Just got back from seeing Ozzy Osbourne in Camden NJ

The Poojer

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Demo tapes? Would have been  cooler story of she said Ozzy.......

Nah.  The demo tapes were actually worth something.

36 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did he bite the head off a bat?

or hold a fish...

Or not use a teleprompter?

12 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm glad you got to see him with Zakk Wylde, who recently rejoined the band after a nine year hiatus.  Wylde is a ridiculous guitar player and I was lucky enough to see him twice with Ozzy (86 and 92).  Happy you had a great time!!

Zakk Wylde is probably one of my top 3 guitarists of all time in the metal genre .

First concert I ever went to was Ozzy (with the original Black Sabbath lineup.) with Korn opening at Hershey Park in 1996. I went with my older cousin. He said no beer, but my buddy and I got high as a kite. A great night that I'll never forget. School was rough the next day.

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I tried to find the tour. I think it may have been Ozzys Retirement Sucks tour.

Where I saw Korn was in a tiny club in savannah. Outside of the time I saw ministry in Baltimore at the skipjacks arena , easily the loudest show I’ve ever seen.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Where I saw Korn was in a tiny club in savannah. Outside of the time I saw ministry in Baltimore at the skipjacks arena , easily the loudest show I’ve ever seen.

Love me some Ministry. No mistaking who's playing when they come one.

23 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Went with my middle son and wasn't really excited about going.  Not really a big fan of the music.  Sure he's iconic but it's just not my taste.  

What an incredibly enjoyable show it turned out to be.   Ozzy was energetic, his voice sounded pretty darned good.  His band was really top notch (Rick Wakeman's kid on keyboards. Played for 90 minutes and aside from the "Changes" song he played everything I knew.

I'm really glad I went and I'm upset I went in with such a prejudiced attitude.

Also worth noting, hit Donkeys Place in Camden for what might be the best cheese steak in the area that made cheese steaks famous.

So Ozzy is physically stronger these days? I saw him in the late 90s and he was absolutely pathetic. Lumbering around the stage like an old man saying "show me your hands" every 30 seconds. Maybe he was all drugged up then?

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So Ozzy is physically stronger these days? I saw him in the late 90s and he was absolutely pathetic. Lumbering around the stage like an old man saying "show me your hands" every 30 seconds. Maybe he was all drugged up then?

it's hard to live that way and make it past 40 and still try to get out there

22 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Korn opening at Hershey Park in 1996.

I was the Chef at Hollywood Athletic Club at Universal City Walk in LA.  NIN was playing at the Universal Amphitheater and we were doing the after party at the Club.  We did a pre party for Korn and this was before anyone heard of them.  There was really no one there.  Just the band sitting at the bar looking sad.  There was music playing and I walked up and asked "is this you guys"   They said "yeah".  I looked at them and said "sounds awesome!!"   I may have made their day.   LOL