SI.com: Why Peterman started Wk 1, Why Allen is starting now, and Why Tyrod was never coming back

YoloinOhio

The Bills did on Wednesday what they would’ve done on Aug. 27 if Allen hadn’t crumbled behind an onslaught of Bengals pass rushers in the team’s third preseason game. It’s also what was coming, one way or another, before too long.

Which means, because of Allen’s draft position, there’s no turning back now. And so, with Allen entrenched, let’s look at this from a couple different angles …
Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

He nailed it perfectly. Beane worked the salary cap and did some wheeling-and-dealing with draft picks to set us up with a potential franchise QB and still pick up some quality players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

#TheProcess

• Like (+1) 5

Come on any article that lauds the Star signing should be looked at a tad skeptically.  It's not a bad article, but its certainly one of those pieces that they are trying to sell to demoralized fan base.  The obvious issues are skirted over (like failure to address the O line in the draft or FA in a meaningful way - na 5th round pick and a couple of below average OL FAs doesn't really scream investment in protecting your investment at QB).  Even if you buy into the Tyrod point of view in the article, the fact remains that they could have signed Bridgewater at the level of 6 mil/yr or kept McCarron as a substantial investment in having the luxury to sit Allen if he wasn't ready in their eyes.  Then the cap issues are kind of glossed over on how a team cap strapped created even more dead cap with a couple of their moves this offseason.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Why would you expect nothing less then Greatness. Bills fans are punch drunk on bad quarterbacks and let downs it makes me sick. Josh Allen is about about to light up new Era Field and show he is the best rookie quarterback this year and a future NFL star. Doubters will eat a large stinky crap sandwich. GO BILLS!!!!

Related image

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

Come on any article that lauds the Star signing should be looked at a tad skeptically.  It's not a bad article, but its certainly one of those pieces that they are trying to sell to demoralized fan base.  The obvious issues are skirted over (like failure to address the O line in the draft or FA in a meaningful way - na 5th round pick and a couple of below average OL FAs doesn't really scream investment in protecting your investment at QB).  Even if you buy into the Tyrod point of view in the article, the fact remains that they could have signed Bridgewater at the level of 6 mil/yr or kept McCarron as a substantial investment in having the luxury to sit Allen if he wasn't ready in their eyes.  Then the cap issues are kind of glossed over on how a team cap strapped created even more dead cap with a couple of their moves this offseason.

Im of the opinion that they expected, or at least were quite comfortable, with Allen playing significant time this season. Otherwise you would never have traded McCarron and left Allen as the only back up. Aside from incompetence injury would have forced Allen on the field, they must have thought of that. TBD is positive that the staff wanted him to sit the entire season but I think they were OK with what they saw from Allen in preseason. Im excited for this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen gives the Bills their best shot to win now............

Really ?? we're going to win now ??

Did Albert bother to look at our schedule before writing this piece ?

So they didn't start Allen in Game 1 because he got annihilated against the Bengals,

but now he's going to start every game this year and not get hurt ?

And just for the heck of it...........suppose he does have to sit a few snaps............

who are they going to bring in to replace him ?

Edited by B Fan in LA
  • Like (+1) 1

I love this from the article:

“Peterman pulled the rare Blutarsky (passer rating: zero-point-zero) in Baltimore. The performance served as an encore to his five-interception effort against the Chargers in his first career start last fall.”

was it ever an an encore performance to a historically bad debut. 

And I agree, Peterman needs to be known as Blutarsky going forward. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I feel like Some of the stuff in that article clearly came at the direction of, or from a discussion with, Beane and/or McDermott. 

Albert Breer is saying what Beane and McDermott can’t say pubically. 

I get what you're saying and had the same suspicion.

On the other hand, I disagree with the critics who call Beane and McD  "clueless" and the like.   It's easy to see there's a rational plan behind all their moves.  

An effective plan?  We'll see.  I don't agree with every move Beane's made either.  But there's real logic and football acumen at work.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2