Inside the Film Room with McDermott and Tasker

26CornerBlitz

Has this replaced 'Coffee With The Coach'?  Oh how I'll miss McD awkwardly standing there holding a cup of coffee in front of a green screen mash up of the bridge from Starship Enterprise and a small indoor soccer field, blinking in morse code for someone to please get him the hell out of there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 12

32 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Has this replaced 'Coffee With The Coach'?  Oh how I'll miss McD awkwardly standing there holding a cup of coffee in front of a green screen mash up of the bridge from Starship Enterprise and a small indoor soccer field, blinking in morse code for someone to please get him the hell out of there.

I just like that they dug into the reel to reels to bring us that.  Was hoping they would dust off a few of those binders and explain a few things, maybe next week.  Probably not a smart idea to leave plays on the whiteboard though, Belichick is watching everything and could pick up on that.  Erase that thing next time guys.

39 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Nope.  I  linked it in the game prep thread. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

The kid is a freak. His closing speed is insane. he's gonna bait a few qb's into throwing picks to him. His read and react are lightning quick. He's only gonna get better.

Give this kid 10 games...he’s going to be a monster sooner rather than later.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nope.  I  linked it in the game prep thread. 

Wow quite an upgrade - actually gave him a seat and a table to put his coffee on instead of having to awkwardly stand there holding it.  And the set looks less like something from an SNL skit

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Film Room: Josh Allen's First Career Start (4:14)

In this week's episode of Inside the Film Room, HC Sean McDermott and Steve Tasker break down QB Josh Allen's best plays from his first career start against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Kid has a long way to go. I don't really care for the coaching staff telling him to tone down some of those throws, I think that's a big part of his inaccuracy, at least in that game, he's thinking about how hard he should throw it. Fire that **** in there, these receivers need to catch it.

I also loved the "if we had one more block, Ivory scores" as Benjamin gives the most pathetic attempt to block I've ever seen.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

Kid has a long way to go. I don't really care for the coaching staff telling him to tone down some of those throws, I think that's a big part of his inaccuracy, at least in that game, he's thinking about how hard he should throw it. Fire that **** in there, these receivers need to catch it.

I also loved the "if we had one more block, Ivory scores" as Benjamin gives the most pathetic attempt to block I've ever seen.

It's a walk in TD if Benjamin gets just a hand on him. KB has been an epic disappointment. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

It's a walk in TD if Benjamin gets just a hand on him. KB has been an epic disappointment. 

I never would've thought. He was impressive in college and had a couple good seasons with the Panthers. Now I think we are seeing why they were a willing trade partner. His attitude and effort are abysmal.

As I relook at the throw to Demarco.....

Notice where Josh throws that ball?   To me it looks like he is trying to "lead" the fullback to catch the ball closer to the sideline and away from the defender that is screaming up on Demarco from the other side.......

Could the pass has been thrown better?   Yes it could but I understand the concept.....this may have been a poor route by Demarco....as if he is closer to the sideline he might score here.......

It also looks to me like Josh does not try to throw his receivers into big hits......which is something that has been missing from our QB's who WOULD throw recievers into big hits.....I dont count that bullett to Kelvin Benjamin for the TD because he was gonna take a hit there no matter what.....but you are trying to punch the ball for 7 so you have to make that throw.....takes a big set of balls to throw that ball between defenders to a pass catcher in the end zone.....in past years our QBs would not even have attempted that throw.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

As I relook at the throw to Demarco.....

Notice where Josh throws that ball?   To me it looks like he is trying to "lead" the fullback to catch the ball closer to the sideline and away from the defender that is screaming up on Demarco from the other side.......

Could the pass has been thrown better?   Yes it could but I understand the concept.....this may have been a poor route by Demarco....as if he is closer to the sideline he might score here.......

It also looks to me like Josh does not try to throw his receivers into big hits......which is something that has been missing from our QB's who WOULD throw recievers into big hits.....I dont count that bullett to Kelvin Benjamin for the TD because he was gonna take a hit there no matter what.....but you are trying to punch the ball for 7 so you have to make that throw.....takes a big set of balls to throw that ball between defenders to a pass catcher in the end zone.....in past years our QBs would not even have attempted that throw.

No need to rationalize or make excuses for Allen. It was an inaccurate throw to a wide open DiMarco that prevented YAC.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No need to rationalize or make excuses for Allen. It was an inaccurate throw to a wide open DiMarco that prevented YAC.   

Allen's arm was in motion when the receiver's back was still to him with no commitment inside or out.  The throw was spot on for an outside break.  There was no accuracy problem on this throw, it was a miscommunication.   It is impossible for us to know if Allen read it wrong or if DiMarco did.  It still could be Josh's mistake, but it certainly isn't due to accuracy.  Personally, I would think the outside break was correct given the coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rew said:

Allen's arm was in motion when the receiver's back was still to him with no commitment inside or out.  The throw was spot on for an outside break.  There was no accuracy problem on this throw, it was a miscommunication.   It is impossible for us to know if Allen read it wrong or if DiMarco did.  It still could be Josh's mistake, but it certainly isn't due to accuracy.  Personally, I would think the outside break was correct given the coverage. 

Not buying it for a second.  It's a simple wheel route with a wide open receiver that Allen has to hit in stride. Easy pitch and catch. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz