What QB to SIgn?

ngbills

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Because when Allen gets hurt behind the current OL then Peterman migjt not be the next man up.  And they’ll need to sign another QB at that point anyway if it’s just Peterman left. 

Then HOW ABOUT using the limited cap space to ADDRESS the OL, over a third QB?

The BEST outcome for this season is Allen to make every snap from here on out, so use the resources to ensure that happens.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

At this point I am all for letting Allen ride this season out. But if he gets hurt or we need a number two I do not want to see Peterman back on the filed. So what is the plan at back up? I like the idea of a vet mentor guy. Also see taking a look at guys with potential. Some ideas below. 

Usual has been:

D Anderson

M Moore

Huh

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Really

Paxton Lynch

Davis Webb

I have heard of him

Ryan Nassib

Johnny Football

2 of these guys are already undercontract. 

More research!!! :)

Edited by gobills1212

3 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Best thing to do for us is let Peterman and Allen ride it out, you bring in a shiny new vet and all of a sudden anytime Allen struggles you're gonna have a sizable group of fans calling for him to be benched.

100% agree. 

Use the limited resources and Support Allen, you know maybe sign some OGs and WRs

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, which of these scrubs is better than him? Honest question.  Which qb in a bad year threw 16 tds to 4 ints?  If Allen does that, we will wet ourselves.

Not to mention his legs. I think Kaep could be a similar guy as Tyrod. With the right offense he prob has more upside though.

My concern would be does he really still want to play football? Or is his heart somewhere else now. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, which of these scrubs is better than him? Honest question.  Which qb in a bad year threw 16 tds to 4 ints?  If Allen does that, we will wet ourselves.

These guys want a WCO pocket passer. If good TD to Int ratio was the goal they would’ve hung up the phone when Cleveland called about Tyrod. 

I do believe allen will be better than Kaep  very shortly if not already. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

BecUse he went to a SB and is better than any other QBs on the market.  People are talking about crappy Landry Jones.

Oh how silly of me. How quickly I forgot about his Super Bowl appearance like 5 yrs ago. And he’s been nothing but a professional, highly efficient player since then....

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Name me ONE QB he developed?

I don't know if he developed any. He has 1 SB ring and 2 conference championships.  He picked QBs others said weren't good enough.  tells  me he knows a good QB when he sees one.  do you think this  is not true?  that he knows a good QB when he sees one when others say he's not good enough?

How many QBs did George Allen develop?  Joe Gibbs?  Brian Billick? Red Miller?

At this point I am all for letting Allen ride this season out. But if he gets hurt or we need a number two I do not want to see Peterman back on the filed. So what is the plan at back up? I like the idea of a vet mentor guy. Also see taking a look at guys with potential. Some ideas below. 

Usual has been:

D Anderson

M Moore

Huh

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Really

Paxton Lynch

Davis Webb

I have heard of him

Ryan Nassib

Johnny Football

Moore or Anderson are the only real  choices as we need a veteran who can fill in and more importantly help Allen along. I don't see Cutler doing that.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

I don't know if he developed any. He has 1 SB ring and 2 conference championships.  He picked QBs others said weren't good enough.  tells  me he knows a good QB when he sees one.  do you think this  is not true?  that he knows a good QB when he sees one when others say he's not good enough?

How many QBs did George Allen develop?  Joe Gibbs?  Brian Billick? Red Miller?

Really he did pick them?  Wasn't EVERY one of those QBs in place before he took over the team?

Again I stand by my take.  He will fail miserably

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

The backup will remain Peterman, What is the point again of signing a THIRD QB?

Because it HAS to be a vet with TEACHING skills, one that hopefully wants to coach after his player career is done.

Like Favre said, he didn't have to coach Rodgers or make it easy on him to steal his job, so it's not a normal prerequisite of the QB position. In this case, it has to be the required and declared job position. A highly paid one at that! Allen needs all the guidance he can get. Why not? I really think he can be a star. Since he's so raw, helpful minds on little stuff and to exchange with can go a long way to improve his offs of being successful. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Because it HAS to be a vet with TEACHING skills, one that hopefully wants to coach after his player career is done.

Like Favre said, he didn't have to coach Rodgers or make it easy on him to steal his job, so it's not a normal prerequisite of the QB position. In this case, it has to be the required and declared job position. A highly paid one at that! Allen needs all the guidance he can get. Why not? I really think he can be a star. Since he's so raw, helpful minds on little stuff and to exchange with can go a long way to improve his offs of being successful. 

I get it, but what is going to help him become a start more than some Vet pulling a paycheck is an ACTUAL QB coach.  Look at the strides he made with Palmer, have those strides been improved on or Stalled with our WR coach playing QB coach?  I would argue Stalled.  And NO vet taking a paycheck for a year will help that because he is just going to reinforce what your QB coach wants.

Usual has been:

D Anderson

M Moore

Huh

Jay Cutler

Colin Kaepernick

Really

Paxton Lynch

Davis Webb

I have heard of him

Ryan Nassib

Johnny Football

I would go with Anderson Moore or Lynch in that order.  I have the feeling that this Beane is reluctant to sign any other quarterbacks.  I hope I am wrong.

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the OC, you know the coach.

Who do you think Mahommes listens to his Coaches or Chad Henne?

Trubisky - really a ton of help from Bray and Daniel?

Watson last year - yep he needed Osweiller

This is my point No one can point to specific proof that a VET helps a young QB just the hand waiving coach speak and old thinking.

Henne has started 53 career games with a quarterback record of 18-35-0. He owns a 59.3 percent career completion percentage, with 58 touchdowns and 63 interceptions.

He had spent the last five seasons in Jacksonville, mentoring the likes of Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles. Henne said he helped the young quarterbacks get into a routine, and he even helped serve the Jaguar as a “secondary coach” so to speak.

“They can talk to me,” Henne said. “It’s easy to talk to me obviously as a teammate other than always going to a coach. I can relay that back to the coaches as well. Just kind of a routine, seeing what I see on the field, teach them protections if they need help with that and just go over the game plan and spend a lot of time with them and make sure they’re prepared for each and every Sunday.”

One of the things the Chiefs had to like about Henne is his familiarity with the West Coast offense, which Andy Reid likes to run. Henne has worked in the West Coast system for the last four seasons and said he has the rhythm and throws down.

Just now, GG said:

Henne has started 53 career games with a quarterback record of 18-35-0. He owns a 59.3 percent career completion percentage, with 58 touchdowns and 63 interceptions.

He had spent the last five seasons in Jacksonville, mentoring the likes of Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles. Henne said he helped the young quarterbacks get into a routine, and he even helped serve the Jaguar as a “secondary coach” so to speak.

“They can talk to me,” Henne said. “It’s easy to talk to me obviously as a teammate other than always going to a coach. I can relay that back to the coaches as well. Just kind of a routine, seeing what I see on the field, teach them protections if they need help with that and just go over the game plan and spend a lot of time with them and make sure they’re prepared for each and every Sunday.”

One of the things the Chiefs had to like about Henne is his familiarity with the West Coast offense, which Andy Reid likes to run. Henne has worked in the West Coast system for the last four seasons and said he has the rhythm and throws down.

So because Henne says he is valuable he is obviously valuable right?

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So because Henne says he is valuable he is obviously valuable right?

And you can't have it both ways (as per your usual MO)

You can't slam Bills for not having a true QB coach and turn around and say that Allen won't benefit from a true veteran on the sidelines.   

Bills are not hiring a QB coach this year, but they certainly can add a player who can play a role.