Prediction: Bills will go no huddle on Sunday

MAJBobby

9 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I hope you’re right Shaw. Watching the Rams operate on offense is a sight to see.

I hope Daboll is forward thinking enough to attempt this.

And definitely not like the Trent Edwards “no huddle” debacle of years past.

No huddle doesn't help a below average Oline perform better and the TE debacle is a great example IMO.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The “A Gun”

Edit: Wasn’t it revealed that the K-Gun was actually named after Keith McKeller...not Kelly?

You are correct.  Most think it was because the FO got upset with Kelly for forcing them to change the helmet color to red.  

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a good idea, but I'm not sure Daboll and McDermott have this much savvy.

Also, Josh Allen said something in one of this week's interviews about some of their play calls being quite lengthy (it's supposed to be an advantage of P-E to have short calls) so not sure it would be helpful if it hinders communication of the play

after reading the OP, this was my first thought.

Bills tried this EJ Manuel's first year.  The outcome was terrible, no first downs.  Then, the D was gassed by the middle of the second quarter, no time to recover.  the O needs to eat up some time w first downs so the D doesn't have to face 80 plays, like last Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Sean McVeigh figured this out with Goff.  The radio to the QB cuts off with 15 seconds left on the play clock.  So what McVeigh did was get the Rams up to the line of scrimmage with more than 20 seconds on the clock.  That does two things

First, it cuts of substitutions by the defense.

Second, it gives the OC time to look at the basic defensive alignment and tell the qb what to look for, maybe to change the play.  It helps a young qb who may not be seeing everything yet.  Essentially, it allows a coach on the field.  

Look for it Sunday.  

There's a HUUUUUUGE difference between McVay and McDermott. I wont look for that. I'll look for the Bills to do the opposite, because McDermott is not a forward thinking individual like McVay. 

31 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The “A Gun”

Edit: Wasn’t it revealed that the K-Gun was actually named after Keith McKeller...not Kelly?

True

7 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Hmm, I thought Kay Stephenson was the coach who changed the color and Ferguson was already gone.

Nope, it was due to Fergy:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/23/the-story-behind-the-bills-red-helmets/

58 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Sean McVeigh figured this out with Goff.  The radio to the QB cuts off with 15 seconds left on the play clock.  So what McVeigh did was get the Rams up to the line of scrimmage with more than 20 seconds on the clock.  That does two things

First, it cuts of substitutions by the defense.

Second, it gives the OC time to look at the basic defensive alignment and tell the qb what to look for, maybe to change the play.  It helps a young qb who may not be seeing everything yet.  Essentially, it allows a coach on the field.  

Look for it Sunday.  

I hope you’re right.  

36 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The “A Gun”

Thank you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurry-up_offense

The "K-Gun" offense is commonly thought to be named after quarterback Jim Kelly, but was actually named for the Bills tight end, Keith McKeller. McKeller was an exceptionally fast TE, and due to coaches and teammates saying "he has killer speed," his nickname on the Bills was "Killer." That was the source of the "K" in "K-Gun." [9]