Gas Explosions in Massachusetts

SinceThe70s

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm well in agreement with you   --  who cares 

but I do happen to have friends living up in the Andover area 25 miles north.  

Don't get the Boston hate around here.

Boston is a great city and one of my favorite places in America.

If you want to hate sports teams from that area, go for it.  I have always hated the Bruins much more than the Patriots, though I certainly now hate the Patriots in the BB/Brady era.

But Boston as a town?  It's one of the most highly educated spots in America, and big enough to have stuff going on all the time, but not a giant nightmare zoo like NYC.

My only complaint is that property values close-in to the city are among the most expensive in the country.

But there's a reason for that, and it's not because no one wants to live there.

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If you want to hate sports teams from that area, go for it.  I have always hated the Bruins much more than the Patriots, though I certainly now hate the Patriots in the BB/Brady era.

But Boston as a town?  It's one of the most highly educated spots in America, and big enough to have stuff going on all the time, but not a giant nightmare zoo like NYC.

My only complaint is that property values close-in to the city are among the most expensive in the country.

!@#$ Boston. Full of scum and trash.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

But, it's Boston, so who cares.

It's not, actually.  Lawrence and North Andover are N of Boston.  They're pretty much blue-collar, hard times communities.  Median income <$30k.

Andover is ritzier and more gentrified.

None of the 3 are Boston. 

It would kind of be like saying Kannapolis is Charlotte

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not, actually.  Lawrence and North Andover are N of Boston.  They're pretty much blue-collar, hard times communities.  Median income <$30k.

Andover is ritzier and more gentrified.

None of the 3 are Boston. 

It would kind of be like saying Kannapolis is Charlotte

It's still Boston to me? ??‍♂️

Edit. To the country folk, Kannapolis is Charlotte.  I go there every Thurs to run trivia. ?

Edited by Boyst62

So my cousin (and his wife and kids) had to leave their house. They didn't blow up or anything, but they were on the edge and told to not come home. They were allowed back in today but were told it would be 2-3 days before someone would come out to check if their gas lines were safe to be turned back on. ?

(They are not blue collar.)

53 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

It's still Boston to me? ??‍♂️

Edit. To the country folk, Kannapolis is Charlotte.  I go there every Thurs to run trivia. ?

Fair enough.  

To Bostonians, Back Bay is different from Roxbury is different from South Boston or Dorchester or Charleston. 

Andover and Lawrence are so far distant, they're practically New Hampshire.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So my cousin (and his wife and kids) had to leave their house. They didn't blow up or anything, but they were on the edge and told to not come home. They were allowed back in today but were told it would be 2-3 days before someone would come out to check if their gas lines were safe to be turned back on. ?

(They are not blue collar.)

Glad their home is intact and they are safe

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You have to acknowledge Boystian posts for what they are.  

As I said I worked/ lived in Tewksbury for 9 months while working at Lucent.  

I have friends in the area and hope they are not ones to have suffered. 

Nice enough they invited me into their  home to watch Bills games even when they were not home.  

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

PG&E got fried (so to speak) for this.  I drove right by there less than 10 minutes before it blew.  San Bruno is in the flight path for SFO so many thought it was a plane crash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Bruno_pipeline_explosion

Gas main explosions are no joke.  If you've ever seen the footage of the Pepcon explosion, the second explosion is a 14" gas main.  The smaller first explosion is just rocket fuel.