Confirmed: Bills to start rookie QB Josh Allen vs. Chargers

East TX Dan

If they do announce Allen the starter, it will truly make me doubt McDermott's ability to evaluate talent, particularly at the QB position. Since the same mistake with Peterman was made last year, I say if he waffles again and does not start Allen the next 15 games (barring injury), he should be fired.

27 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Ahh, how soon we all forget that Cincy game in which Allen was under such heavy pressure he went 6 of 12 for only 34 yards and was sacked 5 times IN THE FIRST HALF! He was sacked for more yards then he threw for...

I hope Allen sits until Pickerman throws his picks and then Allen comes n.

And yet those stats are still better than Peterman’s vs the Ravens 

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Or do we need to keep him around because he is a devout Christian? 

I keep hearing this narrative. Isn't McCarron also a devout Christian, complete with Jesus tattoos?

6 minutes ago, jletha said:

I keep seeing that "The plan was to sit him the whole season" being posted here. If that truly was the plan, that they didnt want Josh to see the field for 10-16 weeks then why would they have traded McCarron. Even if you thought Peterman would be competent, you always have the risk of serious injury. They MUST have felt comfortable enough with Josh being a back-up role. I doubt they anticipated that he would be forced to start by NP being a disaster but they nonetheless the knew him seeing significant time was a very real possibility the second they traded away AJ.

Unless they planned to bring in a vet if NP went down, and in that case they would be doing that now.

It is confusing to me too. 

1 minute ago, jkirchofer said:

If they do announce Allen the starter, it will truly make me doubt McDermott's ability to evaluate talent, particularly at the QB position. Since the same mistake with Peterman was made last year, I say if he waffles again and does not start Allen the next 15 games (barring injury), he should be fired.

Looking at how poorly the offensive line has played all preseason and in that Ravens game. Both Groy and Mills shouldn't be starting or even backups for that matter. Looking at this receiver corps and their inability to get separation or get open a lot of the time. 

Looking at how Josh Allen played as the starter in that Cincy game and how Peterman played as the starter in the Ravens games leaves me to think this coaching staff doesn't have a freaking clue. Not to mention trading away AJ McCarron and not replacing him with another veteran QB. 

You can’t face your owners and tell them we’re starting the worst QB in the league, and have no chance of winning, because we’re afraid our prized rookie being hurt by our terrible OL coached by our terrible OL Coach because our terrible WR can’t get open, and our prized RB can’t run, because our terrible QB can’t get the other team to stop putting 8-9 in the box. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3