Prediction: Bills will go no huddle on Sunday

MAJBobby

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If we punt as soon as we receive the ball we probably won't need to huddle

you can't keep sending the D back on the field in 4 minutes real time after no-huddle 3 and outs

one year during this dismal dismal 20 years they seemed to do this 6 times a game to the D

9 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I dont mind going to this after we get a first down. Could allow for a better rhythm and keep things simpler for JA

you mean about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter?

i can just imagine the standing O and roar of the Bills fans at the first first down on Sunday  :D

• Haha (+1) 2

My hot take on why few teams run no-huddle as a game-long strategy?

The teams don't have enough players with the requisite football IQ to do it.  

Hell, we can't even get the players on the team to execute the plays they've been studying for months.  

Edited by dpberr

9 minutes ago, dpberr said:

My hot take on why few teams run no-huddle as a game-long strategy?

The teams don't have enough players with the requisite football IQ to do it.  

Hell, we can't even get the players on the team to execute the plays they've been studying for months.  

elite QBs for 20 years get to the line with 20 seconds on the shotclock and completely read the D and call out audibles or the best choice of 3 plays they have set up for the situation

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Here me out this is why. 

1.  It gives Josh a little help reading defense presnap with the OC in his ear to help (think they shut it off with 10 seconds to go right). 

2.  Will slow down passrush. The No huddle always does that because it is harder for rotation. 

3.  To clarify I am not talking throw it all over the yard but more of a Huddle at the line like College does (that is where the game is going IMO). 

Finally the first play from him I would love to see is 4 wide. Under center. Play action to Shady (they will likey be thinking run to protect the rookie), all WRs run gos. Hits the top of his drop and lets it fly. (Ala the Carolina game). 

I fully expect him to throw a bomb on the first play, whether it's completed or not, just to put the defense on notice.

Yeah, let’s complete the EJ development of Josh Allen!

its funny, I didn’t want Allen but I thought at least the Bills aren’t going to be stupid and rush him on the field.  He will get to learn from a vet and work on getting more consistent habits in practice.  Yet, here we are again.

• Thank you (+1) 1