Kim Pegula: Bills' Stadium Plans on Hold until after November Elections - John Wawrow AP Story

26CornerBlitz

13 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

What other option would there be ?  Erie County already had a chance to do a major renovation of NEF, but passed in favor of a half step renovation that was mostly window dressing. The cost for a full renovation surely will have gone up since this was done. Anyway, it’s build new or do a full scale renovation. Nothing ground breaking here. 

Yeah, I know the 2 options are build new or renovate (obviously...lol). But that wasn’t what I was pointing out. 

I was saying that Murphy confirmed that it is down to 2 sites - the current location of new era or downtown buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2018 at 8:48 AM, billsredneck1 said:

new guy? ummm yeah where do you live?

Poloncarz should/will  be voted out. The new guy is not going to give any of taxpayer (NYC) funds to build a stadium in Far North NY. 

It will have to be 100% privately funded. 

Im in San Diego. 

18 minutes ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

This is actually significant news, especially when you consider his ties and history.

...a domed, multi-purpose venue downtown sounds ideal....BUT.......the harbor limits accessibility to three directions...I'd bet the necessary highway and infrastructure improvements would easily run into the BILLIONS requiring massive Federal funding........with how quickly they move, a 2042 grand opening sounds about right.....imagine the Bills at home downtown on the same Sunday the Sabres are playing at 7:30?.....if you went to the home opener, you may get home for Thanksgiving...........

I go to games for the tailgate experience as much as the football, and with how bad this team has been for decades I doubt I’m the only one. I would be sure this ship is turned in the right direction before embarking on a downtown stadium, I think if the product is still poor and the tailgating becomes disjointed like in other cities (bars hosting events where you can’t mingle), it may hurt attendance.

I prefer renovating New Era.

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...a domed, multi-purpose venue downtown sounds ideal....BUT.......the harbor limits accessibility to three directions...I'd bet the necessary highway and infrastructure improvements would easily run into the BILLIONS requiring massive Federal funding........with how quickly they move, a 2042 grand opening sounds about right.....imagine the Bills at home downtown on the same Sunday the Sabres are playing at 7:30?.....if you went to the home opener, you may get home for Thanksgiving...........

I wasn't inferring that a downtown stadium is imminent or likely.

If the Bills are to build downtown, the owners will probably have to pay for most of the total cost. Even for a dome at around, say, $750 mil, total cost would end up being closer to double that price due to surrounding infrastructure. Even though the state may kick in a bunch of money, I have a hard time seeing more than $500-600 mil in contribution (the Bills may be the only pro football team in NY, but I doubt it will be treated like the new Yankee Stadium was).

That might cover infrastructure costs, but I'm no expert there, and I assume that would cost much more.

If I had to guess, the most feasable solution would be a major retrofit to NEF. Cost of about $500-600 mil. League contribution of about $180 mil, matching contribution from ownership, the rest by the state and county.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone who thinks Cuomo, after overseeing and approving  the most corrupt, scandal ridden and massive giveaway of taxpayer money in NYS history ("Buffalo Billion") is going to drop an other several hundred million into that city for a billionaire's man cave.......is out of his or her mind.

Edited by Mr. WEO