The OFFICIAL 2019 draft prospects thread

DJB

Just thought  i'd start a thread  where we could  make some updates on the 2019 draft on guys we should  be keeping an eye on.

My opinion  is that this team needs to build the trenches to be successful . I'll start off with 4 guys 2 on O and 2 on D that could be in the Bills range to pick. 

Ed Oliver DT Houston- Compared to Aaron Donald in terms of play on the field. Non stop motor but has elite talent. Elite vs both the run and the pass. Has insane athleticsm  and is going to destroy the combine. Star has looked terrible and Kyle won't be around  much longer. We all love Harry but he needs help. Having a gap penetrating  DT will also help open up lanes for Edmunds to blast in and make more tackles behind the LOS. 

Nick Bosa Ohio State DE - Think Joey but some say has potential  to be better. McDermott  likes to play his zone D by usually  only rushing the passer with the front 4. Well our front 4 isnt getting it done and adding an elite pass rusher makes sense. Hughes is older and everyone  else just has not been good enough.

Greg Little OT Ole Miss - No not washed up Brown's WR Greg Little but the one that replaced Laremy  Tunsil  at Ole Miss. Considered  a little raw but has great measurables and upside. Projects to be a starting  LT . Excellent in pass protection but needs some work in the run game. If our franchise  QB is going to succeed he needs time and to be on his feet.

Jonah Williams OT  Alabama-  Projects as a Jake Mathews type LT which to me there is nothing wrong with that. Very good at both the run and pass but not elite just yet at either. Brian Daboll connection  here gives me a hunch that he may be a target if given the chance to draft him.

Bonus player.

N'Keal Harry WR Arizona state - Although  I really think we need to build the trenches I wouldn't  be surprised  if WR was in play. Harry has true #1 WR potential .  Elite size and hands, excellent after the catch which I believe is a huge factor in determing stud WR. Allen needs a stud WR he can trust and Harry could be that guy.

Please feel free to comment or add in prospects we should target ! ! :)

Edited by DJB
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

Dexter Lawrence, junior defensive tackle, Clemson

Height, weight: 6-foot-4, 340 pounds (school measurements).

2017 statistics: 39 tackles, 3 for loss, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble.

Game tape watched: Louisville (Sept. 16, 2017), Virginia Tech (Sept. 30, 2017), Miami (Dec 2, 2017).

What I liked: Lawrence has outstanding size and power. Against the run, he is tough to move off the line of scrimmage and flashes surprising quickness once he gets off blocks. He has very good awareness/recognition.

As a pass rusher, he's still a work in progress, but he generates excellent pocket push because of his raw power. Every now and then, he'll flash a quick hand move to generate pressure. He also has a good feel/timing against the quick game and uses his length to bat down passes. "

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938136/article/scouting-dexter-lawrence-raw-clemson-dt-has-big-potential

Michael Deiter, G/OT, Wisconsin  
Height: 6-6. Weight: 328. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.30. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3. 

According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Deiter checks in at 6-foot-4, 322 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.35 seconds. His arms measure at 32.63 inches, his hands at 11 inches, and his wing span at 78.5 inches. His lack of length, short arms, and athleticism make him a better fit at guard in the NFL.

Michael Jordan*, G, Ohio State  
Height: 6-6. Weight: 312. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.20. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-3.

According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Jordan checks in at 6-foot-6, 312 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in 5.20 seconds. His arms measure at 34.63 inches, his hands at 10.25 inches, and his wing span at 84 inches. He has excellent size and length for guard, and his measureables would fit as a tackle. 

Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State  
Height: 6-4. Weight: 304. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.05. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-3. 

According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Jenkins checks in at 6-foot-4, 304 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 5.05 seconds. His arms measure at 34.25 inches, his hands at 10.13 inches, and his wing span at 83.38 inches. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2795578-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-best-2019-draft-prospect-youve-never-heard-of?share=twitter

Matt Miller's latest article about what he's hearing as well as his big board.

Of particular importance to Bills fans, his top 32 includes:

12 defensive linemen

4 WRs

4 offensive linemen

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, DJB said:

Ed Oliver DT Houston- Compared to Aaron Donald in terms of play on the field. Non stop motor but has elite talent. Elite vs both the run and the pass. Has insane athleticsm  and is going to destroy the combine. Star has looked terrible and Kyle won't be around  much longer. We all love Harry but he needs help. Having a gap penetrating  DT will also help open up lanes for Edmunds to blast in and make more tackles behind the LOS. 

Watching Texas Tech v Houston.  Oliver invisible.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.