Kim Pegula: Bills' Stadium Plans on Hold until after November Elections - John Wawrow AP Story

26CornerBlitz

I'm not sure why everyone thinks tailgating will completely end with a downtown stadium. Buffalo has a ton of surface lots, and if they go where the Perry Projects currently sit there are a ton of businesses with lots that could open for parking as well. Tailgating would still be a thing, unless, they decide to build parking ramps, which I just don't see happening over the ones that are already in place for Key.

36 minutes ago, COTC said:

Sorry Kim,  the new guy isn’t going to give you public funds to build a new stadium. 

You will have to fund it 100%

maybe Terrance can drill another well...

I’d be willing to wager on that too. It will almost certainly be a public-private partnership. They almost all are.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills co-owner Kim Pegula tells The Associated Press the clock on deciding whether to build a new stadium or renovate the team’s current facility won’t begin ticking until after New York’s gubernatorial race is settled in November.

Pegula describes that timetable as being “prudent” because the Bills don’t want a stadium-funding issue to become a distraction during the election. And she adds there’s no point of opening talks with state officials until after the votes are counted.

...LMAO....Guido Cuomo holds a 40 point lead.......Albany's Teflon Don ain't going to jail anytime soon despite Joe Bruno needing a cellmate............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, coloradobillsfan said:

I hope they realize the tailgate is a major reason why I even buy a ticket in the first place.  I've been to more meaningless December games than I can ever hope to remember, and the party before the games is the biggest reason I do.  I know I'm not a STH so my opinion probably doesn't matter much, but I also know there are many others like me.  

No doubt they've done analytics on the extent to which they can feasibly push away the party crowd and price their offerings in a way that caters to a smaller number of wealthier, more well behaved clientele.  I suspect their plan will reveal the results of that number crunching. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:
2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:
... BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Buffalo Bills co-owner Kim Pegula tells The Associated Press the clock on deciding whether to build a new stadium or renovate the team’s current facility won’t begin ticking until after New York’s gubernatorial race is settled in November. ...

:cough:bull ****:cough:

like Cuomo has a chance in hell of losing, right.

He does claim to be responsible for keeping the Bills in Buffalo so there's that. Don't want to violate the rules here but I saw that on one of his ads on TV just today. I thought it was the Pegula's that were responsible by buying the Bills and choosing to keep the team in Buffalo but I guess I Was wrong.

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with Dunkirk Don's dome completion imminent, somebody should tell Kim the elections are a non-issue.......we're good to go IMO.........

We have not heard from Dunkirk Don for a while.  I think his internet privileges have been suspended since he continued to attempt to swindle people while in jail for fraud.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

No doubt they've done analytics on the extent to which they can feasibly push away the party crowd and price their offerings in a way that caters to a smaller number of wealthier, more well behaved clientele.  I suspect their plan will reveal the results of that number crunching. 

PSL's will definitely be part of the formula. It night not be as much as some places charged, it might not be on every seat, but they will be there at some level.

4 hours ago, John in Jax said:

That's comedy gold right there! More accurate would be that they backed in to the playoffs in a most improbable way, AND they likely were one of the weakest teams ever to make the NFL playoffs.

That means this: they were a playoff team.

When the day comes that they win a Lombardi, how do you plan to negate that?

3 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

I hate to crush hopes and dreams, but there isn’t an owner in the NFL that cares about tailgate experience. 

I’d go so far as to say most owners would probably like to eliminate it altogether.  

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It would probably seat 65000-68000, most likely be domed, and yes, there would have to be major reconstruction of roads to allow access - maybe even extend metro rail.

Knowing how long it took to tear down The Aud, or do anything with the old AM&A’s building, I don’t see it happening in my life time - Buffalo politicians are too stupid and too corrupt to pull it off.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1