White on White for the Bills' Home Opener on Sunday vs. the Chargers

26CornerBlitz

7 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Why are so many home teams wearing white this year?

I don't like this at all.

Bills always suck in this outfit. It's submissive.

It's the early season schtick where the home teams often wear white because the sunny, hot weather reflects off white uniforms,,,,as opposed to being absorbed by dark colors.  Of course it's been so rainy and cool in the east at the start of the season it hasn't mattered.

30 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Remember when only the road team wore white...

The road team and Dallas Cowboys always in white. 

Read a story some years back That the driving force behind the Cowboys "home whites" was that ownership felt that opposing teams in white always looked the same. By dressing his team in white the opponents wore their colored tops and gave the fans a different view. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

Remember when only the road team wore white...

Teams from hot climates typically wear white at home in the first few months of the season. Current prediction is it will be in the 80's on Sunday in buffalo.

I recall Chuck Knox  having the Bills wearing white jerseys in the early home games too.  This has been going on for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

The road team and Dallas Cowboys always in white. 

Read a story some years back That the driving force behind the Cowboys "home whites" was that ownership felt that opposing teams in white always looked the same. By dressing his team in white the opponents wore their colored tops and gave the fans a different view. 

I heard it was due to superstition since the Cowboys wore their blue uniforms the prior year in the Superbowl loss to the Colts (1970). Someone in the organization figured they were bad luck so they wore white as much as possible after that loss.