Prediction: Bills will go no huddle on Sunday

MAJBobby

Here me out this is why. 

1.  It gives Josh a little help reading defense presnap with the OC in his ear to help (think they shut it off with 10 seconds to go right). 

2.  Will slow down passrush. The No huddle always does that because it is harder for rotation. 

3.  To clarify I am not talking throw it all over the yard but more of a Huddle at the line like College does (that is where the game is going IMO). 

Finally the first play from him I would love to see is 4 wide. Under center. Play action to Shady (they will likey be thinking run to protect the rookie), all WRs run gos. Hits the top of his drop and lets it fly. (Ala the Carolina game). 

• Like (+1) 2

It's not a bad plan, but that is also very much a double-edged sword. If Allen and the Offense fail to get in rhythm the Defense is on the field a lot! So, in theory, it sounds all well and good, but WRs drop a ball, Shady gets stuffed at the line and 3rd a long is a real possibility all in under a minute and a half and the D pins their ears back and sends the house. Now, you're hoping a WR steps it up and gets separation, the receiver selection to pass to is the right read, the receiver makes the catch and it all occurs without penalty and past the sticks. Should it happen in the NFL? Of course! But given this Offense's difficulty in moving the ball, it seems a bit more methodical would be the way to go to start the game.

Now, through the 1st Quarter and they've had either real success or even some limited success moving the ball and Allen feels more comfortable and the Defense isn't worn down, then maybe you go No Huddle for the 2nd Quarter so that at least the Defense gets a break at the half. If it's no go, maybe you slow it down again, if it's working, then you go back to it. Basically, starting out that way doesn't necessarily help him, it only makes him feel more rushed (maybe?) - so it's a gamble and not one I would want to see right out of the gate. But, who knows? 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The positives of the no-huddle in a rookies first game are far outweighed by the negatives. I could handle some no-huddle mixed in, but it needs to be limited for the first half of the season. No reason to speed up a game that is already sped up so much for Allen 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here me out this is why. 

1.  It gives Josh a little help reading defense presnap with the OC in his ear to help (think they shut it off with 10 seconds to go right). 

2.  Will slow down passrush. The No huddle always does that because it is harder for rotation. 

3.  To clarify I am not talking throw it all over the yard but more of a Huddle at the line like College does (that is where the game is going IMO). 

Finally the first play from him I would love to see is 4 wide. Under center. Play action to Shady (they will likey be thinking run to protect the rookie), all WRs run gos. Hits the top of his drop and lets it fly. (Ala the Carolina game). 

I'd like it mixed in.  Like call a play on 1st and get to the line for 2nd.  

The key they need to help him most, is that they need to get to the line quick so they can use motion to diagnose coverage, and the center can make their line calls.  They struggled with that in cincy, and it results in penalties and just generally missed blocks.

25 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

It's not a bad plan, but that is also very much a double-edged sword. If Allen and the Offense fail to get in rhythm the Defense is on the field a lot! So, in theory, it sounds all well and good, but WRs drop a ball, Shady gets stuffed at the line and 3rd a long is a real possibility all in under a minute and a half and the D pins their ears back and sends the house. Now, you're hoping a WR steps it up and gets separation, the receiver selection to pass to is the right read, the receiver makes the catch and it all occurs without penalty and past the sticks. Should it happen in the NFL? Of course! But given this Offense's difficulty in moving the ball, it seems a bit more methodical would be the way to go to start the game.

Now, through the 1st Quarter and they've had either real success or even some limited success moving the ball and Allen feels more comfortable and the Defense isn't worn down, then maybe you go No Huddle for the 2nd Quarter so that at least the Defense gets a break at the half. If it's no go, maybe you slow it down again, if it's working, then you go back to it. Basically, starting out that way doesn't necessarily help him, it only makes him feel more rushed (maybe?) - so it's a gamble and not one I would want to see right out of the gate. But, who knows? 

I do understand that. But not talking tempo here they play same speed as being in the huddle. Just trying to figure a way to help the rookie with an extra set of eyes

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here me out this is why. 

Steve Tasker was saying this exact thing yesterday on One Bills Live.  Give him a limited number of plays.  Keep the D on the field while not letting them do anything too exotic in terms of blitzing (at least that's what I remember).  

22 minutes ago, nucci said:

you need a strong, smart, well coached offensive line to run a no huddle......and a QB to call the plays....if the coach is still calling the plays, what's the point?

To get the coaches a look at the defense. Ala college. Lineup coach sees defende entire team looks to sideline for play. Very similar concept without the entire team looking over to sideline. 

I and not talking a no huddle like Kelly ran where he made a decision on what he was seeing but more like lining up immediately and coach relaying in a play that he sees based on d lineup

7 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I think designed roll outs would be better for Josh in his first week rather than no huddle, thats a lot to ask of him and the offense.

Josh is good on the run so get him rolling out to give him more time to throw the ball.

I would like designed rollout half field reads as well.