The Ringer's Rodger Sherman Does Not "Respect the Process"

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
Tiki not respecting the process here.

Yep. Tiki is smart, and has the same opinion as a lot of smart Bills fans......as opposed to those homers who wear rose-colored glasses 24/7.   Now, I do agree that optimism is good, but IMO realism is better.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, John in Jax said:

The writer's opinion is right on the mark, as many in this forum have also expressed very similar thoughts over the past week (including me). The Pegulas are in over their heads, and it's rather obvious. Sad but true. Yeah, they kept the team in Buffalo, and that's great, but other than that, it's a dumpster fire.

Can you list for me again the playoff teams from last year?

The fact that we are much worse than a playoff team this year comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone paying attention or who is into analytics.

Every analytics expert in the country had the Bills as a league-leading regression candidate for this season, as I have been saying all off-season.

It is common for teams in this league to jump way up or way down in quality in a single off-season.  

Happens all the time.

14 hours ago, John in Jax said:

The writer's opinion is right on the mark, as many in this forum have also expressed very similar thoughts over the past week (including me). The Pegulas are in over their heads, and it's rather obvious. Sad but true. Yeah, they kept the team in Buffalo, and that's great, but other than that, it's a dumpster fire.

I have been saying for a few years now that Terry Pegula is a very low information sports fan.

The fact that he achieved a lot of success fracking and is the guy giving the orders at the Bills and Sabres does not suddenly render him a savvy, informed, sports fan. 

He needs very high quality people around him telling him the right things all the time if his teams are going to enjoy success.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

The fact that we are much worse than a playoff team this year comes as absolutely no surprise to anyone paying attention or who is into analytics.

Every analytics expert in the country had the Bills as a league-leading regression candidate for this season, as I have been saying all off-season.

It is common for teams in this league to jump way up or way down in quality in a single off-season.  

Happens all the time.

I have been saying for a few years now that Terry Pegula is a very low information sports fan.

The fact that he achieved a lot of success fracking and is the guy giving the orders at the Bills and Sabres does not suddenly render him a savvy, informed, sports fan. 

He needs very high quality people around him telling him the right things all the time if his teams are going to enjoy success.

In that regard how is Terry Pegula any different than the vast majority of NFL owners, or owners of any professional sports team?  As far as the NFL isn't it really only Jerry Jones who actually played anything hear NFL caliber football?  Yet Bills fans are critical of Terry over it.

17 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

They used 6 1-3 round picks to draft 3 players, Allen, Edmunds and Harrison.  Even if all 3 of those players are good for a rebuilding team with a ton of needs that is not smart.

BUZZZZ WRONG.   Without the QB, there is no such thing as a rebuild, it's just spinning your wheels.  They used 3 picks, only 1 1st rounder to draft the QB, which means they only traded 1 other pick (the 3rd they got for Taylor) to move up to get Edmunds.  

As I've stated elsewhere, of the last 14 QBs drafted in the 1st round, 10 were acquired by trading up, so what the Bills did is typical for an NFL team in the 21st century.  The only QBs not traded up for were by QB in need teams that picked 1,1, 2 & 3 by teams that were not trading down to let another team get a QB they wanted & needed.  Even better, over the last 3 years, 10 out of the last 11 1st round QBs were traded up for.  Cleveland is the only team that drafted a 1st round QB & didn't trade up, holding onto the #1 pick & drafting Mayfield this year.  

So 10 GMs are stupid and you're the smart one, right.  

40 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Can you list for me again the playoff teams from last year?

nobody outside the Bills fanbase gives a flying !@#$ about the Bills fluking into the playoffs, where they totally **** the bed

you must have seen the Jim Kelly Era, and you are prancing around in glee over last year?

19 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Wait I can fix this!!!!

the Bills are amazing!!!! 

why... they have never lost a game since 1960, they are my favourite team of all time

bad bad media for suggesting otherwise

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, row_33 said:

nobody outside the Bills fanbase gives a flying !@#$ about the Bills fluking into the playoffs, where they totally **** the bed

you must have seen the Jim Kelly Era, and you are prancing around in glee over last year?

I actually prance around in glee about thecAFLbchapionships.

People keep projecting about this season and how bad the HC and GM are.  Yet looking at actual objective criteria guess what?  They got them to the playoffs their first year.  

I could care care less about what those outside the Bills fan base thinks about them. I've never even heard of this guy before.  Why exactly should I care about his opinion?

Talking about the source for the OP, not Tiki

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I actually prance around in glee about thecAFLbchapionships.

People keep projecting about this season and how bad the HC and GM are.  Yet looking at actual objective criteria guess what?  They got them to the playoffs their first year.  

I could care care less about what those outside the Bills fan base thinks about them. I've never even heard of this guy before.  Why exactly should I care about his opinion?

Talking about the source for the OP, not Tiki

Regardless of whether you heard of him or not does he or does he not raise any legitimate concerns or valid points is the question to ask.   You seem to reflexively reject criticism of the Bills regardless of the source that shows a certain lack of ability to assess where the team stands or the direction for the future.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Regardless of whether you heard of him or not does he or does he not raise any legitimate concerns or valid points is the question to ask.   You seem to reflexively reject criticism of the Bills regardless of the source that shows a certain lack of ability to assess where the team stands or the direction for the future.

Not reflexively.  Critically.  His criticism of not having a logical plan for the future flies in the face of drafting the QB and MLB you hope to have for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1

Drafting 2 players is planning for the future?  

80 mil cap space next year. So what. You think it’s that easy to bring in top notch free agents.  Especially to a team that might be the worst in the league. 

Edited by nedboy7

On 9/13/2018 at 2:01 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why is it that you seem to be upset by any criticism of the Bills whether it be from fans or media? 

I dunno if there's context to this comment beyond what he just said, but I didn't find the point that drafting a MLB and QB to lead each side of the ball to be too off-base.