9-12: Sean McDermott & Shady-Allen Pressers Live

26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well this does pretty definitively bring an end to his career as a starter and to be honest he doesn't look like much of a back up either. Hard to be cheerful when you've had to tell someone their dream just died.

He will rip it up next preseason and Gruden will trade a 7th for him. 

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Some of the reactions in this thread are just weird.  

Correction all of the reactions in this thread are weird.

He literally said "It was my decision"

He was more than likely pissed the report was leaked before the press conference.   The idea that he likes Peterman who he drafted in the 5th round, more than the guy he gave away picks and players to go up and get at #7 overall is inane.  

• Like (+1) 5

Congrats to Josh Allen starting. I wanted Nate to start another game just to see, but I'm not getting that. If I was Nate, stay quiet. Keep watching game film. Work on my game and be a good teammate. Nate is NOT the major reason why we suck right now.  It's the defense. It's trash. Worst in the NFL. Kelvin Benjamin and Shady need to step up their games.  They had 3-4 catches they should have made on Opening Day, but they dropped it. There was one play where Kelvin gave up and got out hustled on his route leading to a Nate Peterman interception.

I don't expect much out of Josh Allen. I hope he shows that he can get some first downs at least. I know we're not making the playoffs. It's another development year. Man, the defense is the worst in the NFL. LOL OMG.

17 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

I take it as if Peterman is the child you keep investing time and money in. They seem like they have it under control then continue to make poor life choices.He’s probably embarrassed; and annoyed his plan has failed, and now has to Josh way earlier than he wanted.

They did this to themselves with not having a Matt Moore or some seasoned vet to take the heat this season. 

Matt Moore is not as bad as Peterman but he isnt winning you many games...he was terrible when he started for Miami...

Edited by matter2003

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This kinda makes me a little uneasy because it gives me a thought that he believes this could be a disaster.....Allen really isn't ready.

Well, it could be a disaster.  But that's the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" dilemma the Bills choices have put them in.

Look, announcing Peterman as the starting QB, the organization putting forth a Peterman hype video, then having to step in front of the media a week later and walk it back and proclaim Allen as the Starter, is a epic milestone in mistaken player personnel evaluation on the part of a head coach. 

But he doesn't look like it's his decision.  He kind of looked as though someone walked him up there on a kinky leash and was driving it in while he talked, frankly.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Congrats to Josh Allen starting. I wanted Nate to start another game just to see, but I'm not getting that. If I was Nate, stay quiet. Keep watching game film. Work on my game and be a good teammate. Nate is NOT the major reason why we suck right now.  It's the defense. It's trash. Worst in the NFL. Kelvin Benjamin and Shady need to step up their games.  They had 3-4 catches they should have made on Opening Day, but they dropped it. There was one play where Kelvin gave up and got out hustled on his route leading to a Nate Peterman interception.

I don't expect much out of Josh Allen. I hope he shows that he can get some first downs at least. I know we're not making the playoffs. It's another development year. Man, the defense is the worst in the NFL. LOL OMG.

Nate Peterman might be the worst QB who has started in the NFL in the history of rhe league. You shouldn't "need another look" to confirm that. In 3 starts he managed to set 2 historically bad records...one for most INTs in a half and last week a franchise record opening day loss.

What good QB has ever performed that terribly in his first 3 starts? None.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It was a weird press conference, for certain.

A few thoughts.

First, McDermott prides himself on the culture he is building, first and foremost. That starts with the owners, GM and him to the players, trainers and probably even the custodians in the building. He is trying to take the B.B. approach. He wants to build the team's culture, he wants that in place because once it is, it makes a lot of other things easy. 

On that note, I bet he isn't happy about the leak. Someone went against the culture, so I'm sure he was pissed off about that before he entered the room. 

Secondly, it seemed that the reporters were attacking him, attacking his credibility, and questioning his decision making. That put him on the defensive, so he was already in a bad mood and now he is on the defensive. Plus, the ask the same question eight times, which he answered the same way each time and was getting more annoyed each time the question was asked. All those equal up to a not so pleasant press conference.

One more note to make. I think NP was McDermott's guy. When he looks at the kind of player he wants in his locker room, its NP. He wanted NP to succeed so badly, not because he wanted to look correct last year, but just because he truly likes the guy and sees him as someone who he can build the roster around, in terms of the culture. McDermott never thought NP was the long-term solution but wanted him to be serviceable this year so that Allen could sit and learn. Obviously, NP being atrocious doesn't allow that to happen, so now he has to turn to his rookie. I think he has all the faith in the world in Allen, he just wanted Allen to have time to learn and grow before taking his lumps. 

I got the impression that McD really just wanted to make the decision himself and that someone or something else somewhat forced him into making that decision and he didn't like it. But I also imagine it was the team, the players, more than Terry and Kim. I doubt they would do this so early in McD's tenure. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, it could be a disaster.  But that's the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" dilemma the Bills choices have put them in.

Look, announcing Peterman as the starting QB, the organization putting forth a Peterman hype video, then having to step in front of the media a week later and walk it back and proclaim Allen as the Starter, is a epic milestone in mistaken player personnel evaluation on the part of a head coach. 

But he doesn't look like it's his decision.  He kind of looked as though someone walked him up there on a kinky leash and was driving it in while he talked, frankly.

The good thing about it is if Allen had started week one and didn't have a great game, a lot of people would be calling for Peterman.  Now Allen can just play and we don't have deal with a good portion of the fan base calling for Peterman if Allen struggles early.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep.  

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The good thing about it is if Allen had started week one and didn't have a great game, a lot of people would be calling for Peterman.  Now Allen can just play and we don't have deal with a good portion of the fan base calling for Peterman if Allen struggles early.

That is the "Silver Lining", indeed.

Judging from McDermott's facial expressions and body language, that doesn't look at all as if that was the plan, or even a possibility that had been strongly considered.