9-12: Sean McDermott & Shady-Allen Pressers Live

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

How do I know that's not part of his culture drive?  Are you saying with 100% certainty it is not?  How would you know this?

You can't prove a negative so your questions make no sense. Maybe He started Peterman because peterman is secretly a time traveler who is also McD's dad can you prove 100% that Peterman is not in fact a time traveling secret father?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I don't recall Clay from Sunday (probably because he sucked so bad) but Benjamin looked like a mopey turd out there.  I'm not a big fan of his attitude.  Him calling out Cam apparently out of nowhere just screams of lack of accountability and how its always someone else's fault.  I hope he proves me wrong (not that I matter but you get my point lol)

Yep.

You don't recall clay from Sunday, because clay doesn't even recall clay from Sunday.

He ghosts games like he's dodging thirsty thots on tinder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Yup. Controversy sells. True journalism is a dying art.

Can you blame them? McD refused to elaborate what went into the decision.  Football coaches are the worst when it comes to this. These aren't nuke codes.  Christ.  

14 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Benjamin and Clay's bodies won't last until December

Not if the critics here get ahold of them!

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

We need some insight from some insiders to tell us what is going on with McDermott.

Don't you dare!...?

It's like saying 'Beetlejuice' three times in a row!  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Judging from McDermott's demeanor during the presser, I agree with you on the 'credit'.  I don't think this was a case of "OK, we roll with Peterman, either his preseason improvements will hold in the regular season or we can switch to Josh Allen without people calling to give Peterman a shot if Allen struggles".    That may have been how Daboll viewed it.

I think McD genuinely bought into Peterman's improvement at QB from pre-season.  I think he genuinely likes and admires him and viewed him as epitomizing success according to his values - a hard working, faith-driven young man who worked hard and deserved his shot, and didn't deserve to get the hook after only one game. 

I think Daboll may have had a come-to-Jesus meeting with McDermott, reinforced by Beane and maybe others, but Man! McDermott didn't handle it gracefully.

Well stated. I'm seeing a lot of red flags on McD's ability to evaluate personal, giving faith and amiability too much of a halo effect over talent. I'm very curious to know the dynamics of the McD/Beane relationship - i.e. how much is Brandon able to push back on his coach.

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He was more than likely pissed the report was leaked before the press conference.

This ^^ x100. I was my opinion thatbthebleak pissed him off. In fact,  he started of the press conference without saying who the QB would be but rather let a reporter ask the question.  McDermott has tried really hard to plug up leaks in the organization and this was a biggy to be released.

36 minutes ago, boater said:

Judging by McD's presser appearance, I'd say Allen starting was a T Pegula decision. Which I'm OK with if true.

I disagree. Looked like he was upset to have to be conducting a press conference and justifying things to the media. I'm sure he's not happy about Peterman sucking so bad that the fanbase completely turned on him and derailing his plan to start Josh later in the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Well this does pretty definitively bring an end to his career as a starter and to be honest he doesn't look like much of a back up either. Hard to be cheerful when you've had to tell someone their dream just died.

Exactly, I hope to never see Peterman start a game for the Bills again, but I have nothing against him personally and it's still sad that it didn't work out for him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I sure hope McDermott isn't pushing for Peterman due to him being a fellow bible thumper. Everyone needs to be on the same page here...

These things are usually more subtle than that. 

Having been in a few rooms where it was going down, the usual mechanism is that managers and executives tend to feel more comfortable and have a more positive view of people we "resonate" with because they remind us of ourselves or of people we admire.  It happens to everyone unless they're consciously aware and fight it.

The bottom line is that Peterman looked better overall in preseason, Allen did not look ready, and McDermott rolled with that viewpoint and didn't look very far under the hood.

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I sure hope McDermott isn't pushing for Peterman due to him being a fellow bible thumper. Everyone needs to be on the same page here...

I 'm beginning to think the culture McD claims he's building has a whole lot to do with exactly that. Anyone know if Castro is an evangelical Christian? Ducasse? Benjamin?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, stony said:

Can you blame them? McD refused to elaborate what went into the decision.  Football coaches are the worst when it comes to this. These aren't nuke codes.  Christ.  

In any organization, personnel matters are internal. There's no reason for him to tell reporters what happens inside the meeting room.

3 minutes ago, yungmack said:

I 'm beginning to think the culture McD claims he's building has a whole lot to do with exactly that. Anyone know if Castro is an evangelical Christian? Ducasse? Benjamin?

I think AJ and his wife were devout Christians actually.  Still don’t know why he was traded.  Nothing really would surprise me though

12 minutes ago, stony said:

And who says that fans "need" to know?  Who cares? The Bills owe nothing to any fan.  If we don't like it,  we don't support it. Also, as far as the media goes, ANYONE with two brain cells to rub together can figure out what his response is going to be after the 3rd time asking the same question.