Zay Jones’ Father Goes After John Warrow, Jerry Sullivan and More on Twitter

BuffaloRush

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Our society is on a downward spiral when we become interested in what the father of a player said to a media member who tweeted a casual observation after the mother of a player posted a comment about another player who didn’t know where to line up...allegedly. 

Society's downward spiral turned even more sharply downward the day twitter was invented.  Worst invention ever.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like this weirdness is ultimately just another strike against a player who's on the total bust fence as it is. Zay is obviously weirdly close with his family and the whole "my son can't do no wrong" entitled mentality is just not good for a kid who fizzled out in his rookie year and may have mental/emotional problems...

Hell, on the other hand, imagine if he actually becomes good and what contract negotiations will be like with this support circle?  Nonsense like this is just horribly unprofessional to the point of being toxic in my opinion.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, the skycap said:

All of y'all criticizing Zay Jones need to stop. And stop comparing him with Ju Ju! Ju Ju has a future HOF QB throwing him the pigskin. Zay has/had a 5th and 6rder trying to play the QB position. Put Zay with Rivers, Rodgers, Brady then evaluate him. Woods, Goodwin, Hogan should be evidence enough to show that a WR is only as good as the QB throwing to him!!

Your post sucks. Zay was absolutely awful last year. His drops, catch rate. He was horrible. I'll say they did him no favors this year, but the kid looks like a bum, he tried to jump out a !@#$ing skyscraper and now his dad is going at guys who criticize.

Cut him and get over it. He's bad, and he'll never be good with this lack of accountability. It's never been Zays fault and the Bills have played into that.

18 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Society's downward spiral turned even more sharply downward the day twitter was invented.  Worst invention ever.

This has nothing to do with society. We're talking about a dumb football team. If I'm paying attention to the football team, then yea what Zays dad is doing is stupid.

It has nothing to do with society. We're on a message board about the Bills and that idiot is going to try to dismiss those comments with how sensitive society is. The only people that care are the !@#$ing 10 of us in this thread.

Get a grip on the society bull ****. I'm not a fan of Twitter, don't have one, but that was an awful take.

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Your post sucks. Zay was absolutely awful last year. His drops, catch rate. He was horrible. I'll say they did him no favors this year, but the kid looks like a bum, he tried to jump out a !@#$ing skyscraper and now his dad is going at guys who criticize.

Cut him and get over it. He's bad, and he'll never be good with this lack of accountability. It's never been Zays fault and the Bills have played into that.

Much more succinct than I put it. "It's never been Zay's fault" is what I'm picking up from his parents, and what may end up being the fundamental issue here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

Much more succinct than I put it. "It's never been Zay's fault" is what I'm picking up from his parents, and what may end up being the fundamental issue here.

That's exactly what I see here. His dad doing this is just absolutely stupid. Luckily for Zay, he isn't big enough of a name to draw attention outside of us on here. And the Bills look so dysfunctional, this is so far down on the list of concerns.

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Sometimes I romanticize about the days before twitter and social media. 

I commented to someone earlier today: I miss the days when the primary source of news I got in LA about the Bills came from my monthly "Shout" publication.  Now I get to see nuts like Sullivan beg for clicks by trying to have a twitter conversation with the father of a player.

They're less NFL and more TMZ.

3 hours ago, COTC said:

Like Father, Like Son. 

Cant wait to see Zay lose it out on the field, that will be special. 

Why the hell would anyone cheer for something like that?

Some of you have lost your freaking minds. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good post.  Also, a general rule I have is never been on Jerry Sulkivan’s Side for anything.  Miserable Milhouse.

That would have been a great receiver for Allen to grow with.  Of course, we only like slow wrs.

The only thing st Brown has is Being 6’5 and fast

he has average to below average hands. They aren’t strong so he drops a lot of contested balls. And he plays way smaller than his size

and I’m a ND homer

7 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

Twitter is like a corn-laden turd on top of a pile in a porta-potty. It’s uber-****ty and like it or not, it is a blight on civil society and discussion .

That my friend is one of the most graphic, descriptive, and funny analogies I have ever read.  I'm still repeatedly swallowing to keep the coffee and bagel down in my stomach!!  

Edited by smuvtalker