Sean Mcvay is a savant

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not sure what you are saying here Red. Hurts regressed under Daboll.

he rode Hurts all the way to the Big Dance and then had the smarts to dump him at the right time.

Seemed like after that game he was considered a good coach sans Tommy, which is what I was responding to.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yup, they are pretty much the same, minus all the amazing turnaround and roster building.

and last year the results were the same. One and done in POs.

22 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

You sound like someone who is losing their mind under the stress, each post gets more ludicrous. I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with you. 

Wow....that hurts - but pretty much spot on.....peeps here need to BREATHE......one game folks - ONE game.  Get a grip o yoselfs some huh?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Wow....that hurts - but pretty much spot on.....peeps here need to BREATHE......one game folks - ONE game.  Get a grip o yoselfs some huh?

Everyone knows the first game of the season dictates the rest of the season.  Get your pitch fork and torch ready.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Yup, they are pretty much the same, minus all the amazing turnaround and roster building.

Agreed.

But seriously I get it that offensive coaches are the present and future but McD is going into game 2 of season 2 and fans are calling for his head.  I am not saying you are. But I do think talent can mask things.  It just seems too easy to blame coaching failures on coaching backgrounds.  Coaching is more than background...its about connecting with players and getting buy-in too.  I think in his short time McD has gone a long way toward getting that.  

Once more talent gets here...assuming it does...it will be easier to judge his performance regardless of his background.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed.

But seriously I get it that offensive coaches are the present and future but McD is going into game 2 of season 2 and fans are calling for his head.  I am not saying you are. But I do think talent can mask things.  It just seems too easy to blame coaching failures on coaching backgrounds.  Coaching is more than background...its about connecting with players and getting buy-in too.  I think in his short time McD has gone a long way toward getting that.  

Once more talent gets here...assuming it does...it will be easier to judge his performance regardless of his background.

He made enough in-game errors last year for us to see he isn't going to be a brilliant tactician.

Can he be a good cheerleader?  Perhaps.  I think he's done well in that aspect of the games so far, but then, I'm not on the inside and have no idea what it feels like in the room.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Everyone knows the first game of the season dictates the rest of the season.  Get your pitch fork and torch ready.

I have GALLONS and GALLONS of Napalm at the ready.......sheesh.  Seriously everyone needs to BREATHE!  Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I have GALLONS and GALLONS of Napalm at the ready.......sheesh.  Seriously everyone needs to BREATHE!  Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

that first game was really bad. But then again we had 3 games like this IN A ROW last year and still made the post season.  It's just one game. One game at a time.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

And without a GM to get him HOF and Pro Bowl talent...so far. 

One thing Marv did was manage the enormous personalities in the locker room.  I'm not sure McCoach is close to that either. 

The fact that the guy took a team to the playoffs in his 1st year indicates he has full control of his locker room!

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

that first game was really bad. But then again we had 3 games like this IN A ROW last year and still made the post season.  It's just one game. One game at a time.

110% totally agree with this post.....again - PEEPS NEED TO BREATHE!!!!!  Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....find yer happy place peeps.

On the offensive vs defensive coach argument -

https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/01/do_offensive_or_defensive_head_coaches_have_more_s_1.html

A review of the successful coaches currently and historically indicates that the Giants have the right approach (interviewing an even split of offensive and defensive coaches). There simply doesn't seem to be any stronger correlation between winning with one side of the ball than the other.

The 12 coaches in this season's playoff field are split evenly with six having offensive backgrounds and six having defensive backgrounds. A review of the past 10 Super Bowl champions reveals a similar split: Five offensive coaches and five defensive coaches (Baltimore's John Harbaugh was a special teams coordinator and defensive backs coach).

The Giants only need to look at their own history to see success with both types of coaches. Tom Coughlin won two Super Bowls after working exclusively on the offensive side of the ball as an assistant. The Giants' other two Super Bowls were won by Bill Parcells, who spent his entire career on defense.

Of the 13 coaches to win multiple Super Bowls, seven had defensive backgrounds and six had offensive backgrounds.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You think it's going to get better lol... They don't have injuries, they played what they thought is their best line up and lost by 40 points in a down pour to 8 to 6 win team

16 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You think it's going to get better lol... They don't have injuries, they played what they thought is their best line up and lost by 40 points in a down pour to 8 to 6 win team

How much worse can it get honestly?

The team is the team and either they figure how to play together or we get blown out.

Simple as that.  

Just now, The Wiz said:

How much worse can it get honestly?

The team is the team and either they figure how to play together or we get blown out.

Simple as that.  

I didn't expect that response. I agree, I don't view it any differently from you when you put it that way.

I don't think that gives them a pass though on how poorly they've looked that should have been foreseen.