Mike Schoop.....fantasy guru? Lol

Bubba Gump

All this idiot wants to talk about on a supposed Buffalo sports talk radio station is fantasy football. Who cares about your 20 teams and who you should start or trade for. This station and program is NOT all about you!!! Can't stand this moron anymore. Don't know how Bulldog sits through all this crap.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

All this idiot wants to talk about on a supposed Buffalo sports talk radio station is fantasy football. Who cares about your 20 teams and who you should start or trade for. This station and program is NOT all about you!!! Can't stand this moron anymore. Don't know how Bulldog sits through all this crap.

Well, how do you do it?

• Haha (+1) 3

The only time he is useful is if you need a nap badly. The most boring person ever. He cannot get to the point, repeats himself, is too general, has an awful voice, his opinions are stupid and not backed up by fact, he talks topics that are meaningless and not interesting, he seems self absorbed,  and he is a dope. I gave him a month's chance long ago, and he stinks. How he has lasted this long, I do not know.  Ben Stein and Henry Kissenger are very captivating when compated to him.

• Like (+1) 2

As I wish Sal had a bigger presence on the show, he's the best talent on WGR by far. Schoop & the Bulldog are the best source for Bills sports talk radio content. I would rather hear about fantasy sports than how garbage this team is, how McDermott is in over it's head and how we will have to overpay for mediocre talent with all the cap space next year, since we're such a dumpster fire. I honestly miss Rex, Rex might embarrass you off the field but we have been embarrassed on the field 22% on the games McDermott has coached.   

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I agree.  There is a spot on the radio for a lot of fantasy football talk, but that is on one of their dedicated fantasy football hours.

If you really want to talk about fantasy football that much (and I know SOME people want to hear it), then tell us what segment, or half hour of the show you are going to do it in so I know about it in advance and can tune out.

I have defended WGR on this board many times, but that afternoon show is getting really bad, even to me.  Most of the time I can deal with the morning show, when it starts at 6am they get onto the topic of the day (sports) pretty quick.

The AFternoon show though?  I can't tell you how many times I tuned in (even on some days with a 'pretty big' sports topic occuring), only to hear those two talk about their day...what time they got up...where they drove to, who they talked to in their personal life....and by 3:12 I've had enough and either go to satelite radio or 590 out of Toronto.  It should NOT take 10 minutes of going through your personal life or recapping your daily schedule before you get to sports!

• Like (+1) 5

48 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

Stopped listening to that station a while back.  It's so bad.  If you don't like what you're hearing, stop listening.  That's pretty much the only way to handle it.  Be nice to get fresh blood in there, and a pretty much clean house.

I think Schopp and Bulldog have gotten complacent, to say the least, to the point where they are untouchable.   Without legitimate competition, the ratings will most likely always be high - however, that doesn't correlate to substantive sports talk.  For guys in their mid 40's - 50's, they are immature.  I would rather listen to Sal - wish he were on more, especially during the season. 

• Like (+1) 2

The thing I struggle with when it comes to Schoop is his constant elitism.  He tends to crap on anything he thinks is the accepted norm in an attempt to portray himself as intelligent but what he doesn't appear to realize is all the hipster counter culture stuff he spews is actually the norm and not counter culture at all.

Think the goth kids from South Park.  

Ah yes, the semiweekly Mike Schopp B word thread.

If you're listening, he's doing his job.

I have no interest in fantasy sports whatsoever and if they do a segment dedicated to that, I skip to the next segment.

Always listen pre-recorded if possible and avoid commercials.  FF at will.

46 minutes ago, zevo said:

Sal brings a ton of energy to the station...i wish he was on more...also enjoy Paul Hamilton...even the young kids on the night cap are easier to listen to.

Agreed they need to move out some of the old timers and go with the young dudes. Ryan gates would have been great.

Good thought.

This has always driven me nuts. Id imagine having the job for so long has allowed for self indulgence. His takes are what they are. Personally, i can listen to their actual football talk but often find myself yelling at the radio that no one cares about your stupid FF teams. I don't personally play, but everyone has their own teams. Why does this guy feel everyone cares about his?!?!

Furthermore, i HATED that schmuck ryan gates. He would get off on self indulgent tangents and he didnt have the tenure to be able to do so. I was SSSOO happy when he was done and liked Joe.

As of late, Joe has been getting worse imo. Many of his takes seem to have their limitations due to his lack of experience in being a buffalo fan. No fault if his own, bc hes a young guy..  but it bothers me that there is no criteria for having the mic. He doesnt have to he good or know what hes talking about - but he gets a mic to spew into anyway. It is what it is... and i could turn it off it i wanted lol

I wish howard did the AM and sal did the pm. Best of our options at least

Edited by gobills1212