SI.com: Why Peterman started Wk 1, Why Allen is starting now, and Why Tyrod was never coming back

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

3 million dollar game changer

2019 is DOOMED ! 

The Pegs don’t care about the dead money. They gave it a shot with Coleman because talent was there, I don’t blame them. At least they tried instead of being cheap. Too bad he was a turd and didn’t pay attention in meetings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Pegs don’t care about the dead money. They gave it a shot with Coleman because talent was there, I don’t blame them. At least they tried instead of being cheap. Too bad he was a turd and didn’t pay attention in meetings.

Took a shot.     Guess he will listen to Belicheck as it’s probably his last shot after getting dropped 2x 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Fine, so they pissed away $3M in a cash-strapped year.  Doesn't really change my point.

Means nothing.  There was no game-changing player available for that amount.  The eye has always been towards 2019, when they'll have $90M in cap room.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Means nothing.  There was no game-changing player available for that amount.  The eye has always been towards 2019, when they'll have $90M in cap room.

This keeps getting repeated, who are they signing? Have you looked at the FA class for 2019? It’s not pretty at bot OL and WR, where the Bills lack talent.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

This keeps getting repeated, who are they signing? Have you looked at the FA class for 2019? It’s not pretty at bot OL and WR, where the Bills lack talent.

If I am the owners I'm getting serious willies about handing that kind of cash to a pro personnel dept. that hasn't shown the ability to land a single quality player yet.

44 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Ask me closer to next year's FA period.  And if there are no players worth signing there, maybe a "the best offense is a good defense" strategy?

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ask me closer to next year's FA period.  And if there are no players worth signing there, maybe a "the best offense is a good defense" strategy?

That's fair but I'm still not sure about the Bills "All-Star" pro personnel department. Pegula paid a lot of money for these guys and thus far I'm not sure I'd trust them. Star looks ok but they traded for KB, picked up McD of the NE practice squad who's looked poor, signed Davis, McCarron, Gaines, Bodine, Newhouse. Murphy is cheap, so can't really complain there. The only WR they brought in this year is Kerley.

I guess we will see.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/14/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-start-sean-mcdermott-2/

The call to go with second-year pro Nathan Peterman, made on Sept. 3, was a fairly close one. The staff gave Josh Allen a preseason start on Aug. 26 as his shot to win the starting job. He didn’t; Peterman, through a strong August, had. That said, coming out of a preseason playing backups and vanilla schemes, the Bills didn’t know what Peterman would look like with a high-end defense game-planning him.

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/14/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-start-sean-mcdermott-2/

The call to go with second-year pro Nathan Peterman, made on Sept. 3, was a fairly close one. The staff gave Josh Allen a preseason start on Aug. 26 as his shot to win the starting job. He didn’t; Peterman, through a strong August, had. That said, coming out of a preseason playing backups and vanilla schemes, the Bills didn’t know what Peterman would look like with a high-end defense game-planning him.

FYI

"While the past is the past, it’s interesting to hear what many of us assumed, the starting QB decision was much closer than perhaps it appeared and the Josh Allen Era was seemingly always one bad game (or half) away. "

Who thought it wasn't close? And who didn't know Allen was likely always one game away? Do these guys even Bills?

Even if he isn't "ready" I think he give us a chance to win. Hes been much better than I expected and it doesnt seem too overwhelimg to him. Hopefully that comes to fruition.

If nothing else, we have a great opportunity to watch a really talented guy play QB for the Bills. After watching some pretty putrid QBing in the last few years, I'm pretty excited about it