Gas Explosions in Massachusetts

SinceThe70s

21 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Don't get the Boston hate around here.

Boston is a great city and one of my favorite places in America.

If you want to hate sports teams from that area, go for it.  I have always hated the Bruins much more than the Patriots, though I certainly now hate the Patriots in the BB/Brady era.

But Boston as a town?  It's one of the most highly educated spots in America, and big enough to have stuff going on all the time, but not a giant nightmare zoo like NYC.

My only complaint is that property values close-in to the city are among the most expensive in the country.

But there's a reason for that, and it's not because no one wants to live there.

Worked there for a bit. Hated every min of it. The people were trash and acted like children. Not just a few either there was like 5 decent people I met and they recently moved there. They're called m!@#$s for a reason.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Don't get the Boston hate around here.

Boston is a great city and one of my favorite places in America.

If you want to hate sports teams from that area, go for it.  I have always hated the Bruins much more than the Patriots, though I certainly now hate the Patriots in the BB/Brady era.

But Boston as a town?  It's one of the most highly educated spots in America, and big enough to have stuff going on all the time, but not a giant nightmare zoo like NYC.

My only complaint is that property values close-in to the city are among the most expensive in the country.

But there's a reason for that, and it's not because no one wants to live there.

Scenary great... People suck there in general.  Just from my experience.  Rat race on steroids.  Rat race everywhere, but takes the case ground zero in MA.  No coincidence that the rest of New England refers to it as "the MA influence."

Drop a Neutron Bomb over Boston, sorry for all the collateral damage, give the good ones 72 hours to evac... The bad ones will stay... After Neutron drop, re-populate.  Maybe the culture then reappears only 10 times more brutal than it is in NYC.  It's a start!

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Worked there for a bit. Hated every min of it. The people were trash and acted like children. Not just a few either there was like 5 decent people I met and they recently moved there. They're called m!@#$s for a reason.  

Every place has a rat race.  Some places rat race on steroids.  This is one of them.

23 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Just ask any Bostonian.  #pretentious

On 9/14/2018 at 5:00 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

So my cousin (and his wife and kids) had to leave their house. They didn't blow up or anything, but they were on the edge and told to not come home. They were allowed back in today but were told it would be 2-3 days before someone would come out to check if their gas lines were safe to be turned back on. ?

(They are not blue collar.)

The whole scenario remains mind boggling to me. Hope it all worked out for your cousin and fam.

For the record I'm not sure why white, blue or ring around the collar would have anything to do with the conversation. 

21 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

The whole scenario remains mind boggling to me. Hope it all worked out for your cousin and fam.

For the record I'm not sure why white, blue or ring around the collar would have anything to do with the conversation. 

Because with the proliferation of places like Home Depot/Lowes, You wonder who's doing what.  Are appliances hooked up properly? Are they being checked and maintained.  Do they even know how to shut the gas off?  Do they even have shut-offs @ each appliance throughout the house.

It's simply not intuitive anymore.  My wife couldn't light the pilot light on our hot water tank to save Her life.  Okay maybe She could, if I was on the phone, She was texting pictures (that's how crisis is usually adverted nowadays) with Me giving the lighting sequence.

It is what it is.  Better to go around and physically check ever house.  Who knows what people are doing.  I seen gas lines run through cold air returns!!!!! /smh in disbelief.

I live a couple of towns away and kept hearing sirens - at first I thought it must have been an accident on the highway, but as I sat and ate dinner we kept hearing sirens race pass on the highway and knew something was up - so many other towns sent fire crews to help - even the city of Boston sent crews and they are 20-25 minutes away (as someone pointed out, this area is really more NH than Boston). Terrible the a kid died - just sitting in his driveway in the car when the house blew up and the chimney landed on him -  just awful.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, The Avenger said:

I live a couple of towns away and kept hearing sirens - at first I thought it must have been an accident on the highway, but as I sat and ate dinner we kept hearing sirens race pass on the highway and knew something was up - so many other towns sent fire crews to help - even the city of Boston sent crews and they are 20-25 minutes away (as someone pointed out, this area is really more NH than Boston). Terrible the a kid died - just sitting in his driveway in the car when the house blew up and the chimney landed on him -  just awful.

Yeah... I get hard on the area, but nobody deserves that.  Truly sad.  I mean no disrepect when piling on.  There is negativity everywhere.

What's the chance of that happening to the Kid?  A freaking chimney fall on His car!