The Ringer's Rodger Sherman Does Not "Respect the Process"

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

I believe what he was trying to say was without a OL and WRs your QB really does not matter.

In otherwords which comes first; the egg or the chicken or another way is putting the horse

before the cart.

Com on guys. This team as constructed, it makes no difference who the QB is. 4-12 or 1-15 a difference?

They use Goff as an example I think.  Well that's pretty much what the Rams did.  Kid took his lumps year 1, they added a lot of stuff around him year 2.  And then things took off.

Next year we have 10 picks and 70 some million to spend.  Now, it is on the management to use those wisely.  But very similar approaches.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

and to be fair to you, Indy. he does seem to contradict himself in the very next paragraph where he states:

I am particularly critical of the media a t times, so 26 may be right.  Maybe it's because I remember guys like Felser and Deford on a national level.  Guys that could actually do cogent analyses and commentary.  Now it's just I have to write something to fill my 24 hour space, so writing tends to be poorer.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't worry about smaller details like what team Jeremy Kerley played for last season.   Again Edmunds better be damned special. 

Yes, I'm being snooty, but I still don't get what this guy wants.

Yes, we gave up draft picks to move up to get top-notch players in the draft. It was a sacrifice, and I hated to say good bye to those extra picks, but I loved what we got in return. They got one of the top rated Quarterbacks in this year's draft and the second rated Linebacker in this year's class. I consider that an accomplishment.

We could have stayed where we were and drafted Lamar Jackson. Maybe that would have made Sherman happy.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

further, it seems his overall take is based upon the decisions regarding Peterman, of which he is none to thrilled with.

The Peterman thing, when it's all said and done, is just going to be a footnote when the book is written on this iteration of the Bills FO. Folks want to use it as some bellwether for McD/Beane because it's funny and sensational how historically bad he was, but in the scope of things past and future it's not a big deal at all IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The Peterman thing, when it's all said and done, is just going to be a footnote when the book is written on this iteration of the Bills FO. Folks want to use it as some bellwether for McD/Beane because it's funny and sensational how historically bad he was, but in the scope of things past and future it's not a big deal at all IMO.

well, it does have some merit. because Peterman was/(is?) historically bad, calling into question the ability to make other estimations is valid to a certain extent. the only way past that is to show that judgments made in other areas are indeed sound. time will surely tell the tale but for now, i don't think it is something that was dragged in out of left field.

44 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

No idea why Coach McDermott gave Peterman that second start

Well, it led to a critical win against the Colts, so it was good that he did.

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why is it that you seem to be upset by any criticism of the Bills whether it be from fans or media? 

I'm upset by the stupid/ignorant criticisms of anyone or anything.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

well, it does have some merit. because Peterman was/(is?) historically bad, calling into question the ability to make other estimations is valid to a certain extent. the only way past that is to show that judgments made in other areas are indeed sound. time will surely tell the tale but for now, i don't think it is something that was dragged in out of left field.

I give more weight to the results, and thus far this staff/FO has the Bills at .500 w/ a playoff appearance. That's enough right now to get the benefit of the doubt from me.

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, I'm being snooty, but I still don't get what this guy wants.

Yes, we gave up draft picks to move up to get top-notch players in the draft. It was a sacrifice, and I hated to say good bye to those extra picks, but I loved what we got in return. They got one of the top rated Quarterbacks in this year's draft and the second rated Linebacker in this year's class. I consider that an accomplishment.

We could have stayed where we were and drafted Lamar Jackson. Maybe that would have made Sherman happy.

His main point of contention from my vantage point is the head scratching opportunities provided to Peterman and the poor surrounding cast Allen has to work with.   

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His main point of contention from my vantage point is the head scratching opportunities provided to Peterman and the poor surrounding cast Allen has to work with.   

I don't know what the deal was with Peterman.  Showed well in pratice, offseason,  preseason.  But just horrid in the actual games.

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So in the article he says a couple really stupid things.  One glaring one is that he said drafting a QB and MLB to lead your offense and defense is not preparing for the future.  On the contrary, it is precisely what you do when preparing for the future.  It is exactly what you do.  And of course he calls Allen and abject failure with no data to back it up.

Just another blowhard.

He said trading up multiple times to do that is not building for the future, and he's correct. 

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I give more weight to the results, and thus far this staff/FO has the Bills at .500 w/ a playoff appearance. That's enough right now to get the benefit of the doubt from me.

i agree, it is the end result that matters most. however, all data should get thrown into the hopper to be ground out for evaluation. being that at this point, knowing what the end result will ultimately be, is unknown at best. we can only make guesstimations based upon all currently available input.

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He said trading up multiple times to do that is not building for the future, and he's correct. 

Not if you're doing so to get a QB and leader of a defense for year to come.  And I say that as a guy who thinks you have to have solid line play in the NFL.