Zay Jones has to tell KB where to line up?

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Nothing makes me happier than reading Bills fans  pissing all over Bills players' ability and intelligence

Some Bills fans are the best AND the smartest. If only they had a chance, they'd not only play better than the pros, they'd run the team better than the pros!!

Go Bills Fans!

<_<

I know you are artfully sculpting a nice deep sar chasm, but the sad thing is that for many a year (maybe not this year) there have been stretches where folks on this board probably could have drafted better than the Bills did, and possibly crafted a better game plan week to week than the Bills did.

Again, maybe not this year, but we'll see.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you ever make a post where you are not taking a shot at others on the board?

Make your point and let it stand on its own without trying to draw attn to it with your drama

Do you have any posts that don't involve scolding others and / or otherwise acting incredibly humorless and pretentious? Asking for a friend. 

18 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Do you have any posts that don't involve scolding others and / or otherwise acting incredibly humorless and pretentious? Asking for a friend. 

Tell your friend as a matter of a fact I do......which is why YOUR posts irritate me so much.

Treat others as you would wish to be treated is a good rule sir....learn it....

23 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

John is always so welcoming and respectful...maybe it’s his tone. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know you are artfully sculpting a nice deep sar chasm, but the sad thing is that for many a year (maybe not this year) there have been stretches where folks on this board probably could have drafted better than the Bills did, and possibly crafted a better game plan week to week than the Bills did.

Again, maybe not this year, but we'll see.

I'll grant you that. But to carry all that history and dump it on Team McBeane is ridiculous, and that is exactly what many are doing. 

No one saw Incognito reneging on his contract coming, or even his subsequent meltdown. No one saw Wood having to retire. You just don't pick good linemen up off the street.

Meanwhile, the team is doing what other successful teams have done; cut, save, shift, evaluate and prepare for the long term. They're no longer picking up Mario Williams or Takeo Spikes to put butts in seats. This is a strategic plan, and anyone who thought this plan was suddenly going to bear fruit this year is simply looking for something to cry about.

In the end, it's on me to stop clicking on these threads so I don't have to listen to all the whining.

Edited by LABillzFan

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I bet this happens more than we might think with WRs around the league learning a new offense and i doubt it happens on every play; I think the bigger issue is Zay’s mom putting him on blast... does she not understand this can negatively impact team chemistry? So stupid. I’m sure he told her that not expecting she would tell the world. 

Who said Zay said anything?  Mama could have noticed something herself while watching the game.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I'll grant you that. But to carry all that history and dump it on Team McBeane is ridiculous, and that is exactly what many are doing. 

No one saw Incognito reneging on his contract coming, or even his subsequent meltdown. No one saw Wood having to retire. You just don't pick good linemen up off the street.

All good points, and yet, once Wood retired and 'Cog reneged, can we agree the Bills could have done more to upgrade the line in both FA and the draft?

For one example, the Chargers appear to have taken a risk that paid off in signing Mike Pouncey to a 2 yr deal costing them $6.3M against the cap this year.

Bodine is certainly cheaper at $2.1M this year, but it would appear to be a case of "get what you pay for". 

I will admit that I have some BBBFS** myself, and do have to guard against dumping that history onto McBeane and company, especially as they appear to have made or to be making a series of inexplicable or poor decisions.

**Buffalo Bills Battered Fan Syndrome

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Eventually the kool aid folks around here will catch on that the Benjamin signing was nothing particularly special.

He's a mediocrity.

I agree he's not good, but neither is Zay's family. They need to shut up. Your dumbass son is lucky he is even employed, let alone much worse off after that **** he pulled.

The common denominator between them, this regime brought them in.

I really am done with Zay though. I remember about 15 years ago I watched a game with my uncle and the Bills lost. And he just didn't care. He didn't like the coach, he felt like the players were just guys he didn't want to root for. That's kind of how I feel about this team. I always want the Bills to win, but this FO, coaching staff, and the guys they have brought in, it's all unlikable.

Barring a few exceptions that always exist, poyer, Hyde, Tre, Edmunds. I can't even say Allen is a guy I want to root for. I enjoy what I've seen out of him, but those tweets do bother me. And the logic that led them to draft him bothers me also. A !@#$ing guy hasn't even been here a year and he's gonna tell me this guys buffalo and plan the !@#$ing franchise over 1 or 2 snow games a year, if that. It'd be great if we built a dome during this lol.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

This really is just an unnecessary amount of drama for a borderline bust from a small school. Who plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and who just had a complete and utter breakdown that would force most people into hiding out of sheer embarrassment.

I'm starting to think that Zay is a spoiled, coddled, bubble boy who either ultimately won't be able to deal with any adversity, or rather, may truly deal with real adversity for the first time in his damn life and will just like, develop a case of the yips as a result of it or something. Either way, not good. This kid is far from professional and seemingly ready for the NFL despite everything that I've heard.

Don't coddle your kids, helicopter parents. They ain't that special.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All good points, and yet, once Wood retired and 'Cog reneged, can we agree the Bills could have done more to upgrade the line in both FA and the draft?

**Buffalo Bills Battered Fan Syndrome

Perhaps, but I am not going to pretend I could point out what they could have done, where they could have gone, or who they could have grabbed. And even if I did have a sense of all that, one truth stays with me always: it's all out of my control. The Bills aren't going to do what I think is right any more than I can convince Quaker Oats to return the original Cap'n Crunch character. I have one choice, really: follow and cheer for the team or don't follow and cheer for the team.

If I'm so miserable that I hate it all, I just stop following. 

Alternately, if I choose to follow, then my bitching is just noise to other people and I'm at least wise enough to keep my whining to an absolute minimum.

So again, it comes to my choice: read the dreck or don't, and I need to do the latter.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1