QB, at this stage of development, is actually able to run a no huddle at the NFL level?....It has the potential to be a disaster of epic proportion...I'm not saying Josh Allen will never be able to do it...I'm just saying that assuming he can do it this coming Sunday is assuming quite a lot....

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

As an aside, and as has been discussed in the past regarding Patriots' cheating allegations...

Who monitors the electronic equipment used by these teams? I'm going to suggest no one.

Who verifies before and after games that the equipment is functioning as it is supposed to has not been tampered with?

I'm going to suggest no one.

If those 2 premises are correct, why in the world aren't we manipulating the headsets so that we can talk to the QB nonstop, whenever we want to?

Further, why isn't every team in the NFL?

I'm sure the smart organizations are.

Great post and great points! In the book SPYGATE, about the Patriots, it was alleged that the OC and staff were indeed talking to Brady nonstop during plays. Wonder if that's why he is so efficient at his age?

5 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Why are we assuming that our QB, at this stage of development, is actually able to run a no huddle at the NFL level?....It has the potential to be a disaster of epic proportion...I'm not saying Josh Allen will never be able to do it...I'm just saying that assuming he can do it this coming Sunday is assuming quite a lot....

Yes someone with some common sense.