Zay Jones has to tell KB where to line up?

YoloinOhio

The mother of Bills WR Zay Jones, Maneesha Jones, tweeted Monday and later deleted Wednesday, "[regarding] Jones, who else is skilled enough to play all Wide out positions AND tell [Kelvin] Benjamin where to line up too ?" The tweet was in reply to a Buffalo-based reporter's tweet about Jones playing 94 percent of offensive snaps in the season opener. Jones said Wednesday he did not want to talk about his mother, while Benjamin declined an interview request. Bills coach Sean McDermott said, "I'm not gonna get into tweets and all that type of stuff, with respect to your question. I don't follow tweets. I'm not on Twitter. I'm not going there."

She's got one son on PED suspension who's now accused of robbery and another son who, unfortunately, almost killed himself this offseason.  However, I think she is the craziest in her family.   Zay probably mentioned something in passing and she tweets it....lesson here is Zay don't talk about work with mama. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Well, I think it's safe to say Benjamin will be on another team taking shots at Jones next season. :lol:

I don't think either of 'em will be on the team next season and I wouldn't be surprised if Jones is cut during this season.  

It's too bad that Jones "isn't skilled enough" to catch more than about every 4th ball thrown his way as one of the worst receivers in the entire NFL in that way.  

I'm happy for him that he knows where to line up playing any WR spot, but that's only the start.  

In other news, after they release KB I'm curious which other WR currently on the Panthers' roster we'll sign to replace him.   I think it's Beane's goal to make us the Buffalo Panthers.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Eventually the kool aid folks around here will catch on that the Benjamin signing was nothing particularly special.

He's a mediocrity.

He was an inexpensive stop gap that we got to band aid up trading Sammy Watkins and keeping the fans happy.   I don't know if they ever had the intentions of giving him a long term deal.  

I know Brian Daboll's goal is that players not only know what they are supposed to do on a given play, he also wan't them to understand what the whole concept ofo the play is about, and what everybody else is supposed to do.  Thus, It shouldn't be a huge surprise when a bright player can tell another player where to line up and what to do.  On the other hand, it has to disappoint the coaches when another player doesn't have his own responsibilities mastered.